urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Mat Ryan to Arsenal seems an odd one for me, must have fallen out of favour with Potter. Can't say I pay too much attention to Brighton to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Mat Ryan to Arsenal seems an odd one for me, must have fallen out of favour with Potter. Can't say I pay too much attention to Brighton to be honest.

I had a look on their forums a couple of months ago and they really don't rate him at all. I thought he'd be popular and dropping him controversial but it seemed most if not all wanted him gone a while ago. 

40 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I had a look on their forums a couple of months ago and they really don't rate him at all. I thought he'd be popular and dropping him controversial but it seemed most if not all wanted him gone a while ago. 

Screenshot_20210122-173825.png

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I know dortmund fans did. Everyone supported dortmund. I was in gutersloh, sort of a town in the county distance from the city 20 min drive or so I think?  You'd have the odd Munich/shalke fan but generally they were all dortmund. I just found klopp unbearable whilst I lived there. I do find him highly arrogant and he puts on an extremely thin facade (imo). He also falls into the 'play the way that let's us beat you or its not football' category. I just don't like how the man carries himself. You get a good shot at the real klopp when things aren't going perfect. 

For what its worth, I also couldn't care less if sky include us in a big 6 or 7 or in a title race. Them talking has no bearing over how we set up for games or how we play. If I'm honest. I much prefer the ignorance. Just as you are allowed your opinion on klopp I'm allowed mine. If it's embarrassing for me to dislike a manager or player for people then I'd say its more a problem with them than myself. 

Thin facade - 100%. That fvcker smiles too much for my liking and always seems on the edge of rage. A bit like my ex. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Considering the issues some teams have in net we have 3 very competent keepers available. Is there a team with a better 3rd pick than Jakupovic? 

Peter Cech?

Edited by whoareyaaa

KDB's injury hurts Man City, but they have depth.

Vardy's injury hurts Leicester, but we also have options (not like MC does, but still).

I still don't believe in Man Utd or OGS, but their results have been impressive.  Like some have said, any loss of Bruno would hurt them.

I do not know what to make of Liverpool.  Yes they have injuries, but most of their attack force has been available.  They can't seem to score for some reason, and I am not savvy enough to hazard a guess why.

Tottenham, Everton, West Ham, Chelsea, and yes even Arsenal are still lurking.

This is a fun season!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, twister said:

**** klopp and as for his methods I find it facinating the minute those lot cant press a team to death how average they look

They do look average atm, they seem to be snatching at every chance but that's natural when you ain't scoring, but it won't stay that way. Form is temporary. Players they've got don't just turn to shit.

Manchester City have turned it on recently but earlier in the season they looked ordinary too.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They do look average atm, they seem to be snatching at every chance but that's natural when you ain't scoring, but it won't stay that way. Form is temporary. Players they've got don't just turn to shit.

Manchester City have turned it on recently but earlier in the season they looked ordinary too.

No doubt their slump will end the game before we play them and they'll be back to their absolute best. 

• Sad 1
57 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Vardy's injury hurts Leicester, but we also have options (not like MC does, but still).

I still don't believe in Man Utd or OGS, but their results have been impressive.  Like some have said, any loss of Bruno would hurt them.

I do not know what to make of Liverpool.  Yes they have injuries, but most of their attack force has been available.  They can't seem to score for some reason, and I am not savvy enough to hazard a guess why.

Tottenham, Everton, West Ham, Chelsea, and yes even Arsenal are still lurking.

This is a fun season!

I dont think you can rule out Villa either.  It really could swing a number of ways and im sure the narrative will change. 

I think Man City have to be the huge favourites from here on in. Hopefully they will unexpectedly drop points here and there and keep things interesting. 

Chelsea was perhaps the first time that my head started to dream and I appreciate the optimism of many on here at the moment. But without Vardy for 6 games unfortunately I just don't think we will get the 5/6 wins that we would probably need. Hopefully lady luck will be on our side and we get through it. But until we reach that point I will probably be looking down rather than up 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lnkstern said:

They do have depth, but they have no-one close to KDB’s quality, it will hit them quite hard - is it as much as Vardy will hit us?

Guess we will see!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Considering the issues some teams have in net we have 3 very competent keepers available. Is there a team with a better 3rd pick than Jakupovic? 

I think Romero is still technically uniteds number 3 and he was considered the best number two in world football lol 

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Does Matt Ryan to Arsenal on loan really not make much sense? That Icelandic lad they've bought looks like he doesn't know what a football is and Ryan is gonna be number 2 behind Leno, it's not a transfer that defies logic.

Until I saw he had been demoted so far it didn't make any sense to me. Moving to be number 2 behind a much better keeper than the one he is currently behind seemed really odd.

Now I know he's going from number 4 to number 2 then it makes sense.

When do you think crowds, even just a few thousand, will be able to return to stadiums?

Especially with cup finals etc in a few months' time.

If everyone gets their vaccine doses, will that possibly mean it'd be safe to return to normal on this front?

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

When do you think crowds, even just a few thousand, will be able to return to stadiums?

Especially with cup finals etc in a few months' time.

If everyone gets their vaccine doses, will that possibly mean it'd be safe to return to normal on this front?

I'm not expecting it to be this season now. I'm going for a refund on my Euro's tickets. 

No certainty at present the vaccine means you can't transmit the virus so normal is many months away. 

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Winning 4-0..instead of 2-0...:)

actually I agree, if he gets his Scoring Pants on again, the opposition Defence wont know where to look...but more  importantly, it will put us in a title competing position...

Another thought...I am a Albrighton fan, always One of the First to Jump in and defend him, or Smile & Let him Show his skills,

with my "told ya so" grin.

I would Love to see Under come in & give us that extra Mystery %, that Tips the scales from us being Top 3-5 candidates,to really attacking those Top 1-2 positions..

Still doesn't mean the Team with Marc.Albrighton the Legend are Not capable of picking up bis 2nd title...

Even Another thought...with Riccardo fit...might We see occasionally either Ric or Justin,  slipping into that WB roll, to give Albrighton the odd Short break,

If we go further in other competitions...

Many fans, criticise other posters, for suggesting moving/using other players out of position...

My answer to that...I Dont know what football many of These Critics have been watching, but in the last 50-60yrs, around UK & Europe,we've seen many a Player

make their names,moving away from original position successful or used across & through lines, its quite a normal Practice has seen in past & modern football...

Jesus..we wouldnt have seen Sweeper...DM,AM, WBs. .false 9, 8 or 10s..back 3,4 varying 5 created,then  forgotten ,then reinstated over the years...

Your posts are all good when you really concentrate but for the love of God get a phone that doesn't randomly capitalise words and insert paragraphs and spaces in odd places. This makes it very difficult to follow what you are saying for simpletons like me and dare I say makes you look like a clown so posts aren't given the attention they should be.

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Tuna said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYfOsIa1iAQ This Side Volley Highlights video is insane. Always have a lot of time for Mat Ryan. Had dreams of him playing for Rodgers given his ability to distribute. He'll do really well for Arsenal unfortunately. May actually get to use all of his talents maybe.

21 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Trent Alexander Arnold looks a shell of the player he was.

Opponents are getting at Liverpool down his side.

I don't know whether it is exhaustion or burn out, or maybe a consequence of playing without Van Dijk in the back line.

I guess it is far more likely to be a number of factors, a bit like us last season.