urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

27 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Joe Cole is an idiot. How's he's ended up as BT's number one pundit is beyond me. Can barely string a sentence together. Some pundits get better over time, and maybe Cole will, but hes been put straight in as number one pundit without time to grow into the job.

He pops up with decent bits of analysis, but the London bias and frankly stupid things he comes out with is annoying. He's by no means the worst out there however. 

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yes. And apparently losing van dijk means way more than any other player despite us being without his centre back partner in the pfa team of the year.

Seems pundits are unable to understand Liverpool losing Van Dijk had a similar effect to us losing Ricardo. Losing a vital player to a team has an impact irrelevant of the level, which you'd think would be noted. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Seems pundits are unable to understand Liverpool losing Van Dijk had a similar effect to us losing Ricardo. Losing a vital player to a team has an impact irrelevant of the level, which you'd think would be noted. 

All the high profile media are as bad to be honest, the bbc, talksport, sky and bt - when its not a high profile game they seem to actually get pundits on who properly do their research. Sidwell is very good for example, as was Danny Simpson. 

Mcmanaman and carragher are just outrageously biased and don't bother watching any other teams. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I could accept us losing to these if we had a go like Brighton are

Bang on, that's what my main frustration was last season, certainly in the 2nd half of the season/after the restart, all the tippy tappy shit.

Thankfully it's only happened against Liverpool this season, the rest of the games I can't really fault, I just hope we don't do what we did against Liverpool again (As we should have already learnt from last season). It concerns me we hadn't learnt from last season though, but one game hopefully it's a reminder, improve and move on.

But to watch other teams having a go against this 'weakened' Liverpool team is frustrating given how toothless we were.

Edited by Matt
1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

All the high profile media are as bad to be honest, the bbc, talksport, sky and bt - when its not a high profile game they seem to actually get pundits on who properly do their research. Sidwell is very good for example, as was Danny Simpson. 

Mcmanaman and carragher are just outrageously biased and don't bother watching any other teams. 

Genuinely appears the minute a big 6 side plays, any knowledge and common sense of football punditry goes out the window. By no means is that all pundits, but the majority seem to be awful. 

The lower fixtures and smaller names seem so much better and have significantly more about them. Sidwell is brilliant as was Liam Rosenior.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Brighton already showing more threat and positivity in 10 minutes than we did in the whole 90.

Why do we look so scared in certain games!

Should we overlook that Brighton could have easily been 2 down within the first 5 mins

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Should we overlook that Brighton could have easily been 2 down within the first 5 mins

Gonna sound like Arsene Wenger here and say I didn't see the first couple of minutes.

It's not really my point though, even though i'm praising Brighton by saying they've been more of a threat and more positive in the first 10 than we were in the 90, they'll probably still lose, it's doesn't get away from the fact they've been more of a threat and more positive.

Ultimately a loss is a loss, doesn't really matter but as @foxfanazer said losing to Liverpool wouldn't have been as hard to take if we'd atleast gave it a go.