Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I suppose some will say there is no excuse of physical violence but you wouldn't blame Rangers players for reacting as they did.

 

 

The Slavia team & club realised there would be racist complaints, so played cute and made up there own complaint..but we are not allowed to say that..but it's only my opinion,which I  am allowed to have....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that thinks this shit should remain on the pitch? I played sports and guys said all kinds of crap to get you off your game.

 

If there's a display from the fans, then let the powers that be handle it.

 

There's racist people and always will be. Everyone knows that certain parts of Europe are still stuck in the middle ages and what to expect from them and their supporters.

 

Don't let one idiot get to you. Have a better comeback. "I f**ked your mum" is a classic.

 

Also helps if you're winning and remind them of that.

 

My 2 cents. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Am I the only one that thinks this shit should remain on the pitch? I played sports and guys said all kinds of crap to get you off your game.

 

If there's a display from the fans, then let the powers that be handle it.

 

There's racist people and always will be. Everyone knows that certain parts of Europe are still stuck in the middle ages and what to expect from them and their supporters.

 

Don't let one idiot get to you. Have a better comeback. "I f**ked your mum" is a classic.

 

Also helps if you're winning and remind them of that.

 

My 2 cents. 

 

 

There is no room for racism in any walk of life. You may have banter on the pitch, I get that and I respect that. But there will never be room for racism 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Am I the only one that thinks this shit should remain on the pitch? I played sports and guys said all kinds of crap to get you off your game.

 

If there's a display from the fans, then let the powers that be handle it.

 

There's racist people and always will be. Everyone knows that certain parts of Europe are still stuck in the middle ages and what to expect from them and their supporters.

 

Don't let one idiot get to you. Have a better comeback. "I f**ked your mum" is a classic.

 

Also helps if you're winning and remind them of that.

 

My 2 cents. 

 

 

Ofcourse I respect your right to an opinion but it's my opinion that there is no excuse for racism, much less "we were playing football so it's ok". 

 

It's unforgivable in my view to think less of someone because of their ethnicity but the idea of using their race as an insult to get the upper hand in a game of football is kind of worse to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Am I the only one that thinks this shit should remain on the pitch? I played sports and guys said all kinds of crap to get you off your game.

 

If there's a display from the fans, then let the powers that be handle it.

 

There's racist people and always will be. Everyone knows that certain parts of Europe are still stuck in the middle ages and what to expect from them and their supporters.

 

Don't let one idiot get to you. Have a better comeback. "I f**ked your mum" is a classic.

 

Also helps if you're winning and remind them of that.

 

My 2 cents. 

 

 

What on earth am I reading here? Imagine the lack of progress we would have made as a society if people had that attitude.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Am I the only one that thinks this shit should remain on the pitch? I played sports and guys said all kinds of crap to get you off your game.

 

If there's a display from the fans, then let the powers that be handle it.

 

There's racist people and always will be. Everyone knows that certain parts of Europe are still stuck in the middle ages and what to expect from them and their supporters.

 

Don't let one idiot get to you. Have a better comeback. "I f**ked your mum" is a classic.

 

Also helps if you're winning and remind them of that.

 

My 2 cents. 

 

 

 

Not the best, this.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Am I the only one that thinks this shit should remain on the pitch? I played sports and guys said all kinds of crap to get you off your game.

 

If there's a display from the fans, then let the powers that be handle it.

 

There's racist people and always will be. Everyone knows that certain parts of Europe are still stuck in the middle ages and what to expect from them and their supporters.

 

Don't let one idiot get to you. Have a better comeback. "I f**ked your mum" is a classic.

 

Also helps if you're winning and remind them of that.

 

My 2 cents. 

 

 

tenor.gif.122e4b49fd07504f17335b4585edd62b.gif

 

200.gif.db127e315a4ec60d3fd359fc2b6a5e2d.gif

 

 

tenor.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spacemunky said:

So glad that was my most popular post.

 

Had to re-read it to see where I mentioned that being racist is a good thing.

Of course you didn't say that but it did come across as being more "well it's just part of the game, give some back and move on" which I don't think is a particularly helpful or progressive line of thinking when someone's been racially abused in their place of work. What do you actually mean when you say it should "stay on the pitch"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Corky said:

Slavia Prague with a late equaliser.

 

Bunch of twats they may be, they clearly aren't a bad side.

And classic Arsenal .

 

Missed loads of chances before scoring but then let one in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Slavia Prague with a late equaliser.

 

Bunch of twats they may be, they clearly aren't a bad side.

 

They were second best all day, and trailing 1-0 after 85'.  But Arsenal missed a lot of good chances, then bottled it with a minute of stoppage time to go, giving Slavia their equalizer -- and away goal -- off a corner.

 

Arsenal looked bigger, and much faster, but less determined.  Be a good thing to get them out of next year's CL conversation once and for all!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

With their away goal, on their bobbly pitch, screaming and throwing themselves around as we've seen in other matches, Slavia are well in this tie.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was absolutely classic Arsenal earlier. Finally get the late goal to nick it, give away a throw in in the last minute due to overplaying, get forced into conceding a corner, concede from the corner through more poor goalkeeping (add Leno to the ever growing list of bang average Arsenal players their fans overhype) and are now facing a very realistic possibility of being knocked out.

 

We need Arsenal to not win the Europa League, luckily, I think they won't, I think Slavia will finish them off personally, though if they don't, wouldn't it be funny if Emery's Villarreal did.

 

Slavia haven't got a stack of talent in their side but they're seriously well drilled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The commentators made out that Arsenal were totally dominant and missed a hatful of chances but my impression watching was that it was much more even than that and Slavia equally missed some decent chances. The stats seem to back that up as Arsenal managed only 2 shots on target to 4 for Slavia, with total shots being 11 to 10 and possession 54%:46%. 

 

I had to smile when MacManaman on commentary, in a typical piece of delusion that the Big 6 are entitled to beat so called lesser clubs irrespective of how poor their current team is, said: "I know Slavia beat Leicester earlier in the competition but Arsenal should be cutting through a team like this." I didn't follow this logic at all as surely the fact that Slavia had beaten a far superior team to Arsenal previously makes it less likely that they will be rolled over easily by them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The commentators made out that Arsenal were totally dominant and missed a hatful of chances but my impression watching was that it was much more even than that and Slavia equally missed some decent chances. The stats seem to back that up as Arsenal managed only 2 shots on target to 4 for Slavia, with total shots being 11 to 10 and possession 54%:46%. 

 

I had to smile when MacManaman on commentary, in a typical piece of delusion that the Big 6 are entitled to beat so called lesser clubs irrespective of how poor their current team is, said: "I know Slavia beat Leicester earlier in the competition but Arsenal should be cutting through a team like this." I didn't follow this logic at all as surely the fact that Slavia had beaten a far superior team to Arsenal previously makes it less likely that they will be rolled over easily by them?

 

Arsenal hit the frame of the goal twice though, won't go down as a shot on target. Saka and Lacazette missed the two biggest chances of the night, they really should have won.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That was absolutely classic Arsenal earlier. Finally get the late goal to nick it, give away a throw in in the last minute due to overplaying, get forced into conceding a corner, concede from the corner through more poor goalkeeping (add Leno to the ever growing list of bang average Arsenal players their fans overhype) and are now facing a very realistic possibility of being knocked out.

 

We need Arsenal to not win the Europa League, luckily, I think they won't, I think Slavia will finish them off personally, though if they don't, wouldn't it be funny if Emery's Villarreal did.

 

Slavia haven't got a stack of talent in their side but they're seriously well drilled.

 

I don't really rate Leno but he pulled off a brilliant stop to concede the corner. I think the defence was more culpable than him for the equaliser, Pepe helped it on and Cedric completely lost his man.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...