Jump to content

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Just curious - is that something you want to see? I'm more interested in seeing Barnes, Vardy and Under terrorising defences as a front 3.

It’s about options mate and we don’t have many at the back. Them 3 up front could be very good if it works out 👌🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

It’s about options mate and we don’t have many at the back. Them 3 up front could be very good if it works out 👌🏻

I agree it is good to have a squad that is able to play in different formations, but I think a back 4 has to be our default. That gets the best out of what we've got. If we want to play with 3 at the back often, we probably need at least 2 new CBs. We're finding it hard enough to sign just the one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

If we were to sign him then there would be massive pressure on Rodgers to start him every game due to the large fee. Who do you drop out of Evans and Soyuncu? And I can't see us going to a back 3 on a regular basis with the signing of Under. Put all our efforts into Tah I say.

Evans is 33 in January and out of contract in the summer. So Evans.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree it is good to have a squad that is able to play in different formations, but I think a back 4 has to be our default. That gets the best out of what we've got. If we want to play with 3 at the back often, we probably need at least 2 new CBs. We're finding it hard enough to sign just the one.

I think depends on who we're playing. Weaker opposition then we don't go with 3 at the back. Or we have the ability to change accordingly in a match.We still need another CB is Benkovic is not cutting the mustard. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

We're desperate for cover as it is with just 2 centre-halves in the team. If we switch to 3 at the back, we'll want another 2 in the squad, and at least one of Barnes and Under will be left on the bench.

 

Although it looks like we're spending big on a CB, I don't think it means we're going to 3 atb. It just means we'll be able to rotate, which is something we will need to do this season.

Exactly, we’ll play about 60 games this season, using 3 cb’s that equates to 40 games per cb, plenty of game time for all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

If we were to sign him then there would be massive pressure on Rodgers to start him every game due to the large fee. Who do you drop out of Evans and Soyuncu? And I can't see us going to a back 3 on a regular basis with the signing of Under. Put all our efforts into Tah I say.

Evans. Last year of his contract, so we have to move on soon anyway and it's mad people aren't more disgruntled at him for purposefully getting sent off against Man U(after trying and failing to do so in the game against Tottenham right before that), which has forced us to play a patched up Wilf out of position at the start of this season and now will see him injured for 3 months trying to cover Jonny boys a**e.

 

Soyuncu dropped us in doo-doo too but Jonny's an experienced player who should be acting as a leader and he let us down.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Evans. Last year of his contract, so we have to move on soon anyway and it's mad people aren't more disgruntled at him for purposefully getting sent off against Man U(after trying and failing to do so in the game against Tottenham right before that), which has forced us to play a patched up Wilf out of position at the start of this season and now will see him injured for 3 months trying to cover Jonny boys a**e.

 

Soyuncu dropped us in doo-doo too but Jonny's an experienced player who should be acting as a leader and he let us down.

He tried to get sent off at spurs?  His red against yanited was indeed awful for a player of his experience and the state of the game at that time 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

If we were to sign him then there would be massive pressure on Rodgers to start him every game due to the large fee. Who do you drop out of Evans and Soyuncu? And I can't see us going to a back 3 on a regular basis with the signing of Under. Put all our efforts into Tah I say.

 

If we play 50 games a season and rotate the CB's that's still 33 games each.

 

There'll be times when one of those CB's are injured or suspended. The three of them will get plenty of games and Evans isn't getting any younger, he'll be 33 in three months. We could easily get a third CB of similar quality to Evans and Soyuncu and keep all three happy with enough games.

 

My preference is still Fofana but Tarkowski at the £30m mark will be good business for us. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He tried to get sent off at spurs?  His red against yanited was indeed awful for a player of his experience and the state of the game at that time 

It sort of did seem like it at the time and I think it was commented on in the Spurs match thread.

Edited by Spiritwalker
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, st albans fox said:

He tried to get sent off at spurs?  His red against yanited was indeed awful for a player of his experience and the state of the game at that time 

Already on a yellow and twice got let off by the ref near the end of that match which felt odd at the time, one of them was a late foul on Kane and another was stopping a counter attack, I think. Memory isn't crystal but it definitely felt odd at the time, several posters said as much in the post match thread too.

 

He won't ever be a leader for us, is aging and will leave at the end of the season. I'd move on now if we could bring in two CB's but would rotate him otherwise, not like we're losing a huge fee on Jonny if we can't sell anyway, he was still a bargain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Already on a yellow and twice got let off by the ref near the end of that match which felt odd at the time, one of them was a late foul on Kane and another was stopping a counter attack, I think. Memory isn't crystal but it definitely felt odd at the time, several posters said as much in the post match thread too.

 

He won't ever be a leader for us, is aging and will leave at the end of the season. I'd move on now if we could bring in two CB's but would rotate him otherwise, not like we're losing a huge fee on Jonny if we can't sell anyway, he was still a bargain.

Are you really suggesting we sell Evans?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Are you really suggesting we sell Evans?

He's probably free at the end of next season. If we could replace him with Tarkowski in the XI and also sign a younger rotational/backup I would sell Evans, yes.

 

I'm actually quite miffed off at him lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MPH said:

 

 

You don’t drop either. you play 3 at the back.

Although I felt 3 at the back might be the way to go, since Barnes has started the signing brilliantly and the signing of Castagne and Ünder I think we'd weaken ourselves by doing so. 4-1-4-1 is and has always been our best system.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Evans is 33 in January and out of contract in the summer. So Evans.

Evans won't be leaving. He's on £80k a week here, will not get that anywhere else and his family are settled in the midlands.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

He's probably free at the end of next season. If we could replace him with Tarkowski in the XI and also sign a younger rotational/backup I would sell Evans, yes.

 

I'm actually quite miffed off at him lol

Sorry to burst your bubble.

 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/12081993/brendan-rodgers-keen-for-leicester-defender-jonny-evans-to-sign-new-deal


Brendan Rodgers keen for Leicester defender Jonny Evans to sign new deal

 

Rodgers is keen for the former United and West Brom defender to remain part of the club’s long-term plans, with his current deal set to expire in the summer of 2021.

 

“Our intention was to get through to the end of the season then the club and Jonny’s agent would pick it up from there,” Rodgers said.

 

“He is clearly a player I would love to keep here. He has been absolutely brilliant, not just in the games but in training with setting the standards and the mentality.

 

“I believe the discussion will go on between Jonny’s agent and the club, and hopefully we can find a solution to keeping him here.”

 

Allowing Evans to depart should an unexpected bid come in before the end of the transfer window is “absolutely not” in the thinking of the Leicester boss.

Edited by moore_94
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

He's probably free at the end of next season. If we could replace him with Tarkowski in the XI and also sign a younger rotational/backup I would sell Evans, yes.

 

I'm actually quite miffed off at him lol

Up there with one of the worst shouts I e seen for a while. Would make more sense to sell Cags.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wow! I hadn't seen that.

 

Ok so we seem to be attempting to build a fairly robust bunch of CB's then. I'd consider Tarkowski to be a starter, as I do Soyuncu and of course if Evans is here to stay but I doubt we'll play 3 at the back so one will have to get used to not playing the big matches. I've never thought of us to have a big selection but 3 CB's of that quality, keeping one the bench most weeks is proper big club stuff.

 

Look I'm not a hater of Evans, I'm miffed off at him because in my opinion he let us down at the end of last season which has had big knock on effects on other players and the start of this season. He didn't stand up and act like a leader, he lost his head right as our season culminated and a dream was dashed. If this was Footy Manager or FIFA I would sell him, but thats not reality and don't know the full picture as I'm not itk. If he stays I'll support him like any Leicester player.

 

23 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Up there with one of the worst shouts I e seen for a while. Would make more sense to sell Cags.

 

Now that is mad! I mean if Barca had £120m to spend and Cags wanted to go, sure. Otherwise we build around him for the next 8 years. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Wow! I hadn't seen that.

 

Ok so we seem to be attempting to build a fairly robust bunch of CB's then. I'd consider Tarkowski to be a starter, as I do Soyuncu and of course if Evans is here to stay but I doubt we'll play 3 at the back so one will have to get used to not playing the big matches. I've never thought of us to have a big selection but 3 CB's of that quality, keeping one the bench most weeks is proper big club stuff.

 

Look I'm not a hater of Evans, I'm miffed off at him because in my opinion he let us down at the end of last season which has had big knock on effects on other players and the start of this season. He didn't stand up and act like a leader, he lost his head right as our season culminated and a dream was dashed. If this was Footy Manager or FIFA I would sell him, but thats not reality and don't know the full picture as I'm not itk. If he stays I'll support him like any Leicester player.

 

 

Now that is mad! I mean if Barca had £120m to spend and Cags wanted to go, sure. Otherwise we build around him for the next 8 years. :P

Evans was better last season and we couldn’t sell him. With our ethos we are more likely to sell Cags for big money than let Evans go for free. Really isn’t that mad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...