urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I doubt very much that he will be there after the Summer. The new owners will have more ambition than just staying up.

Not sure about that. Why on earth would anyone buy Burnley, other than that they have a pass into the richest league in the world? 

The new owners, I'd guess, just want an 'in' and Burnley are - in their eyes - an available franchise

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Liverpool look knackered recently. Makes you wonder if the super intense press they've employed these past 3 or 4 years might be catching up with them a bit. 

You maybe right. With this increasing covid condition in place and some games being called off I can see an enforced winter break and no football for a month at least. The situation is getting ridiculous even for so called elite sport. 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Not sure about that. Why on earth would anyone buy Burnley, other than that they have a pass into the richest league in the world? 

The new owners, I'd guess, just want an 'in' and Burnley are - in their eyes - an available franchise

I'm not sure I understand your response. Do you feel the new owners will be happy with just staying up ?

Burnley have been up for sale for some time now so yes they are an available franchise.

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I'm not sure I understand your response. Do you feel the new owners will be happy with just staying up ?

Burnley have been up for sale for some time now so yes they are an available franchise.

Given their current resources, Burnley punch above their weight staying up (they were one of the favourites for relegation to League 1 when Dyche took over).

New owners probably will change this, depending on what they invest, but it's not as if the club are currently minted but "just staying up".

Money changes everything.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Newcastle look a lot fitter and sharper than Liverpool.

I'm sure Liverpool have the quality to cut them open with even a half chance though. 

Newcastle certainly not looking like mugs though.

They look miles better than Palace!

3 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Exactly. The only remit will be for Burnley to stay in the PL. They (the new owners) will (surely) not have bought with an expectation to challenge for trophies.

It smells of a pure business deal to me. They've  bought the likelihood of 90m in revenue each year. 

I'm reluctant to post this, given who Newcastle play next, but Joelinton cost £40m.

If Leicester City signed a player for that amount who contributed to that extent, there would be mud and blood in this forum.

Amazing.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

I'm reluctant to post this, given who Newcastle play next, but Joelinton cost £40m.

If Leicester City signed a player for that amount who contributed to that extent, there would be mud and blood in this forum.

Amazing.

We got Youri they got Joelinton :beer:

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Have they got new owners yet?

49 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I really really DGAF about this whole thing, which has been massively boring and overblown, but when I read this, I could almost see a finger being jabbed at the reader lol

Bravo.

I actually realised I sounded far more indignant than I really am but couldnt be arsed rewording it.  I'm pretty relaxed, glass of Old Peculier on the go, roaring fire, toasting tier 4....😂

Edited by Pub breath
4 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

I actually realised I sounded far more indignant than I actually am but couldnt be arsed rewording it.  I'm actually pretty relaxed, glass of Old Peculiar on the go, roaring fire, toasting tier 4....😂

An Octomore 2012 Single Malt here in "Level 4". 

Cheers :D

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I would rather he was back. Poor guy is suffering  long covid effects.... hope he fully recovers.

Agree with that, a decent player for Newcastle, hope he recovers fully, they have missed him in this game against liverpool especially in the first half.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Amazing.

Hopefully the name of Joelinton won't be mentioned in the ever obliging Leicester City thread on Sunday.