urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, filbertway said:

lol it's just not a headbutt. It's a red by today's standards but its not a headbutt. In my dream world Alioski gets booked for diving and the two are told to get on with it.

Is it a dive though? 

Think this is going to be a very physical match. Expect some shxthouing from Klopp as they will be looking to intimidate us.

If we match up to them mentally and physically that's all I can really ask for. Let the chips fall where they may. 

Just want to see us fight from the start.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yes. If anybody can convince me that the reaction was proportional to the contact made then fair play.

If only they'd explain to the players that a head to head like that will result in a red card

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1
Just now, turtmcfly said:

If only they'd explain to the players that a head to head like that will result in a red card

Haha it was stupid by Pepe because by the letter of the law it's a red. I dont like it and I dont like that Alioski is allowed to fake a reaction to make it look much worse than it was.

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

No it’s not a dive, it’s just a shame we live in a world where moving your head a snail pace toward someone is classed as violent conduct. I blame the Lib Dem’s 😱

Agree. I used to greet my ex Mother-in-Law like Pepe and my Divorce Lawyer advised that this perfectly acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

There is a little forward motion. It's a headbutt. End of. 

Slightly yes so you're probably right, but I would say it's inevitable to have forward movement as Pepe is moving towards Alioski. You or me would be embarrassed go to go down after that, why is it accepted that footballers can do that? I don't deny a Leicester player would be do the same thing by thee way.

It's probably a more wider point, and why I am increasingly going off aspects of football in general.

Stupid from Pepe though admittedly, not like he was reacting to a dangerous tackle or anything. 

10 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If you genuinely nutted someone on the pitch, spreading their nose in a bloody mess, they would set the law on you, Duncan Ferguson style.

What happened there wasn't a head butt.  It was a light brushing and it shouldn't be called a head butt, as it just ain't the same thing.

Tbf, if anyone knows a Glasgow kiss when they see one it should be you...

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha it was stupid by Pepe because by the letter of the law it's a red. I dont like it and I dont like that Alioski is allowed to fake a reaction to make it look much worse than it was.

It's been verboten for a long time, Do it and get caught and you're sent off. Quite why it causes a discussion about 'degrees of heabutt' is beyond me. It's not like it's a topic that gets raised in between effete headbutts.

Edited by turtmcfly

I actually think on the Pepe incident that going down like you’ve been full on nutted brings the VAR to attention and it DID in fact get him sent off, not the actual action.

its selective when they use it and basically a massive farce. Pepe is stupid but the game is dead in all ways currently. The rules encourage cheating and diving.

Ive heard lots of pundits recently going on about teams being ‘soft’ or ‘not getting into people’s faces’ or ‘they are missing that tough tackling leader’ and they wonder why they don’t make players like Viera Keane Barton Batty Butt Wise etc. The physical players arnt allowed anymore and would be sent off every game and that’s the reason these types arnt there anymore.

The rules reward being a weak pathetic cheating fakers so until the rules change we’ll see this play acting all the time Theres an opportunity too. Obviously they enjoy seeing strictly come dancing mixed into football to not sort it out.

They did it to eradicate dangerous leg breaking tackles, but have gone far too much the other way. There is a good compromise to punishing dangerous tackles, but keeping a physical contact sport and not punishing every single little ‘hang bag’ incident.

If Pepe butted him then why did alioski get up and not have any blood or anything? I’m embarrassed watching it constantly.

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Bamford has all the coordination of a giraffe on ice at times 

Bamford is like Nugent. Probably too good for the Championship, out of his depth in the premier league, but will show some flashes of brilliance