urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, Corky said:

https://www.football365.com/news/paul-merson-chelsea-hire-harry-redknapp-help-frank-lampard

Predictable comment of the week. Solskjaer can ring Sir Alex Ferguson so why doesn't Lampard call his uncle?

Don’t get me wrong, I like old Harry for what he is, but getting him in alongside Frank at Chelsea, well that would be like electing a senile old fart to run the USA..............oh, yeah. 

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rafa has just quit the chinese side he's managing... Lampard struggling.... Rafa return to Chelsea?

No way, he was hated at Chelsea last time he was there. There supporters wouldn’t cope with him returning. 

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

No way, he was hated at Chelsea last time he was there. There supporters wouldn’t cope with him returning. 

I remember he wasn't well recieved though to be fair he did a good job for them in a short time he took them from 8th at Christmas to 3rd in in May, plus he won both Europa League and the Fa Cup.... yet the Chelsea fans don't rate him. However Roman may need a quick fix there and Rafa has proved he can turn round a season before.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

I remember he wasn't well recieved though to be fair he did a good job for them in a short time he took them from 8th at Christmas to 3rd in in May, plus he won both Europa League and the Fa Cup.... yet the Chelsea fans don't rate him.

I think it was more to do with the fact he had come from Liverpool and had a few big spats with Jose, rather than they didn’t rate him. But they had banners at almost every game, even when they were doing well, not sure they’d want him or he’d want to go there.
If he’s available I can definitely see a premier league team taking a punt on him soon.

31 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rafa has just quit the chinese side he's managing... Lampard struggling.... Rafa return to Chelsea?

Hope not. Rafa is decent and Frank's doing a great job currently :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think it was more to do with the fact he had come from Liverpool and had a few big spats with Jose, rather than they didn’t rate him. But they had banners at almost every game, even when they were doing well, not sure they’d want him or he’d want to go there.
If he’s available I can definitely see a premier league team taking a punt on him soon.

If Arsenal slump again, he may be a stop-gap choice. Could do a lot worse.

Just now, StanSP said:

Not while Ashley is there.

We shall see.

Ashley well want to protect his investment, at the moment they are in free fall.

He would have to beg, but I get the feeling Rafa is the sort of man who would enjoy that. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't think it matters what the Chelsea fans think. Rafa would be a smart stop gap for them or the usual Gus Hiddink but I'd prefer they persevere with lampard until he cements a bottom half finish for them.

Nor do I, there ain’t none there and probably won’t be until next season, in which time Rafa could turn them round and start building something. By the time the fans return he’ll either be hero or zero, but either way, it won’t matter.

Edited by yorkie1999
1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

We shall see.

Ashley well want to protect his investment, at the moment they are in free fall.

He would have to beg, but I get the feeling Rafa is the sort of man who would enjoy that. 

"Beg for me, little retail man" 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I hear Arsenal want Nuno or Bielsa. Can’t see Rafa at either Wolves or Leeds. 

Frank has a couple of games max before he gets the bullet. 

I bet a cup of tea, with ginger-nuts....That Frank lasts the season...

Surprised I haven't heard a lot of chatter from pundits that seemingly love stirring it up suggesting Chelsea should hire BR. Last season while we were doing well he was linked with Arsenal and I think ManU. 

Rafa I'm sure is looking for an English club but there's no chance he'd take NUFC. He knows Ashley can't be trusted to provide proper funds so it's a no win situation. Besides Bruce is a good yes man, he never diverts blame at Ashley even though everybody knows where the club's problems lie. Surprised @The Bearwouldn't think Rafa would go to Wolves, or that  Wolves would want him. Is there anything behind that? Seems like a good fit. Not that I think they need to change managers yet.