11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I actually think Hamza’s game will be really suited to Europa League football.

Yeh cos he always thinks he has more time on the ball than he does, you’d have thought he’d been playing in Serie A for 10 years watching him play 

He needs game time. Simple as that. Hope he can get a handle on his game. At the moment he looks a bit like this on the pitch, hope he improves soon seeing as he’s an academy product...

2B8B24C4-3690-470F-AE2F-8985C64538E8.gif

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, surrifox said:

He’s a bit Schluppesqe in the sense that he doesn’t seem to be alert or tuned in to what’s happening most of the time 

I think you'll find that's now called Grayesque.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get that he's not played much, but he's being given opportunities and he just looks a bit lost. 

The last two cameos have about summed it up, really. I hope he's able to turn it around. 

Edited by RoboFox
18 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Looks lost, doesn't know how or when to impose himself on the game. Shame as 12 months ago we had someone with direction.

That sums him up very well at the moment.  It all started to go wrong with that tackle v Liverpool and the flak he got from Klopp. Looks to have lost his confidence, and his way, since then.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

Puel for some reason seemed better at unlocking his potential than Rodgers, Hamza needs game time to learn his trade, I'm not sure a cameo from the bench now and again is going to help him. 

Unfortunately with his lack of awareness and positional sense, he relies on this pace to get him out of trouble. 

This ultimately leads to him making tackles, that better players like Mendy, Ndidi and Kante don’t need to make. 

Some of those challenges are borderline and as a head coach, you’d be worried about him being a walking red card. He’s our Lee Catermoll in fairness. 

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

Unfortunately with his lack of awareness and positional sense, he relies on this pace to get him out of trouble. 

This ultimately leads to him making tackles, that better players like Mendy, Ndidi and Kante don’t need to make. 

Some of those challenges are borderline and as a head coach, you’d be worried about him being a walking red card. He’s our Lee Catermoll in fairness. 

Awareness and positional sense only come with game time, he should have went to a championship club last season.   

The only way he can improve is to be playing regularly. Sadly I don't think that will happen here but with our current injury crisis and lack of squad depth we couldn't afford not to have him around.His energy levels used to be his real asset but not anymore.

16 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Awareness and positional sense only come with game time, he should have went to a championship club last season.   

I disagree to an extent, you learn some of it as you grow up playing youth football, U21, even in daily training you’d improve etc. Game time is game time. I think a loan allows you to hone these skills against better players.

My worry with Hamza is that he’s so far behind in this department, when you compare him to even the likes of what we’ve seen of KDH. 

We’ve got to remember, he didn’t set the world alight whilst he was on loan at Burton Albion.