urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Always be grateful to them for the 1-1 draw at the Spuds in 2015/16 - Craig Dawson is a legend

Yes I remember that. You could yell that pochettino knew it was all over after that

On Bertrand penalty, if the ref didn't give it then I'm certain wouldn't have been given by VAR. Did the ref take another look? 

I think it's harsh, the rule needs changing to remove any doubt. You shouldn't be getting a free shot at goal for situations like that. Indirect free kick given for every handball, then if it is deemed an obvious handball, VAR can decide if it warrants a penalty, 

15 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

His arm was in the exact same place lol

Screenshot_20210214-140203_YouTube.jpg

Yeah I misremembered that one. But Kilman's is in a natural position as he's running back. Bertrand is standing still with his arm sticking out. 

Having seen the Dendoncker one again you can argue we got away with it. It hit his arm just above the elbow but you can make a 50/50 argument it's a natural position as he's stooping for a header. Seen them given. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Yeah I misremembered that one. But Kilman's is in a natural position as he's running back. Bertrand is standing still with his arm sticking out. 

Having seen the Dendoncker one again you can argue we got away with it. It hit his arm just above the elbow but you can make a 50/50 argument it's a natural position as he's stooping for a header. Seen them given. 

Honestly don't think either should have been given. Both players arms go out as the turn their body and the header one is a gray area but he hasn't done anything to handball it bar miss a header. I'd need to watch it back because I wasn't paying attention at the time and only caught the end of a replay,  but did it definitely not hit dendonkers sleeve?  Obviously I'm not gonna say much on it until I see it again. 

2 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Come on you Baggies!

They’ve got to negotiate the late penalty - at least one and the usual Man Utd last 20min charge. Don’t hold out too much hope. 

now.......come on you baggies. 

• Haha 1