urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

Mount as MOTM?!

Just now, Vacamion said:

Mason Mount in inevitable MOTM shocker lol

He's played well but hardly done anything of note?   

Whoscored has him at 6.8. 

Alonso has been much better for them

2 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Odd.  They did OK (IIRC) last year when Kane was out.  Is it just Mourinho, or are other changes responsible for this decline?

Definitely a lot of the Mourinho effect coming in to play..

• Like 1

Mason Mount had a good game, can't think of many who played better than him tonight.

I know he is seen as a teacher's pet but people go too far the other way with him because of that. He's a decent player.

I've not watched much of Chelsea this year, but Werner's lack of technique surprised me, he never looks in control of what he's doing.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't even think we're overarching anymore. We're just better than most teams in the league

yeah key word in that sentence is team, yes we do have quality individuals, but how they sync together, makes us a better team than Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea, currently, things can change quickly tho, an we do lack depth in midfield and attack, when injuries occur, that's the next step in the process, when we lose, I don't get to dishearted, as the bigger picture is very very bright.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Odd.  They did OK (IIRC) last year when Kane was out.  Is it just Mourinho, or are other changes responsible for this decline?

Son actually thrived during that period if I remember rightly. He was banging them in. It has to be how Jose sets them up and trains them. Lloris rolled the ball out quickly, it got picked up on the half way line and there was the ability to run the line and attack but players just pointed for him to pass back. It's just weird. They're a shadow of the team that went to the CL final and Poch' has moved on so any hope he might come back has gone lol.

They have WBA next I think. Are those teams just going to leave the ball on the center spot and park the bus? I'd love Fat Sam to do a job on Jose. 

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's played well but hardly done anything of note?   

Whoscored has him at 6.8. 

Alonso has been much better for them

American coverage gave MOTM to Jorginho 

3 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

This has gotta be the most boring season for the BIG six games, teams are more interesting in not losing then winning, bar Liverpool they try and go for the win and then loose 🤣

I just don’t think the Big Six are what Sky etc are so desperate to make them out to be.

No doubt there will be all the usual massive hype in the build up for Liverpool v Man City on Sunday though...

Obviously works with him in training so his opinion is infinitely more well informed than mine, but is he not cutting his nose off to spite his face with Dele Alli at this point? I'm not a massive fan but he's about the only player in that squad that has come close to Son and Kane for numbers over the past few seasons (I know the game isn't all numbers, but still).

Moura / Bergwijn / Lamela need to be the players easing the creative burden when one of the key pair are out but it just doesn't seem to happen. A lot of fat needs trimming in that squad, which isn't a particularly big one as it is. 

Mourinho has built a team where the attacking threat relies pretty much solely on Kane and Son being fit and firing.

They've been separated by injury and he was retreating further and further in matches anyway. Sat back at 1-0 against Crystal Palace and Wolves. Barely threatened our goal. Brighton cruised. Fulham got a deserved point.

They aren't out of the top four race but the players look fed up, are making basic errors and losing points.

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

Mourinho has built a team where the attacking threat relies pretty much solely on Kane and Son being fit and firing.

They've been separated by injury and he was retreating further and further in matches anyway. Sat back at 1-0 against Crystal Palace and Wolves. Barely threatened our goal. Brighton cruised. Fulham got a deserved point.

They aren't out of the top four race but the players look fed up, are making basic errors and losing points.

Then they spent £300K a week on Bale, who is basically permanently on the golf course and £3 mill (loan) on a striker who hasn't shown his worth yet.

Edited by UniFox21
3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Then they spent £300K a week on Bale, who is basically permanently on the golf course and £30mill (?) on a striker who hasn't shown his worth yet.

Pretty sure he's on loan....