2 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

I'd love a Europa League run out against either of the Old Firm teams, mainly as a bit of an acid test. I have no preference as to Celtic or Rangers - my Dad's side of the family are all stout Aberdeen fans and I catch their games most weeks so I'm obliged to strongly dislike both. 

The main benefits of a win against either would be seeing Sutton try to backtrack from his weak wind-ups and revert to the history comments, and to show Gerrard up for what he is; a manager with resources vastly in excess of everyone else bar Celtic and making really hard work of a half-arsed title challenge. 

Can't disagree with any of that to be honest.

Aberdeen tend to really hate Rangers on a level worse than Celtic at times for some reason lol I don't know the exact reason behind it, not sure if it's been ever since the Simpson/Durrant stuff.

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This is exactly why I don't want us to draw Rangers or Celtic 

I wouldn't want Leicester this season anyway, given the way you have started the season it could be a sore one for us and one of the major factors in us beating teams a lot better than us in Europe is always the atmosphere/crowd at home and obviously that will be gone this season.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Aberdeen tend to really hate Rangers on a level worse than Celtic at times for some reason lol I don't know the exact reason behind it, not sure if it's been ever since the Simpson/Durrant stuff.

I think it did all stem from 'That tackle' and Aberdeen fans mocking him in chants after it. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I think it did all stem from 'That tackle' and Aberdeen fans mocking him in chants after it. 

Yeah thought as much. Seems to have gone nuclear between them since. Aberdeen fans banner about Morelos' mum was perhaps a step too far lol

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, BakerLCFC said:

Nice to see the BBC acknowledging Leicester in the Europa League. Oh wait...

818828CE-3510-488F-8364-2B2E2A461005.jpeg

28EE53A0-FA73-449C-9EC7-FC8DE45CED7A.jpeg

Have the BBC forgotten we're in the Europa League :mad:

Edited: Sorry BakerLCFC I just realised you'd already said that....

GRRRRR

Edited by AmyLGK
3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah it's a real strong hatred - not that they were overly fond of one another before due to competitive rivalry when Aberdeen were more of a force in the 70-early90's,it does seem to date back to Neil Simpson's challenge of Ian Durrant which was a nasty challenge. Rangers fans took it very badly but the fixtures were always heated and it was very much 6 and two 3's sort of affair. It seemed to spiral out of control following that on the terraces and continues today. Don't think I've ever heard some of my family refer to them as anything other than Huns, Sevco or plain and simply ****s lol

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah thought as much. Seems to have gone nuclear between them since. Aberdeen fans banner about Morelos' mum was perhaps a step too far lol

The other banner that went down a treat was the 'We Love HMRC' when they went bust lol

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, LCCFox96 said:

The other banner that went down a treat was the 'We Love HMRC' when they went bust lol

Those were great days, it felt like the first and only time the whole of Scottish football was united in shared agreement and joy lol

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The BBC really are a crock of sh!t.

They're probably still thinking we qualified for the CL and are still in denial lol

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I wouldn't want Leicester this season anyway, given the way you have started the season it could be a sore one for us and one of the major factors in us beating teams a lot better than us in Europe is always the atmosphere/crowd at home and obviously that will be gone this season.

It's nothing personal - it's the silly debates every time what occur. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Just noticed Max Gradel at Sivasspor.

Obviously Iborra at Villarreal.

Kramaric - Hoffenheim 

De Laet - Antwerp

Miguel Victor - Hapoel Beer-Sheva

Reunions everywhere.

Calvin Beasley at Rangers 

Pot 1 is going to be a tough scrap whoever we get so hopefully we pick up one of the weaker sides. Within Pot 3 if we could avoid Hoffenheim and Milan, and avoid Lille in Pot 4, I think we'll end up with a very reasonable group.