UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

45 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Tavares assisted the 1st and then scores a free kick for the 2nd

Hopefully whatever issues were stopping him from playing for us are now sorted and he can get back to showing why he is so highly rated!

Very frustrating, the lad needs his talent harnessing by the right set up and he will be superb.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very frustrating, the lad needs his talent harnessing by the right set up and he will be superb.

He’s the perfect understudy for Tielemans in the 2 man pivot In our 5-2-2-1/3-4-3 for me, he really suits that role with his physique and skill set. He’s more of the deep lying playmaker type which can’t be said of Ndidi, Mendy and Hamza. 

After Tielemans, Tavares is the only one I can see having the profile to dictate the tempo in that more creative role of the midfield 2. It would be nice if he would sign a new contract, go out on loan and trust the process that has seen Chilwell, Harvey and Hamza into the first team. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can the team selection tonight clarify that this training bubble bollocks between U23's and first team as a reason for not being able to switch between the 2? 

Both Fitzhugh and Leshabela who trained with and were in the first team squad vs Braga were in the u23 squad tonight so... not a clue haha

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Curious to see how Suengchitthawon is getting on. I know we signed him from Nancy but I kinda figured him being brought in was in the hopes of developing a Thai player for the first team (brand and all that). Cool to see he's getting gametime in these competitions, must have something about him?

EDIT - Just did some sleuthing because I'm bored and a little drunk. That was his first appearance for us? If so, anyone able to pass comment? I can't make much judgement from the highlights but maybe one or two of you were savvy to a full stream or whatever.

Edited by OntarioFox
4 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Curious to see how Suengchitthawon is getting on. I know we signed him from Nancy but I kinda figured him being brought in was in the hopes of developing a Thai player for the first team (brand and all that). Cool to see he's getting gametime in these competitions, must have something about him?

EDIT - Just did some sleuthing because I'm bored and a little drunk. That was his first appearance for us? If so, anyone able to pass comment? I can't make much judgement from the highlights but maybe one or two of you were savvy to a full stream or whatever.

He's played in a few other U23 and EFL trophy games. It does seem there are some players that don't play for the U23's much but get wheeled out for the EFL trophy. This team bubbles seems a load of bollocks as well as there's numerous occasions where players have moved about.

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's played in a few other U23 and EFL trophy games. It does seem there are some players that don't play for the U23's much but get wheeled out for the EFL trophy. This team bubbles seems a load of bollocks as well as there's numerous occasions where players have moved about.

Do they wait two weeks, do a couple of covid tests, then move bubbles? That sounds vaguely medically sensible.

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Do they wait two weeks, do a couple of covid tests, then move bubbles? That sounds vaguely medically sensible.

Didn't do that with Fitzhugh and Leshabela though, they were on the bench for the first team a mere 4 days previous.

3 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Unless they are tested every 2 weeks on the Friday? Got all Clear so back to u23 bubble? 

I mean, if the first team really wanted to use an academy player or vice versa then the testing requirements to enable them to do so would be the easiest thing to solve. 

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

First team bubble has to stick to Premier League Covid rules so a negative test is needed before an U23's player can join. U23's/U18's aren't in a bubble as far as I'm aware so players can move back to, and between, U23's/U18s no problem

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The first thing that came into my head when I saw the link was Muzzy Izzets goal :D

Exactly the same!

Worth watching for the Tavares free kick though!

And the fact one of our centre backs just appears to be watching the game go on around him most of the day. Its like they were short and I got roped in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1