Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Points being dropped by all the teams in and around us today and tomorrow.

 

Chelsea vs. Villa

Everton vs. Man City

Southampton vs. West Ham

Manchester United vs. Wolves

 

A win against Palace is needed.

Unfortunately our draw now gives others the chance to steal a march on us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Clubs announce their Premier League squads. If you have a certain amount of players from that squad available you should be forced to fulfill the fixture. 18 players should be enough. 11 and 7 subs. 

I don't disagree but wonder if it's due to the risk of further spread from the affected team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Clubs announce their Premier League squads. If you have a certain amount of players from that squad available you should be forced to fulfill the fixture. 18 players should be enough. 11 and 7 subs. 

I see you boys are playing against Man United who had about 32 hours more rest tomorrow.

 

Ridiculous how some teams are forced to play so close together.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's more to do with the fact that if you're an opposition player, how comfortable are you playing a team that have confirmed cases either in the squad or staff that are in close contact with them? Especially as this is an illness which can have long term impacts on your playing career.

If I was an Everton player, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Man City right now.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fox_up_north said:

I think it's more to do with the fact that if you're an opposition player, how comfortable are you playing a team that have confirmed cases either in the squad or staff that are in close contact with them? Especially as this is an illness which can have long term impacts on your playing career.

If I was an Everton player, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Man City right now.

This

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Villa have barely made any changes to their side. Makes our team selection today look a bit over cautious.

We've played 8 more games than Villa. Maddy has a slight knee problem, as does little Wes. Chestnuts and Wilf just back from long term injury. Vards has an ongoing groin weakness. Youri has played virtually every game. I'd have liked him to play, as he is critical to us, but perhaps he's knackered. He's also played in loads of internationals. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is it really possible to comment without knowing both teams injury situation?

 

4 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Villa have barely made any changes to their side. Makes our team selection today look a bit over cautious.

Exactly as Dahnsouff says, and Villa have played a lot less games than us as we've had Europe too. I think we have more players who've been on international duty as well. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Clubs announce their Premier League squads. If you have a certain amount of players from that squad available you should be forced to fulfill the fixture. 18 players should be enough. 11 and 7 subs. 

But how do you then prove none are infected and asymptomatic? You're then risking other people outside of the club.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...