Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Recommended Posts

Hassenhuttl is the glue holding it all together at Southampton. They’re a competent team with a superb player in Ings and a couple of decent others but the likes of McCarthy, KWP, Bertrand, Bednarek and Romeu etc are upper mid table players at best. It seems like their recruitment has tailed off a bit too.

 

Come the end of the season I’d expect the usual 6 (aside from United if they don’t sack OGS) us, Wolves and Everton to finish above them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It was really horrible and we'd taken the lead which usually gives us a great platform to turn teams over and yet we instantly collapsed ourselves.

First time we'd lost at home from a winning position since the 2-5 to Arsenal.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Don’t mind them being up there temporarily but can’t have them winning the league! I want it to be us and only us that can break the big 6.

As long as it doesn’t dislodge us from achieving then why not?
 

The less NW & London teams in the top 6 the better!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Calendar Year 2020 points and averages 

 

Southampton 46 pts from 26 games - 1.77 pts

Leicester 35 pts from 25 games - 1.4 pts

 

Think Southampton based on a consistent run of form are are track for a cracking season.   

 

Put ares down for reference, but we were pretty shocking earlier this year.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to them. They've bounced back from their humiliating drubbing by us last year and have earned the right to be top of the league. It really is a wide open race this year at present and there will be a number of clubs, including ourselves, will think they are in with a shout.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Calendar Year 2020 points and averages 

 

Southampton 46 pts from 26 games - 1.77 pts

Leicester 35 pts from 25 games - 1.4 pts

 

Think Southampton based on a consistent run of form are are track for a cracking season.   

 

Put ares down for reference, but we were pretty shocking earlier this year.  

Were we?! Hadn't seen it mentioned before :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Southampton will be off top before the international break. It’ll be either us, Liverpool or Spurs. I think Spurs on GD but I hope we can beat Wolves and take it(don’t fancy Liverpool at the Ethiad).

I don’t think we’ll play them at the Etihad so it’ll all be good 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nice seeing Southampton doing well for a change, but come on, they're not really top are they? They just happened to have played earlier than everyone else. 

 

I doubt anyone would have made any fuss if we'd have gone top after beating Palace last Friday (which we would have done but for a shit decision from Lee Mason). 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's nice seeing Southampton doing well for a change, but come on, they're not really top are they? They just happened to have played earlier than everyone else. 

 

I doubt anyone would have made any fuss if we'd have gone top after beating Palace last Friday (which we would have done but for a shit decision from Lee Mason). 

They are giving it the big one far too early. It’s the equivalent of celebrating a lottery win after getting the first number.

 

If they are in the mix after Xmas I’ll give them credit but will reserve judgement until then 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

They are giving it the big one far too early. It’s the equivalent of celebrating a lottery win after getting the first number.

 

If they are in the mix after Xmas I’ll give them credit but will reserve judgement until then 

Yeah putting a screenshot on your social media channels of you top having played a game more than everyone else is horrendously small time. But I guess when you're allergic to winning trophies that's as good as it gets.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah putting a screenshot on your social media channels of you top having played a game more than everyone else is horrendously small time. But I guess when you're allergic to winning trophies that's as good as it gets.

Or they're aware of their status and the fact (?) that they've never been top of the Premier League and are just having a laugh with it? I salute their social media team for that

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...