8 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Why do people say oh we'd have played so and so when the draw is made? It's a different draw if we're in it and the whole sequence would change. It doesn't mean we'd get them. I've never understood that lol

Don't get me started on the so-called Law of Averages.

8 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Why do people say oh we'd have played so and so when the draw is made? It's a different draw if we're in it and the whole sequence would change. It doesn't mean we'd get them. I've never understood that lol

What sequence would change? Litteraly NOTHING would change other than the name inside the ball. Not to say the result of the draw would remain the same but It would be EXACTLY the same circumstances surrounding it. 

• Like 2

Rangers with Fans great draw and experience i'm sure. 

Rangers are pretty much the said as Slavia the league is wrapped up. They can rest 11 players before each game. Would have been a v.tough game. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

If we end up 4th in the league and an English team below us win the UEFA Cup they’d bag our CL spot, right?

Only if the ECL is won by someone outside the Top 4 too.

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

What sequence would change? Litteraly NOTHING would change other than the name inside the ball. Not to say the result of the draw would remain the same but It would be EXACTLY the same circumstances surrounding it. 

I agree, it’s not the same as domestic cup competitions where your number could be completely different to the other team

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

People saying if we can't beat slavia we'd have been embarrassed in the champs league, I get where you're coming from but by the same account when we beat Liverpool or man City you could say imagine if that was a champs league knock out stage game. We just need to turn up on the night, which clearly we didn't against slavia. 

By the same account you could argue that if we played Liverpool or Man City in Europe it would be a totally different outcome. Man City more so with their desire to win that competition and I’m sure their fans would argue the same point they didn’t turn up for the league games.

7 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

If we end up 4th in the league and an English team below us win the UEFA Cup they’d bag our CL spot, right?

I don't think so. If Liverpool win the CL and finish 5th and Spurs win the EL whilst finishing 6th, I think only 3 teams would qualify through league position as you can only have 5 teams representing 1 country.

I'm probably wrong. 

9 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I don't think so. If Liverpool win the CL and finish 5th and Spurs win the EL whilst finishing 6th, I think only 3 teams would qualify through league position as you can only have 5 teams representing 1 country.

I'm probably wrong. 

you're right about five teams ……… precedence is for the tournament winners and EL winners over league placings. so in strange circumstances, the fourth place league side can miss out on CL. either Liverpool or Chelsea have to win the CL and both finish o/s the top four for that to happen …... (and spurs/arsenal to win the EL)

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Rangers are very strong this year, stevie G would have battered us.

In the same way Norwich are strong this year but they would not beat us. You have to remember that slavia thrashed Celtic home and away so I thoroughly expect them to beat rangers quite comfortably 

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

In the same way Norwich are strong this year but they would not beat us. You have to remember that slavia thrashed Celtic home and away so I thoroughly expect them to beat rangers quite comfortably 

Wasn’t that Sparta Prague? 

19 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Exactly lol

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It was Sparta Prague that smashed Celtic. They're second in the league behind Slavia I think.

2 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It was Sparta Prague that smashed Celtic. They're second in the league behind Slavia I think.

Third now! Sparta were always the bigger / historic club and currently miles off Slavia. Plzen are 2nd.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Wasn’t that Sparta Prague? 

57 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Haha I made the mistake of listening to talk sport earlier and was repeating their mistake. I apologise. I’ve learnt my lessonlol

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Because this is a football forum. Most people will not understand what you are referring to!

Ah just looking at the draw it hurts. Not because it's Rangers, and that would have been an interesting tie, just merely the fact there doesn't look many left now as you look at the draw, and it would have been so nice to still be involved.

Never mind. Onwards and upwards and all that.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

People saying if we can't beat slavia we'd have been embarrassed in the champs league, I get where you're coming from but by the same account when we beat Liverpool or man City you could say imagine if that was a champs league knock out stage game. We just need to turn up on the night, which clearly we didn't against slavia. 

There's no way Rodgers would've played that team, anyway. Hopefully, should we reach the Champions League, the squad would be seriously bolstered.

• Like 1

I’m going to spam the Rangers admin on Twitter encouraging Rangers 

Win it Rangers 🦊 

You’re so great Rangers 🦊 

Love me Rangers 🦊 

Let’s fvck those West Ham nonces up in a few weeks and put them firmly midtable where they belong.

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Think I would have rather gone out to Slavia than potentially losing to Rangers. Think Celtic fans would have supported Rangers for the 1st time ever 

Life is already too confusing for the average Scotsman.

664939031_ConfusedScotsman.JPG.e73404f090205d008809b2b8631e43c1.JPG

It wouldn't do to have heads exploding all over half of Glasgow.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Rangers with Fans great draw and experience i'm sure. 

Rangers are pretty much the said as Slavia the league is wrapped up. They can rest 11 players before each game. Would have been a v.tough game. 

I do believe Prague will beat Rangers but then get knocked out to whoever they draw in the QF.