urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I think this title will be between Spurs, Chelsea and Man City. I think Liverpool’s injury’s and their squad all been played so much over the last 2/3 years means they might of come to the end of their cycle.

Chelsea for me are favourites as I think Spurs will drop to many dodgy points, they were lucky vs West Brom and Burnley to not drop 2 points . Man City look in transition but with Laporte/Diaz they will be challenging if they can get a top striker in Jan.
I can’t believe they have not planned for a cover option for Aguero, I guess it’s hard to get anyone near the level, similar to our situation with JV.

Can't see Man City being anywhere near the top (points wise) come the end of the season, said it for ages, they look awful this year.

16 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

They were pressing high and Grealish and Barkley were constantly pinning us back. Forfana was fantastic and kept us in it, we were getting over run in the 2nd half and it was coming. We looked to of done enough to knick a draw but they were 100% the better team.

I agree but they created little and we defended well. 0-0 would have been fair. If we had won 1-0 it would have been very unjust. 

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

See this is why these decisions and VAR will never be perfect because for me that isn’t a handball.

It was 80% chest/knee and maybe brushed his hand a little bit, but for me these decisions are killing the game. Unless it’s clear intentional hand ball it should be let play on.

He had plenty of time to get his hand away though which I think is key to it. Also without using his hand there's no guarantee he is able to control it and pass to Laporte.

Reguilon is a good player. Significant upgrade on the weak link Ben Davies.

Spurs look a really balanced team this year. Could go far. You do wonder about how that balance is affected if they get any injuries, but we've coped well enough so it can be done. You just hope their spursy nature comes to the fore at some point otherwise it really could be their year.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can't see Man City being anywhere near the top (points wise) come the end of the season, said it for ages, they look awful this year.

I’d argue they have looked pretty good so far today but spurs look very good defensively and with Kane and son look a threat on the counter. They are playing similar to us and it’s working.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

He had plenty of time to get his hand away though which I think is key to it. Also without using his hand there's no guarantee he is able to control it and pass to Laporte.

I just think they need to use common sense. Handball should be a clear handball not where it’s a case of any slight brush of any part of the arm below the shoulder is no goal everytime. Think that just ruins the game in my honest opinion.

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I agree but they created little and we defended well. 0-0 would have been fair. If we had won 1-0 it would have been very unjust. 

I agree, you could argue they wernt particularly good. I thought we killed the storm when Mendy came off for Hamza and we stifled it for the last 20 minutes, we had absolutely no threat though so the pressure was always on us and eventually it told. A draw wouldn’t of been super unjust but we can’t really argue we deserved anything out of that game, we were really poor.

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I really think Chelsea will be the ones to beat this year. Once this new squad settles they will be incredibly good 

Any team with Kante in his best position is going to do very well. He's a bloody machine.

2 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Don't mean to be contrary, but I think it quite clearly hit the bare skin on his arm.

I'm really not so sure it did. So difficult to tell. There's a slight touch, then on to the chest.

Have another look....I still can't decide. Which would make it not clear and obvious :dunno: