urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

44 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I bet a cup of tea, with ginger-nuts....That Frank lasts the season...

I think they would be silly to get rid of him. They must have bought him in with the idea that he was new to management and is going to get better. If they bought him in to be anything but a long term project then they are a big silly goose. 

"Bonus" game this evening then lol 

Second game in a row Bruce has been able to play "The way he's wanted to"... 8 changes on the first occasion and made 4 changes tonight... so not entirely sure what the **** that means :blink:

ASM on the bench might be the saviour in this one but can only see a comfortable home win personally, especially given Villa looked great against Man City until that weird goal.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I had no idea Karl Darlow was 30, I reckoned he was around 25!

Been at Newcastle 7 years, so makes sense he'd be at least late 20s.

2 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Surprised I haven't heard a lot of chatter from pundits that seemingly love stirring it up suggesting Chelsea should hire BR. Last season while we were doing well he was linked with Arsenal and I think ManU. 

Rafa I'm sure is looking for an English club but there's no chance he'd take NUFC. He knows Ashley can't be trusted to provide proper funds so it's a no win situation. Besides Bruce is a good yes man, he never diverts blame at Ashley even though everybody knows where the club's problems lie. Surprised @The Bearwouldn't think Rafa would go to Wolves, or that  Wolves would want him. Is there anything behind that? Seems like a good fit. Not that I think they need to change managers yet. 

Not surprising really. Lampard will be well liked amongst the pundits I imagine. Ex-teammates etc. 

Wouldn’t imagine they’re going to be openly suggesting he’s sacked and start naming replacements before it’s even happened.

2 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Surprised I haven't heard a lot of chatter from pundits that seemingly love stirring it up suggesting Chelsea should hire BR. Last season while we were doing well he was linked with Arsenal and I think ManU. 

Rafa I'm sure is looking for an English club but there's no chance he'd take NUFC. He knows Ashley can't be trusted to provide proper funds so it's a no win situation. Besides Bruce is a good yes man, he never diverts blame at Ashley even though everybody knows where the club's problems lie. Surprised @The Bearwouldn't think Rafa would go to Wolves, or that  Wolves would want him. Is there anything behind that? Seems like a good fit. Not that I think they need to change managers yet. 

If Ashley wins his court case, and he has a good case, then the Saudi Takeover will go through. In which case Rafa will be hired in a heartbeat. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he's been given the nudge to be available.