UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

Chelsea posted an article earlier today saying they would be streaming live, although after the issues with Man City and their broadcast i am not counting on it yet. Interesting to see that Reghba has got the nod ahead of Wakeling this week... possibly an injury, who knows. Glad to see him back anyway, and looking forward to seeing how he links with Pennett as they linked well together in Pennetts short cameo role the other day. 

I'd hazard a guess that the U23 player training with the 1st team who got fined for going that house party is making his 1st start for the U23's tonight. Shame as I wanted him in the squad for Burnley on Wednesday but a good showing tonight will hopefully help convince Rodgers to recall him to 1st team training.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd hazard a guess that the U23 player training with the 1st team who got fined for going that house party is making his 1st start for the U23's tonight. Shame as I wanted him in the squad for Burnley on Wednesday but a good showing tonight will hopefully help convince Rodgers to recall him to 1st team training.

Who's that then? 

Was kind of hoping Wakeling would be on the bench for Weds.

31 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Nice to see Mitch Clark playing. He's the potential to be the next James Justin type IMO

So all I've seen for the first 25 minutes is him playing long balls. He looks like he's massively regressed.

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

I am concerned how it’s not really clicking with them that hitting balls long to Reghba when he has three plus players surrounding  him is not going to work. 

Really interested to hear the coaching staff shouting, it's as if the game plan is to simply kick and rush and try to win the second ball. 

They're going mad at some elements of play but are quite encouraging for the hopeless long ball. 

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Really interested to hear the coaching staff shouting, it's as if the game plan is to simply kick and rush and try to win the second ball. 

They're going mad at some elements of play but are quite encouraging for the hopeless long ball. 

That's Beaglehole for you, his style of football is an abomination but you aren't allowed to question it because Barnes and Chilwell have come through.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The midfielders just don’t have a role in this system, they are bypassing them when going forward, not pressing at the front. Just terrible to watch. 

Just now, moore_94 said:

Terell Pennant struggling with his back

He looks like he’s carrying too many pounds which won’t help his back (I know from experience)

The boy will need to work bloody hard to keep in shape to make it ..... does he have that in him ??? 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He looks like he’s carrying too many pounds which won’t help his back (I know from experience)

The boy will need to work bloody hard to keep in shape to make it ..... does he have that in him ??? 

Can't imagine he is overweight if he has been training with the first team, just a stocky lad

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Can't imagine he is overweight if he has been training with the first team, just a stocky lad

Yes he’s stocky but that’s a problem for him IMO .... there aren’t many maradonnas in history