urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I know it all comes around, but it's gutting that Burnley get to play Liverpool when they are stuttering like this but when we played them they were unplayable world beaters.

The Burnley fans must think McNeil is the messiah, based on watching the other 9 outfield players ‘play’ and I use that word with a hint of sarcasm as he is the only one with an iota of forward movement and skill. 

Just now, casablancas said:

We can ... but he won’t last forever ... unless you know summat we all don’t lol  

34 is no age for a goalkeeper. He doesn't need replacing, and to find someone of the same or better quality will cost a lot of money. Money that could be better spent on other areas of the squad.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

I've missed most of this match.

Does Burnley look like they could score?

We were hopeful Dyche might score a knockout at the end of the first half.  

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

34 is no age for a goalkeeper. He doesn't need replacing, and to find someone of the same or better quality will cost a lot of money. Money that could be better spent on other areas of the squad.

I’m no scout, just an armchair fan watching a boring match with the only highlights coming in the form of saves from Pope. But I’m sure as the same with Vardy the club will be planning long term replacements. This armchair fan suggests that we could do a lot worse than Pope. I never mentioned kasper or the need to replace him yet. Chill Winston. 

• Like 1