24 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Just Tarkowski or 3 at the back in general?

It would be as per @Lcfc-1992 suggested Tielemans would drop back with another supporting Vardy, where did Tielemans play for Belgium last night and most have said he was probably MotM

It gets Maddison higher up the pitch as well, he was getting on the ball to deep last season. Perez has looked much better playing centrally so it seems to make perfect sense. 

• Like 2

Hard to say what the right price would be but £30 million seems a fair price even with add ons based on success finishing positions and European football which all brings in extra income. Also an experienced centre half like Evans or a Tarkowski puts value on the other centre half learning alongside Evans how much did Harry M's and Cags value increase learning their trade. How much did Fuchs help Ben Chilwell improve. We cry out for options and this guy gives us just that rotating centre halves 3 at the back giving a player a rest or even dealing with suspensions and injuries. We are an established P L club now and a top 10 club at that but to move on and be a regular top 6 or 4 club will not be easy. Established players and agents will still favour a "big Six" club over ours in most cases. Sometimes being steady and safe in the transfer market is the way to go rather than the riskier option and centre half is an unforgiving position when the mistakes crop up. 

35 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Just Tarkowski or 3 at the back in general?

It would be as per @Lcfc-1992 suggested Tielemans would drop back with another supporting Vardy, where did Tielemans play for Belgium last night and most have said he was probably MotM

3 at the back in general really - probably should be in another thread but the potential purchase of Tarkowski just got me typing!

17 minutes ago, reynard said:

The guy is an England international and a very decent defender. 30 million sounds a lot but would be decent for him if not cheap. He would certainly improve our squad.

We seem to be linked with a lot of defenders but the other end of the pitch concerns me just as much. We have created so little of late and have so few natural goalscorers.

We have Vardy..... that's it!

9 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Where's that come from? He's played well in his appearances behind vardy and looks very competent/intelligent when he drops deep into midfield.

His decision making is appalling at times. Hold on to the ball too long and wants to shoot every time he gets it. He's not a ten for me. 

£30m a steal in this market, getting in Castagne and Tarkowski for the price of Chilwell would be superb business.

A starting four of Ricardo, Evans, Söyüncü, Castagne with Justin, Tarkowski, Morgan and Fuchs in reserve, Thomas and Benkovic away getting good loan experience. Superb set of options IMO.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

£30m a steal in this market, getting in Castagne and Tarkowski for the price of Chilwell would be superb business.

A starting four of Ricardo, Evans, Söyüncü, Castagne with Justin, Tarkowski, Morgan and Fuchs in reserve, Thomas and Benkovic away getting good loan experience. Superb set of options IMO.

Think we’d be daft to let Benkovic go on loan given the amount of game, Wes age and I think we need more than 4 available, unless knight is the 5th then let Benkovic go on loan 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

he won’t come here to sit on the bench though - he would expect to be a starter in a back 3.  If there are games where we play a back 4 then that presents a problem but at his age with the euros ahead and that area an issue for Southgate, he won’t make the move to be ‘in reserve’. 

5 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Agree but I doubt he’ll be coming as a backup

I think he starts in a back 4 but I’d imagine back 3 with wing backs is where we’re heading

Just now, st albans fox said:

he won’t come here to sit on the bench though - he would expect to be a starter in a back 3.  If there are games where we play a back 4 then that presents a problem but at his age with the euros ahead and that area an issue for Southgate, he won’t make the move to be ‘in reserve’. 

If we can get him in the next week then he starts the first 2-3 games with Cags, that's an ideal opportunity for him to start in a four and then keep Evans out of the team.

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Think we’d be daft to let Benkovic go on loan given the amount of game, Wes age and I think we need more than 4 available, unless knight is the 5th then let Benkovic go on loan 

Rodgers rarely keeps more than four CBs around, teams rarely use the fourth anyway unless they are injury prone like Man City's. He has Fuchs as fifth choice anyway.