urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Kante did exactly that after our title win...

Chelsea are bkgger and more attractive than Spurs. 

Spurs aren't big enough that they can lure our manager away.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Kante did exactly that after our title win...

Yeah, the reason to go is to join a team that are capable of buying the very best players in the world. So still not spurs..

7 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If you shout dive at this, did you shout dive at all the others?

I think I'm pretty damn consistent to be honest.

It's something I'm pretty militant about, even when our lot do it.

I'm aware that sometimes a player can be running at considerable speed and it doesn't take a heavy touch on the ankle to put them off balance, so it's not like a demand a hideously crunching tackle before I'll accept that something's a foul.

But I'm so, so, so tired of seeing any old slight brush of contact used to justify players launching themselves to the ground for a penalty. It's gotten worse since VAR because VAR refuses to make any subjective call on it, so if they see a pixel of one player graze another they'll not over-rule anything. It's utterly hideous, it's a complete epidemic that's been infecting the game for most of my adult life and gets progressively worse.

• Like 4
Just now, Koke said:

Chelsea are bkgger and more attractive than Spurs. 

Spurs aren't big enough that they can lure our .anger away.

I'm not sure. Still quite an attractive side to manage if your not a leicester fan. Probably pay more wages, based in London and can attract better players than us. Who nos. 

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Does anyone think Harry Kane will still be at Tottenham next season or is he there for life. 

Genuinely not sure how much longer his body can likely keep playing football at the rate he does. Big concern over his ankles AND his knees.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think I'm pretty damn consistent to be honest.

It's something I'm pretty militant about, even when our lot do it.

I'm aware that sometimes a player can be running at considerable speed and it doesn't take a heavy touch on the ankle to put them off balance, so it's not like a demand a hideously crunching tackle before I'll accept that something's a foul.

But I'm so, so, so tired of seeing any old slight brush of contact used to justify players launching themselves to the ground for a penalty. It's gotten worse since VAR because VAR refuses to make any subjective call on it, so if they see a pixel of one player graze another they'll not over-rule anything. It's utterly hideous, it's a complete epidemic that's been infecting the game for most of my adult life and gets progressively worse.

Well said. Unfortunately there is no resistance to this ‘epidemic’ as you call it - either from the    refereeing fraternity or from pundits in the media.

It has sadly become widely accepted - encouraged even - that any contact, however minimal, justifies a player ‘going to ground’.

It’s basically institutionalised con artistry, and I hate it as much as you obviously do.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Genuinely not sure how much longer his body can likely keep playing football at the rate he does. Big concern over his ankles AND his knees.

One of them gives in almost on a 6 monthly basis 

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Dare I say we saw the best of Kante whilst he was with us, maybe his first season at Chelsea was on par but since then he’s been on a downward spiral.

He's past his best now but he was very good from the time he joined us up until the World Cup.

He's still the most successful of the post-title high profile transfers out by a long way.

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Does anyone think Harry Kane will still be at Tottenham next season or is he there for life. 

If he has any ambition he surely has to leave. But somehow I think he'll stay. He'd rather be a big fish in a small and rather stagnant pond.

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

He’s there for life unless he runs down this contract to nothing as don’t see any other club buying him due to Dan Levy transfer fee demands