urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Dunno, why don't you check?:)

Just did. They're all w@nking over Graeme Jones. 

Oh and they're not as sad as some on here who obsess over Chilwell lol 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just did. They're all w@nking over Graeme Jones. 

Oh and they're not as sad as some on here who obsess over Chilwell lol 

Talking of wanking over Graeme Jones until this evening I never knew that Heather Graham’s middle name is Joan 

Here’s a pic of Heather Joan Graham for those that aren’t familiar with her work 

897302A0-69E4-4057-AD8F-320677E8189C.jpeg.e0057e4a8bd596cb02c16d94fdc77dae.jpeg

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Looks like Man city's extended Xmas break did great for theirs players, only team that don't seem mentally fatigue

Wonder how it'll affect them later in the season though. CL, League Cup final, FA Cup all to contend with and cram in before mid-May...

• Like 3

Just looked at next week's fixtures. Whilst we have Liverpool, Man U play West Brom, Chelsea have Newcastle, Villa go to Brighton and Everton are at home to Fulham. Definitely a risk that the chasing pack could really close in on us next weekend. Gonna be another big one for us.

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Talking of wanking over Graeme Jones until this evening I never knew that Heather Graham’s middle name is Joan 

Here’s a pic of Heather Joan Graham for those that aren’t familiar with her work 

897302A0-69E4-4057-AD8F-320677E8189C.jpeg.e0057e4a8bd596cb02c16d94fdc77dae.jpeg

In the same vein, Did you know it was Joan D'Arc who said "Lawks a Lordy my bottoms on fire!"?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Just looked at next week's fixtures. Whilst we have Liverpool, Man U play West Brom, Chelsea have Newcastle, Villa go to Brighton and Everton are at home to Fulham. Definitely a risk that the chasing pack could really close in on us next weekend. Gonna be another big one for us.

I've got a horrible sense of deja vu on last season. 

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Chelsea looking good, much better than they were under Lampard, although Sheff United look poor.

I don't think there was much in it, a lot of mucking about with the ball by Chelsea, Sheff Utd could have easily equalised. 

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Unfortunately for us, Liverpool does not have the 'distraction' of a midweek FA Cup tie.

They will have a full week of rest and repair, concentration and training for us - but I still BELIEVE!

COYB :scarf: 

Can't wait to see Klopp somehow turn that into an excuse when we beat them

"It's not fair, Leicester were given a chance to retain their match fitness midweek, we didn't. The rules need changing."

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, StanSP said:

The season after. 3-1 win. Drinkwater, Vardy x2.

Ah yes, after Ranieri got the sack. We got a draw at Anfield two seasons ago but other than that it seems ages ago. I mean 4 years since a win is a while. Let's change that!

Dangerous game next weekend, could ultimately topple our top four ambitions. With Chelsea starting to look good I think it’s looking far more unlikely we will be able to hold on to a top four place. 

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Why all the doom and gloom about where we're going end up. No-one knows for sure so instead of all the doom-mongering just let's wait and see and enjoy.

Happens everytime a team behind us shows a bit of form and we don’t win 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Top 4 is realistic for us but only once weve addressed the lack of creativity and a quality alternative to Vardy. We simply havent the legs to last the distance and last season highlighted just that. I fear this place will be in meltdown should we start sinking but we need to be realistic. I did think wed be be better prepared at this stage in those areas.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Top 4 is realistic for us but only once weve addressed the lack of creativity and a quality alternative to Vardy. We simply havent the legs to last the distance and last season highlighted just that. I fear this place will be in meltdown should we start sinking but we need to be realistic. I did think wed be be better prepared at this stage in those areas.

Top 6 or even 7th is still a great season. You're right we don't have the depth. Next summer a very important one- we have to strengthen the depth of the squad.

• Like 2