urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Fernandes should have been off when they played Everton too. Was watching closely as I had him in my FPL team, and when on a booking he could have had about 5 more, was diving, constantly dissenting, pushing Everton defenders about and starting arguments, hacking people down. Was convinced he could have gone several times, but the ref had no interest in punishing him.

EDIT - just been booked. Be interesting to see what he gets up to for the rest of this one now.

Edited by orangecity23
3 minutes ago, Goober said:

Ait Nouri looks quality. Didn't realise he was only 19

Having a decent game tonight. Semedo is letting Digne cross it every time he's up against him though. 

We're playing some weird formation tonight. Kind of a 4-3-3 but with Silva and Neto going wide and Gibbs-White and Dendoncker pushing through the middle. I can't make head nor tail of it but at least we are attacking plenty. 

Edited by The Bear
2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Winning the ball is irrelevant nowadays. If you go through with enough force and connect with someones shin/ankle it's a deserved red card as it is reckless and out of control. 

Correct, whether you agree or not that's the way they look at it at present, cannot see it changing either.

10 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Does Neville not understand that the Brady challenge is incidental as the shaw tackle was done before the lead up to it? My god talk about being thick. 

Whilst that is the way it should be, there are precedents where it wouldn't apply and perhaps shouldn't even have been a yellow. Much as I hate Manure, I'd be fuming if I was a supporter. Inconsistent refereeing ruining the game imo

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Sky have so much of a Man Utd wank-fest tonight they haven't even bothered giving our game pundits. The two commentators had to talk over the first half highlights! 

Magical isn't it. Amazon coverage gave so many a breath of fresh air on comms and punditry. 

• Like 4