urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

It’s inevitable more games will be cancelled I think due to Covid.

However personally I can’t see the point of suspending the league for a few weeks as some are suggesting.

What would be the point? It’s not as if the virus will have gone away when they return, and because of their age profile players won’t be vaccinated until the summer. 

52 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Worse than that, apparently they are using the Haller money to pay for the original Haller purchase 😂

Are they actually in dire need or is it just the owners siphoning so much out to support their own businesses? 

With how little the pay in stadium rent you'd expect them to be struggling less than soe other clubs.

Talking of player values.

https://www.totallymoney.com/content/transfer-index/data/#filters?5=Premier League/options?order=9|desc

Top 10 in the Premier League based on today’s value.

1. Ferdinand to Man U - £158m

2. Torres to Chelsea - £153m

3. Shearer to Newcastle - £138m

4. Shevchencko to Chelsea - £136m

5. Easier to Chelsea - £132m

6. Pogba to Man U - £129m

7. Drogba to Chelsea - £124m

8. Cole to Man U - £122m

9. Di Maria to Man U - £121m

10. Rooney to Man U - £119m

Our biggest transfers in today’s money.

1. Tielemans - £40.5m

2. Slimani - £37.7m

3. Perez . £30m

4. Maddison - £25.5m

5. Ihenacho - £25.2m

6. Muss - £24.0m

7. Draper - £24.0m

8. Ricardo - £22.4m

9. Silva - £22.2m

10. N’didi - £21.7m

Some other interesting ones into us -

Robins - £16m

Elliott - £15.7m

Izzet - £7.8m

Out of us - 

Heskey - £51.1m

Kante - £44.4m

Draper - £41.7m

Rowatt - £18.1m

Piper - £18.1m

Tommy Wright - £11.5m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

However personally I can’t see the point of suspending the league for a few weeks as some are suggesting.

What would be the point? It’s not as if the virus will have gone away when they return, and because of their age profile players won’t be vaccinated until the summer. 

Won't the clubs be able to get players vaccinated by paying the private sector?

Just now, SkidsFox said:

Won't the clubs be able to get players vaccinated by paying the private sector?

The vaccines aren't available privately although I'm sure there's some loophole with respect to the urgency criteria.

In terms of West Ham player sales in today’s money. 

1. Tevez - £60.2m

2. Ferdinand - £59.7m

3. Mashcheano - £52.6m

4. Harrison - £44.2m

5. Defoe - £39.6m

6. Cole - £37.4m

7. Bellamy - £36.2m 

8. Payet - £36.2m 

9. Lampard - £32.5m

10. Dicks - £31.4m

• Like 2
1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Loads of PL teams get bank loans. They're guaranteed against future TV money and is a simple way of getting that money up front for transfers, etc. 

Very true. Very odd to publish it though.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Loads of PL teams get bank loans. They're guaranteed against future TV money and is a simple way of getting that money up front for transfers, etc. 

If they just binned Gunnersaurus again, that would take the attention away from this.

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Sly said:

In terms of West Ham player sales in today’s money. 

1. Tevez - £60.2m

2. Ferdinand - £59.7m

3. Mashcheano - £52.6m

4. Harrison - £44.2m

5. Defoe - £39.6m

6. Cole - £37.4m

7. Bellamy - £36.2m 

8. Payet - £36.2m 

9. Lampard - £32.5m

10. Dicks - £31.4m

Come on now. We all know West Ham didn’t get to keep a penny of that Tevez, Mascherano scam! 

Edited by AjcW
31 minutes ago, Sly said:

Talking of player values.

https://www.totallymoney.com/content/transfer-index/data/#filters?5=Premier League/options?order=9|desc

Top 10 in the Premier League based on today’s value.

1. Ferdinand to Man U - £158m

2. Torres to Chelsea - £153m

3. Shearer to Newcastle - £138m

4. Shevchencko to Chelsea - £136m

5. Easier to Chelsea - £132m

6. Pogba to Man U - £129m

7. Drogba to Chelsea - £124m

8. Cole to Man U - £122m

9. Di Maria to Man U - £121m

10. Rooney to Man U - £119m

Our biggest transfers in today’s money.

1. Tielemans - £40.5m

2. Slimani - £37.7m

3. Perez . £30m

4. Maddison - £25.5m

5. Ihenacho - £25.2m

6. Muss - £24.0m

7. Draper - £24.0m

8. Ricardo - £22.4m

9. Silva - £22.2m

10. N’didi - £21.7m

Some other interesting ones into us -

Robins - £16m

Elliott - £15.7m

Izzet - £7.8m

Out of us - 

Heskey - £51.1m

Kante - £44.4m

Draper - £41.7m

Rowatt - £18.1m

Piper - £18.1m

Tommy Wright - £11.5m

Thanks. Interesting.

Transfer fees are stupid now but inflation happens in everything. I always laugh when people knock back current managers as if money has never been spent. Fergie splashing £20m a season in the early 00's (I see Ferdinand number one in current value but even in early 00's he was a lot compared to other players).

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

Exactly. Covid is here to stay and will continue to disrupt. What happens to these games if a 2 week break was announced. It'd be 3/4 games a week by April. With the EUROs there is no extendable season.

All that would happen is teams break for 2 weeks and then cancellations keep happening anyway. Just gotta do what they can. Players need to follow the rules more religiously like the public (in principle).

Vaccines were mentioned somewhere else. These are not for professional footballers, they are for vulnerable people.

It really is becoming about squad management this season and we look like we currently have one of the strongest in the league with Ricardo being the only one out. If we can manage injuries and get lucky with avoiding covid then I can see us really pushing for the title. The rearranged games will be tightly packed so it'll be hard for others to sustain their form. 

• Like 1

I feel like Spurs are overvalued in terms of winning the league. I get that they have a proven winner in Mourinho but atm they're not better than us. Neither of us will sin the league IMO but not sure how they're 15/1 and we're 40/1. We should at the very least be neck and neck.

Screenshot_20210108-012522_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0a2f40a00583db2805b912b83aa48fa9.jpg

16 minutes ago, Koke said:

I feel like Spurs are overvalued in terms of winning the league. I get that they have a proven winner in Mourinho but atm they're not better than us. Neither of us will sin the league IMO but not sure how they're 15/1 and we're 40/1. We should at the very least be neck and neck.

Screenshot_20210108-012522_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0a2f40a00583db2805b912b83aa48fa9.jpg

You’re right about Spurs, people talk about us with Vardy and Man Utd with Fernandes being overly reliant on one player for goals and what happens if they get injured.

Kane has been involved in (either scored or assisted) 72% of Spurs goals this season.

Vardy 51%
Fernandes 54%

If Kane gets injured or suspended, or someone does the job Tielemans did on him when we played them, they don’t score.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Exactly. Covid is here to stay and will continue to disrupt. What happens to these games if a 2 week break was announced. It'd be 3/4 games a week by April. With the EUROs there is no extendable season.

All that would happen is teams break for 2 weeks and then cancellations keep happening anyway. Just gotta do what they can. Players need to follow the rules more religiously like the public (in principle).

Vaccines were mentioned somewhere else. These are not for professional footballers, they are for vulnerable people.

Firstly I think they should bin off the Euro's. Rugby is tying itself in nots trying to decide what to do about the South African tour in the summer but the Euros is acceptable?!?!? Football needs to sort its prioritize out. I don't know whether they're planning to play it behind closed doors but wasn't it going to be hosted all over the place? People flying all over Europe even when the vaccines haven't been fully rolled out. These leagues forcing themselves to stack games on top of each other, endangering player safety, restricting postponements, having teams playing their youth squad... just cancel the thing! We can then push this season into the summer and enable a short break if it becomes necessary. And I think we will need that short break. With the new strain, the government allowing it to run completely out of control with huge infection rates, it's bound to effect teams.  

I say all that but they wont. Not because it's the best thing to do but because of the only thing football's authority ever cares about, MONEY. 

7 hours ago, Koke said:

I'm shocked at Southampton's odds. I might drop a couple of quid on them. They're only 4 points off the top and beat Liverpool in their last game. Why are their odds worse than Chelsea? Not by a little, but a LOT. Chelsea are three points behind them in the league with an unproven ex-Derby manager.

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

You’re right about Spurs, people talk about us with Vardy and Man Utd with Fernandes being overly reliant on one player for goals and what happens if they get injured.

Kane has been involved in (either scored or assisted) 72% of Spurs goals this season.

Vardy 51%
Fernandes 54%

If Kane gets injured or suspended, or someone does the job Tielemans did on him when we played them, they don’t score.

these odds reflect the optimism of spurs fans and their willingness to waste their money.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, shailen said:

It really is becoming about squad management this season and we look like we currently have one of the strongest in the league with Ricardo being the only one out. If we can manage injuries and get lucky with avoiding covid then I can see us really pushing for the title. The rearranged games will be tightly packed so it'll be hard for others to sustain their form. 

Rearranged games will no doubt affect us whether we're Covid free or not.