Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He will not get sent down for this spaceman, please compose yourselflol

 

Just a group of pissed up lads being idiots in reality, he'll pay a fine for it (if he has actually done anything wrong).

Depends on the circumstances. Ben Stokes came very close to a custodial sentence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was just a scuffle with some other blokes it will just blow over and be forgotten about

 

Its the physical altercation with the police that interests me, if he was resisting he will probably get away with that, if he lamped a copper it could get real interesting

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Depends on the circumstances. Ben Stokes came very close to a custodial sentence. 

Did he? He was found not guilty I remember that, but wasn't be only facing affray charges? The only time I've seen people get sent down for affray is repeat offenders or if it's football related violence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He will not get sent down for this spaceman, please compose yourselflol

 

Just a group of pissed up lads being idiots in reality, he'll pay a fine for it (if he has actually done anything wrong).

Tbf If he’s tried to fight with the coppers he’s going to be in trouble, would imagine they’ve roughed him up a bit anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Tbf If he’s tried to fight with the coppers he’s going to be in trouble, would imagine they’ve roughed him up a bit anyway

Can imagine they would've properly made his life difficult if he's tried to fight them. Sure he'd be giving the big man act until he's in a cell and a guard walks in with a set of rubber gloves on :revenge:

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Did he? He was found not guilty I remember that, but wasn't be only facing affray charges? The only time I've seen people get sent down for affray is repeat offenders or if it's football related violence.

What is affray?

The legal definition of the term affray says: A fight between two or more persons in a public place so as to cause terror to the public.

People often get charged with affray where they are involved in a fight or brawl in a public place. It is a common law offence and is triable by a judge and jury.

What sentence does affray carry in UK courts?

The maximum penalty for the offence is three years in prison. The defendant can also be fined a unlimited amount.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

What is affray?

The legal definition of the term affray says: A fight between two or more persons in a public place so as to cause terror to the public.

People often get charged with affray where they are involved in a fight or brawl in a public place. It is a common law offence and is triable by a judge and jury.

What sentence does affray carry in UK courts?

The maximum penalty for the offence is three years in prison. The defendant can also be fined a unlimited amount.

Oh don't get me wrong, it is possible, but it's probably about a 0.1% of being done for first time affray and being sent down. Only time I think it's common is in football related disorders, as they want to send out a message.

 

If Stokes was found guilty he would have likely got community service IMO, at worst a suspended sentence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"I am flabbergasted. Maguire. I wouldn't even let him on the plane after the holiday, make him swim back to Manchester. Shocking I am disgusted with it. I am staggered that an international player can just get knicked like this. Ole needs to make some changes."

0_CKP_CHP_150218Roy-Keane_197JPG.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Has it been confirmed he fought with the police there? 

From the original article:

 

”When the police intervened to stop the quarrel, three people from a group of Englishmen attacked the ELAS men verbally and using physical violence.“

 

“As a result, the police brought the three Englishmen - among them the United central defender - to the Mykonos police station.”

 

ELAS is the name for the Greek Police, so it suggests they were arrested for whatever happened with the police rather than the initial scuffle

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

I know its funny because its Maguire and its not something you want him to be involved in but we don't know the full story. He could have given it big bollocks or he could be getting shit from  other lads, which wouldn't surprise me. 

 

Either way it ain't a good luck but it will get glossed over soon enough.

I know footballers are always in the spotlight now but when you play for a club for Man Utd it'll be worse. Everybody will want a piece of you. He's only ever played for us, Sheffield United and Hull. At those clubs he could probably get away without necessarily getting noticed on holiday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...