Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, sdb said:

For me it's his reading of the game. He's like the anti Kante. Instead of being everywhere 2 seconds early, he's running about 2 seconds behind play. 

Agreed. Never seems ready for a pass either. 

 

No lack of effort or desire. Just doesn't have the natural ability on the ball and reading of the game. 

 

Interesting that Newcastle wanted him, which suggests we could still get an OK fee in the summer. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did well to stay on the pitch as long as he did, he was awful.

I don’t know why Brendan picks him, he was ready to get rid of him in January. Do obviously doesn’t rate him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Did well to stay on the pitch as long as he did, he was awful.

I don’t know why Brendan picks him, he was ready to get rid of him in January. Do obviously doesn’t rate him.

He’s picking him because we’ve got about 14 senior outfield players who are remotely fit, 3 or 4 of whom are still working their way back from long term injuries.

 

I completely agree he doesn’t look up to it but he is trying his best and that’s all we can really ask at the moment. We’re short on bodies and frankly anybody fit and capable of playing to a professional standard is going to be part of the squad at this point.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ttfn said:

He’s picking him because we’ve got about 14 senior outfield players who are remotely fit, 3 or 4 of whom are still working their way back from long term injuries.

 

I completely agree he doesn’t look up to it but he is trying his best and that’s all we can really ask at the moment. We’re short on bodies and frankly anybody fit and capable of playing to a professional standard is going to be part of the squad at this point.

I’d expect him to be in the squad given were short on numbers, just not starting games. We could still put a decent side out without starting him.

Edited by Lcfc82
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to think that maybe he can carve himself a half decent Premier League career at a club like Newcastle or Palace. I've changed my mind. I now think he is a Championship player. Not good enough for us or anyone in this league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame, he looked so promising a year or so back. He has however provided proof positive for the prosecution time and time again this season.

Hopefully he’ll carve out a good career with a Norwich or a West Brom. 
Good luck Hamza.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither him or Mendy are good enough. Probably not even as squad players. If we could get circa £20m for the pair whilst bringing in KDH and Anguissa we’d be laughing, but I doubt it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be on my own here but as bad as his pass was Ndidi was weak with the challenge. We were in the shit and he had a covering defender, either get the ball or the man. I'm convinced if that had been Evans Vydra would have ended up in row z and we win that match.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Neither him or Mendy are good enough. Probably not even as squad players. If we could get circa £20m for the pair whilst bringing in KDH and Anguissa we’d be laughing, but I doubt it.

Not a chance we’d get £20m for them both. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stadt said:

Neither him or Mendy are good enough. Probably not even as squad players. If we could get circa £20m for the pair whilst bringing in KDH and Anguissa we’d be laughing, but I doubt it.

We would get more than that easily. Whether they are worth it can be debated but I reckon we'd be looking at 15-20 at least just for Hamza because he's young and English and an ex England youth international. Mendy would probably command 10+ simply because that seems to be the base of what any premier league player commands. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We would get more than that easily. Whether they are worth it can be debated but I reckon we'd be looking at 15-20 at least just for Hamza because he's young and English and an ex England youth international. Mendy would probably command 10+ simply because that seems to be the base of what any premier league player commands. 

Nobody is going to pay 15-20 million for hamza. I doubt you would get much over 5 million 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lcfc82 said:

Nobody is going to pay 15-20 million for hamza. I doubt you would get much over 5 million 

All I can say is I'm glad you aren't negotiating our transfers! There are so many examples of young English players going for silly money and this will be no different. You have to remember teams like Newcastle and West Ham don't employ scouts, they are there to be ripped off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

All I can say is I'm glad you aren't negotiating our transfers! There are so many examples of young English players going for silly money and this will be no different. You have to remember teams like Newcastle and West Ham don't employ scouts, they are there to be ripped off. 

I’d love us to get silly money for him but can’t see it happening.

Doesn’t matter if they don’t employ scouts if a manager or director of football of club interested in him was watching tonight they could see he’s worth nowhere near that sort of money.

We will see how much he goes for, I hope you’re right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Bert said:

Not a chance we’d get £20m for them both. 

Like I said, I doubt it. 
 

We could fetch somewhere between £7-£12m for both of them, it just depends on how interested any suitors would be.

 

Tom Lawrence went for £6m IIRC about 5 years ago so we’d be looking north of that now.

 

Mendy, it’d be a move back to France so it would massively depend on which club, back to Nice maybe and we could hold out for nearer 10m than 5m. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We should not criticize harshly a player who wasnt rotated enough minutes. Very harsh critization should go for the favored players. If he were to be better player he wont be substituted and played only 300 minutes. As for his mistake that lead to the goal some of the critization should be on Ndidi.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...