urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Let's not laugh at Werner too much. It's tempting fate that he'll score against us on Tuesday. I remember when Morata hadn't scored in months for them a few seasons back and then rocked up at the KP to score the opener in the FA Cup quarter final. Plus didn't Torres do the same after a very long drought a few seasons earlier, admittedly when we were a Championship team.

Living in another country as well, and struggling for form, in a time of isolation for almost everyone (even if they can train, they can't be out and about in shops/bars etc) ... wouldn't surprise me if its very tough on Werner mentally.

Forget club allegiances for a moment, I hope he's holding up okay.

Spare me the 'ok, sunflake' stuff. Yes, he's wealthy and 99.99 % he's probably absolutely fine, but I'm just saying I feel for him.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Absolutely ridiculous. He scored 34 in 45 games last season. You don't just lose that. 

I thought he was overated last season, at least technically from the Champions League games I saw.

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

And if Spurs win tomorrow the "title decider" becomes 1st vs 4th 

I think Man City will be in the top two eventually but Sky are desperate for a Liverpool- Man United only title race.

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Living in another country as well, and struggling for form, in a time of isolation for almost everyone (even if they can train, they can't be out and about in shops/bars etc) ... wouldn't surprise me if its very tough on Werner mentally.

Spare me the 'ok, sunflake' stuff. Yes, he's wealthy and 99.99 % he's probably absolutely fine, but I'm just saying I feel for him.

He’s been criticised in the past for his personality. Not particularly fair but why some clubs didn’t fancy him 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s been criticised in the past for his personality. Not particularly fair but why some clubs didn’t fancy him 

I couldn't comment on that - he's a good footballer though and if Chelsea have anything about them; they'll manage him through it and reap the rewards.

I'd take him in a heartbeat (providing that he's not a bad apple as has been hinted)

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Agreed with this

I do wonder if wolves players are suffering this being so far away from family in portugal etc

5 minutes ago, twister said:

Agreed with this

I do wonder if wolves players are suffering this being so far away from family in portugal etc

Nuno certainly is. He has his son living with him but he's about to go off to university. He hasn't seen the rest of his family in months. 

What's this don't celebrate too close together thing really all about?

Players run around shoulder to shoulder, grappling on corners and roll around in eachothers spit on the pitch. Train & travel together in air conditioned buses ect. Share baths, showers. More spit all over the ball.

• Like 2