This thread has been a mixture in the past hour lol 

What is it with some of our fans shitting all over Burnley players? Some of you did it with Tarkowski, clearly not knowing how good his performances were last season. Now we get the same with Dwight McNeil, who’s proven to be a talent that is one to watch.

He is more skilful than some of our fans give him credit for, plus he’ll bag a decent amount of assists.

But I also fully understand why some are underwhelmed, we need a winger that will not only get assists but goals too, Dwight McNeil probably won’t give us that. If we sign him, keep Gray and don’t get a second winger, then Rodgers will be making a mistake.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We just don't sign many wingers and attackers. We used to, but in recent years we've largely kept the same wingers and forwards. 

True. However, a further reason could also be what is very much needed given our budget. Maguire and Evans were needed because Huth and Morgan were coming towards the end. Soy and Benko were needed because Maguire was leaving. Ndidi was needed because Kante left. Perreira was needed because Simpson for all his defensive capabilities was too old school going forward for us to progress. 

When you look at our forward buys. Maddison, Tielemans, Kelechi etc. They’re young up and coming with work to be done. Mahrez was always going to be the hardest player (after Kante) to replace because his replacement not only had to deliver on numbers but had to have the wow factor the man brought to the team. It’s just a harder market with forward players.

Just now, North Leeds Fox said:

Very happy if this is true. Young, English, very talented and someone for us to mould into our team. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders and could play in a number of positions. Great technical ability too which rodgers will love 

Echoes my thoughts, apart from the expected fee pain, I see little downside here

if it’s true of course

I am keen on this.  Aside from his attributes to make a success of your career and be valued at Burnley says he has a good head on his shoulders.  Say what you want about Dyche but he wouldn't tollerate prima-donnas, so for him to hold out for a large fee says a lot about his attitude.

This would be a good signing if it comes off. Maybe even played at LWB as McNeil does seem versatile. 

Will also chip in with his fair share of assists as he has good technical ability. My concern is simply we need someone to chip in with 8 -10 goals. We are so heavily reliant on Vardy and I'm not sure if McNeil will be able to be the additional goalscorer we require. 

Even still it would add options and depth to the squad. Will be interesting to see how this develops over the coming days.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 2

I hope we get this kid I think people when they watch him every week will be shocked at how good he is, only issue is there’s not much talk about it so is it even going to happen ? Him or Brooks I’d be happy probably favour McNeil though.

Kid is 20 and played nearly every minute in the Premier League last season, and proved he could withstand a congested schedule of fixtures. We’re already a bit lightweight and have injury concerns. I’d love a nifty goal scorer but I’d take McNeil on my team anytime. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, kingfox said:

What is it with some of our fans shitting all over Burnley players? Some of you did it with Tarkowski, clearly not knowing how good his performances were last season. Now we get the same with Dwight McNeil, who’s proven to be a talent that is one to watch.

He is more skilful than some of our fans give him credit for, plus he’ll bag a decent amount of assists.

But I also fully understand why some are underwhelmed, we need a winger that will not only get assists but goals too, Dwight McNeil probably won’t give us that. If we sign him, keep Gray and don’t get a second winger, then Rodgers will be making a mistake.

I’ve been saying it for months our fan base has become far to self entitled. People are turning their noses up at some of the statistically best players in the pl. especially JT, that I struggle to wrap my head around. He has been consistent and his stats back it. Getting tired of reading the same old steaming pile of sh!t. 

16 minutes ago, Lee Monty said:

Wonder how he knows the former England Keeper Chris Woods wonder if he gets confused with his team mate Chris Wood when it comes to birthday or Christmas cards

Not sure if serious

20 minutes ago, martyn said:

Lumped on, wife will not be pleased if he doesn't join now!

If you’re in the business of lumping on short transfer window odds I’d imagine she’s already fairly unhappy lol 

Just now, MPH said:

Imagine the meltdown on here if Rudkin with a proud smile on his face announces the double singing of Tarkowski and Mcneil for £80m lol

I’d be well up for that maybe not at 80 though lol  maybe 65-70 but then again it ain’t my money being spent. 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If you’re in the business of lumping on short transfer window odds I’d imagine she’s already fairly unhappy lol 

Not to worry, I've only made 2 (sizable) real money bets in the last 2 years. Maddison signing, and now this. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Brooks is exactly the same player but a tad older and recovering from a shocking injury.

On the money apart from the fact that it's totally wrong.

He's only 20 years old and he's a Premier League regular for a decent side. He's a lot more technically gifted than many are giving him credit for aswell. He'll probably be the 3rd best dribbler at the club behind Maddison and Ricardo. 

18 minutes ago, kingfox said:

People need to remember that we signed players like Simpson Who hadn’t done much.. yet we won the league with him and he was immense

I will trust the club to get it right