19 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Tbf the vast majority of that is probably going to offset their huge losses

From what my Bournemouth work colleagues says the bankrolling Russian is claiming back some of the debt he’s ran up against the club 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I don't know why we're bothering to look at domestic players at all, TBH.  We aren't the sort of club that can pay a 50% markup for players just because they're British or play domestically, not because they're actually better - leave that market for Chelsea and the Manchesters.

100% this. Hugely expensive and not even good value. Waste of time and definitely a waste of money. Imagine paying £50m for Brooks when you compare it to what we spent of Ricardo, Youri and Maddison (I know he's British but prices since then have become even more ridiculous). 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

100% this. Hugely expensive and not even good value. Waste of time and definitely a waste of money. Imagine paying £50m for Brooks when you compare it to what we spent of Ricardo, Youri and Maddison (I know he's British but prices since then have become even more ridiculous). 

A great example is Watkins going for £33 million, by no means is he worth that and Werner was brought for just over £14mill more.