IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

No, wolves get champions league with the current top 4... ourselves, spurs and arsenal in Europa league 

Incorrect. If Wolves win the EL, we'd have 5 teams in the ECL and Spurs would lose out. Shame eh? 

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Incorrect. If Wolves win the EL, we'd have 5 teams in the ECL and Spurs would lose out. Shame eh? 

Actually you're incorrect, this changed when they made the EL winners separate to the league route a couple of seasons ago. The Europa League clubs for England are now set in stone. Wolves winning the CL would mean 8 teams in Europe.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4132510/after-man-city-win-appealwho-qualifies-for-europe-from-premier-league

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Actually you're incorrect, this changed when they made the EL winners separate to the league route a couple of seasons ago. The Europa League clubs for England are now set in stone. Wolves winning the CL would mean 8 teams in Europe.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4132510/after-man-city-win-appealwho-qualifies-for-europe-from-premier-league

Only a maximum of 7 teams allowed in Europe. In this case it would be 5 in CL and 2 in EL. Spurs would miss out. Unless something changed this season.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Only a maximum of 7 teams allowed in Europe. In this case it would be 5 in CL and 2 in EL. Spurs would miss out. Unless something changed this season.

UEFA confirmed it would be 8 if Arsenal won the FA Cup and Wolves won the EL. 5 teams in the Champions League.

Just now, Ricey said:

UEFA confirmed it would be 8 if Arsenal won the FA Cup and Wolves won the EL. 5 teams in the Champions League.

So UEFA are making rules on the spot? I am sure they always had the stance that max 7 teams from one country. The rules are not very straightforward.

There's a big difference between attending the game itself and going over to the country where we're playing. I really want a European tour, but not sure if I want to go just to drink in bars over there.

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Is there Europa League music? ....like the champions League music? 

I feel this is important to know

46 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

So UEFA are making rules on the spot? I am sure they always had the stance that max 7 teams from one country. The rules are not very straightforward.

I tried looking it up and the rules seem to be now (according to Uefa themselves) maximum of 5 teams per country in the Champions League, maximum of 3 teams per country in the Europa League. Both have no impact on the other. In the past it was maximum of 7 but that appears to of changed (no idea where). Confusing but hope this clears it up.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

As I said, the rules changed a couple of seasons ago, in fact I believe at the start of last season when they made the Europa League winners a guaranteed Pot 1 entrant for the following season. The CL and EL winners are now considered separate to the league access route so the maximum of 7 no longer exists.

That also means that theoretically in future England can have 9 European entrants should two teams who finish 8th or lower win both European competitions in the same season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

As I said, the rules changed a couple of seasons ago, in fact I believe at the start of last season when they made the Europa League winners a guaranteed Pot 1 entrant for the following season. The CL and EL winners are now considered separate to the league access route so the maximum of 7 no longer exists.

That also means that theoretically in future England can have 9 European entrants should two teams who finish 8th or lower win both European competitions in the same season.

Apologies, I did not know this.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds like the music that plays when the call centre puts you on hold.

On 30/07/2020 at 01:58, Vardinio'sCat said:

They use ketamine in A+E here, and it is a widely used medical drug worldwide for various reasons. My gf saw an ex-college who had fallen off his bike on the '24 hours in A+E' program, and he got a shot of ketamine. Suffice to say much hilarity ensued in the hospital (despite the fact he had broken bones), and subsequently on social media. :D

Didn't that comedian fella go to Moldova to play tennis and write a book about it? If we get drawn it could be essential reading... here it is, seems like a cool book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Playing-Moldovans-Tennis-Tony-Hawks/dp/0091920353

****in hell i wish we finished 4th

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I just hope Wolves get into Europe as they have totally deserved to by playing great footy over a very, very long, long season.

I very much doubt it now. We may get past Olympiakos but the team are completely knackered apparently. I think the Chelsea game was one game too far tbh. Its been a long season for them. 

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Not gonna lie, this song is good. 

48 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

Is there a list anywhere of teams who have qualified for next seasons competition yet?

I have seen this...

20200802_082124.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, don_danbury said:

harold baldr (his friend) also does some good travelling videos. 

I subscribe to his channel to after watching a few videos on the irradiated zone . He’s just recovering from COVID 19 was the last video I watched 

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Goosebumps!!!

Ah, no. Sunstroke.

As you were.