Jump to content
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

No, wolves get champions league with the current top 4... ourselves, spurs and arsenal in Europa league 

Incorrect. If Wolves win the EL, we'd have 5 teams in the ECL and Spurs would lose out. Shame eh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Incorrect. If Wolves win the EL, we'd have 5 teams in the ECL and Spurs would lose out. Shame eh? 

Actually you're incorrect, this changed when they made the EL winners separate to the league route a couple of seasons ago. The Europa League clubs for England are now set in stone. Wolves winning the CL would mean 8 teams in Europe.

 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4132510/after-man-city-win-appealwho-qualifies-for-europe-from-premier-league

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Actually you're incorrect, this changed when they made the EL winners separate to the league route a couple of seasons ago. The Europa League clubs for England are now set in stone. Wolves winning the CL would mean 8 teams in Europe.

 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4132510/after-man-city-win-appealwho-qualifies-for-europe-from-premier-league

Only a maximum of 7 teams allowed in Europe. In this case it would be 5 in CL and 2 in EL. Spurs would miss out. Unless something changed this season.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Only a maximum of 7 teams allowed in Europe. In this case it would be 5 in CL and 2 in EL. Spurs would miss out. Unless something changed this season.

UEFA confirmed it would be 8 if Arsenal won the FA Cup and Wolves won the EL. 5 teams in the Champions League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ricey said:

UEFA confirmed it would be 8 if Arsenal won the FA Cup and Wolves won the EL. 5 teams in the Champions League.

So UEFA are making rules on the spot? I am sure they always had the stance that max 7 teams from one country. The rules are not very straightforward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a big difference between attending the game itself and going over to the country where we're playing. I really want a European tour, but not sure if I want to go just to drink in bars over there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Is there Europa League music? ....like the champions League music? 

 

I feel this is important to know

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

So UEFA are making rules on the spot? I am sure they always had the stance that max 7 teams from one country. The rules are not very straightforward.

I tried looking it up and the rules seem to be now (according to Uefa themselves) maximum of 5 teams per country in the Champions League, maximum of 3 teams per country in the Europa League. Both have no impact on the other. In the past it was maximum of 7 but that appears to of changed (no idea where). Confusing but hope this clears it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

So UEFA are making rules on the spot? I am sure they always had the stance that max 7 teams from one country. The rules are not very straightforward.

As I said, the rules changed a couple of seasons ago, in fact I believe at the start of last season when they made the Europa League winners a guaranteed Pot 1 entrant for the following season. The CL and EL winners are now considered separate to the league access route so the maximum of 7 no longer exists.

 

That also means that theoretically in future England can have 9 European entrants should two teams who finish 8th or lower win both European competitions in the same season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

As I said, the rules changed a couple of seasons ago, in fact I believe at the start of last season when they made the Europa League winners a guaranteed Pot 1 entrant for the following season. The CL and EL winners are now considered separate to the league access route so the maximum of 7 no longer exists.

 

That also means that theoretically in future England can have 9 European entrants should two teams who finish 8th or lower win both European competitions in the same season.

Apologies, I did not know this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

 

 

 

Sounds like the music that plays when the call centre puts you on hold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2020 at 01:58, Vardinio'sCat said:

 

They use ketamine in A+E here, and it is a widely used medical drug worldwide for various reasons. My gf saw an ex-college who had fallen off his bike on the '24 hours in A+E' program, and he got a shot of ketamine. Suffice to say much hilarity ensued in the hospital (despite the fact he had broken bones), and subsequently on social media. :D

 

Didn't that comedian fella go to Moldova to play tennis and write a book about it? If we get drawn it could be essential reading... here it is, seems like a cool book.

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Playing-Moldovans-Tennis-Tony-Hawks/dp/0091920353

 

 

****in hell i wish we finished 4th

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I just hope Wolves get into Europe as they have totally deserved to by playing great footy over a very, very long, long season.

I very much doubt it now. We may get past Olympiakos but the team are completely knackered apparently. I think the Chelsea game was one game too far tbh. Its been a long season for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

 

 

 

Not gonna lie, this song is good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

Is there a list anywhere of teams who have qualified for next seasons competition yet?

I have seen this...

 

 

20200802_082124.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, don_danbury said:

harold baldr (his friend) also does some good travelling videos. 

I subscribe to his channel to after watching a few videos on the irradiated zone . He’s just recovering from COVID 19 was the last video I watched 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

 

 

Goosebumps!!!

 

Ah, no. Sunstroke.

 

As you were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...