Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I remember everyone thought Michael Keane was great at Burnley,  we were interested in him and even there was talk of him going back at Man U. Everton eventually paid around 30m for him and he was considered rubbish by Everton fans the first few seasons (I don't know about now). Great for Burnley way of playing with 11 behind the ball but useless in any other system. We should really consider this if we are going to buy a Burnley defender who's going to be 28 in November for around 35 to 40m. I would rather we spend 35m on Fofana who i think will be a double that in a few years time and heading for Liverpool or Man City.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I remember everyone thought Michael Keane was great at Burnley,  we were interested in him and even there was talk of him going back at Man U. Everton eventually paid around 30m for him and he was considered rubbish by Everton fans the first few seasons (I don't know about now). Great for Burnley way of playing with 11 behind the ball but useless in any other system. We should really consider this if we are going to buy a Burnley defender who's going to be 28 in November for around 35 to 40m. I would rather we spend 35m on Fofana who i think will be a double that in a few years time and heading for Liverpool or Man City.

Must be well regarded at Everton as he has been rewarded with a new contract, which he has just signed.

For me, with the start we have had, Tarkowski is less of a risk than Forfana. Albeit, Fofana may turn out to be a world class player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i dont doubt the ability of Tarkowski at all, but to pay over £35mil maybe even near or over £40mil isnt worth it, 

 

 

I agree that £35m is a huge sum, but we sold Maguire for £80m. Is Tarkowski only half the player Maguire is? Whilst Fofana is undoubtedly the more exciting prospect, Tarkowski has proven Premier League ability. For a player in his prime who has represented country, currently playing for a poor team, I feel £35m is probably the going rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think Leicester have the upper hand here, Tarkowski has said doesn't want (allegedly) to go to West Ham. He is going to be 28 in November  and wants last big payday which he won't get at Burnley amd thats why he faking his toe injury (allegedly) and I can't see anyone else going for him in this transfer window. I think Burnley are desperate for the deal to be done and are holding out for 40m but would be willing to accept 30m on the final day.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised we haven’t really been linked with a left footed centre back. If the plan is to play a back three at times (if you are splashing £30-40m on a centre back, they are starting surely?) 

 

Although Cags looked the most comfortable he has in that left centre back role yesterday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I agree that £35m is a huge sum, but we sold Maguire for £80m. Is Tarkowski only half the player Maguire is? Whilst Fofana is undoubtedly the more exciting prospect, Tarkowski has proven Premier League ability. For a player in his prime who has represented country, currently playing for a poor team, I feel £35m is probably the going rate.

£35mil.....its likely to be nearer or over £40mil before Burnley even think of selling him tbh and for me that isnt worth it, 

i woudlnt call burnley poor tbh, they are decent, they just need new blood in their team

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I agree that £35m is a huge sum, but we sold Maguire for £80m. Is Tarkowski only half the player Maguire is?

Maguire was realistically worth £45-65m. That £80m was a robbery since United were desperate and he was their main target. Maguire used to dribble in to the opposition half and pick out teammates with his long passes. Does Tarkowski do that?

Edited by MickeyMouse
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I reckon this start to the season will have Top opening up his check book. We have a great chance of finishing Top 4 ( I know it’s early days) with a extra quality player or two. 

I thought this too but we dont know how much money he actually has available and what the finances of kp are looking like. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we need depth but this is a bit of a strange one, will he start ahead of Evans? I can't see it, surely we should be looking at someone younger who doesn't need to be starting every game and we can develop. Tark is a very good defender but don't see why he comes here to sit on the bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think if the club decided whether to spend £40m on James Tarkowski or Wesley Fofana, I would definitely choose the latter.

 

Bottom line, Burnley are asking for too much yet again and if JT is indeed faking that toe injury and wants to leave, then maybe he should try to force a move on his side (more than he is) so Burnley accept a lower offer.

 

If it was me, I'd say move on. There are players with better value for money elsewhere.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want Tarkowski. He’s never played in a side that demands the level of footballing ability that we ask from our centre backs, that combined with his age and the figure being touted gives me a bad feeling about this potential transfer. It’s a massive no from me. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I don’t want Tarkowski. He’s never played in a side that demands the level of footballing ability that we ask from our centre backs, that combined with his age and the figure being touted gives me a bad feeling about this potential transfer. It’s a massive no from me. 

Found the right thread then? :whistle: It's a no from me as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Think if the club decided whether to spend £40m on James Tarkowski or Wesley Fofana, I would definitely choose the latter.

 

Bottom line, Burnley are asking for too much yet again and if JT is indeed faking that toe injury and wants to leave, then maybe he should try to force a move on his side (more than he is) so Burnley accept a lower offer.

 

If it was me, I'd say move on. There are players with better value for money elsewhere.

It depends what you call value for money. £20m will only get you a championship centre half. Unfortunately proven centre halves cost upward of £30m.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I know we need depth but this is a bit of a strange one, will he start ahead of Evans? I can't see it, surely we should be looking at someone younger who doesn't need to be starting every game and we can develop. Tark is a very good defender but don't see why he comes here to sit on the bench.

Maybe we do need someone who can come in for Evans now. Especially if Evans is not going to sign a new contract.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...