Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

2017 

yeah got all excited then realised how old it was when they started talking about his arrival last summer. Stranger things have happened though, we got £24M for Musa from Saudi after all

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

27 minutes ago, urban fox said:

He seemed to be doing well for Monaco but they were obviously put off by his wages i presume

I don’t think the wages would’ve been a problem for Monaco if they wanted the player 

6FB7DC92-7723-42B4-BC01-F8498EAC91E5.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Anyone know the length of his new contract and salary?

 

Yippee doo daa day...£80k p/w off the books.

Bye bye Adrien you total clown shoe - don’t let the door hit you on the way out 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, urban fox said:

yeah got all excited then realised how old it was when they started talking about his arrival last summer. Stranger things have happened though, we got £24M for Musa from Saudi after all

yeah. I expected him to light it up there -- but been mostly a sick note. Just getting Slimani out of the training ground is worth it. We are stuck with his wage, but 12 more months, and done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

yeah. I expected him to light it up there -- but been mostly a sick note. Just getting Slimani out of the training ground is worth it. We are stuck with his wage, but 12 more months, and done.

I'm pretty confident Slimani will get another loan out, at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm pretty confident Slimani will get another loan out, at least.

I said it before -- Slimani is toxic to any locker room. He's proven it everywhere we have sent him. He was scoring goals for fun in Monaco, and they benched him for his attitude. He won't get signed until the last day of the window, and it will be by a team near the bottom of the table desperate for goals, and it will be a loan, because then it's risk free, and if by chance he doesn't have everyone hating him, they can sign him for a free at the end of the season. No one on earth is going to give Slimani a multi-year contract when they can get a "try him out" deal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I still can't believe this signing turned out to be so bad. On paper he has the same technical quality (if not better) than Mendy, Praet and maybe even Tielemans. But the fact is toward the end of Puel's first season he had a sustained run in the side and was getting shown up by a academy graduate Choudhury at the time. Ron-Robert Zieler kept some clean sheets for the club, Islam Slimani scored some important goals. Even Ahmed Musa scored some goals and had some good performances for us. Silva literally did nothing of note.

 

A very curious case. I guess the combination of his late registration and subsequent sacking of Shakespeare did him over. 

 

His signing sent this place into one of the biggest meltdowns of recent years when it was announced the club had missed the deadline by 14 seconds. He provided a few days of entertainment, if nothing else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, happy85 said:

After a slow start to the Serie A season, Sampdoria are looking for reinforcements. The blucerchiati are set to welcome Adrien Silva on a free transfer
 

 

 

Someone tell David it can't possibly be a free, because I was categorically told I talked wee wee for joking such. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Statue for Rudders..

Wow how times have changed. 

 

Paid a huge transfer fee, huge wages... missed the deadline so he couldn’t play for half a season, the player then turning out to be worse than Matty James. Then ships him out for free and someone calls for a statue ... unbelievable. 

 

It’s the equivalent to Indy Kalia getting employee of the month because he paid a premium fee for gone off chicken but managed to get a homeless person to eat it 

Edited by Lambert09
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I said it before -- Slimani is toxic to any locker room. He's proven it everywhere we have sent him. He was scoring goals for fun in Monaco, and they benched him for his attitude. He won't get signed until the last day of the window, and it will be by a team near the bottom of the table desperate for goals, and it will be a loan, because then it's risk free, and if by chance he doesn't have everyone hating him, they can sign him for a free at the end of the season. No one on earth is going to give Slimani a multi-year contract when they can get a "try him out" deal.

Not really sure why you've answered my comment with that. I agree. It seems pretty clear to me that Slimani is a nightmare to work with.

 

There are plenty on here who think he should be part of the squad again. I'm certainly not one of them. Nevertheless, there does seem to be plenty of interest, still, and I'd be surprised if we can't offload him by Monday night, if at least on loan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...