Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

There is a massive 2 day gap, not one. Not that it changes the intent of lineup for this match. Play the benchwarmers/reserves/youth players so everyone has been involved early on.

We play Burnley 7pm Sunday and then Arsenal on Tuesday. That is only 1 full day gap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Why the hell can't the game be played on Wednesday?! Arsenal don't play til the Monday after and we don't play til the Sunday. 

 

Utterly stupid to play Sunday then Tuesday. 

Would be a bit weird having a Round 3 tie before some Round 2 ties have taken place. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

We play Burnley 7pm Sunday and then Arsenal on Tuesday. That is only 1 full day gap. 

It's scheduled for Wednesday 23rd September 18:00 KO. Although it looks like this has not been 100% confirmed. Would make sense if it is that date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's scheduled for Wednesday 23rd September 18:00 KO. Although it looks like this has not been 100% confirmed. Would make sense if it is that date.

I've checked 2 different websites that both say its scheduled for Tuesday but ko time tbc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Burton 1-0 up against Villa inside 2 minutes lol

Watkins has equalised now. 

 

On the other hand.... Derby lost.

 

PS @davieG (or another mod) can we have some of this in general football as we usually have a thread but I don't think there is one for this season? Saves us posting generally in a thread that was created for LCFC League Cup stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, isaidno said:

Lincoln beat Bradford 5-0. They play Liverpool at home next.

They're going to get hammered and they won't even have a sell out crowd to compensate. Poor b@stards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2020 at 14:57, danhaw said:

Didn't realise that the winner of this goes into the new Europa Conference rather than Europa League

I’m obviously a plastic these days and must have misssed the memo, but WTF is the Europa Conference? :dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I’m obviously a plastic these days and must have misssed the memo, but WTF is the Europa Conference? :dunno:

Basically Uefa has invented a third competition that is under the Europa League. That's all I can tell you. I think it's to get even more teams playing in Europe. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Basically Uefa has invented a third competition that is under the Europa League. That's all I can tell you. I think it's to get even more teams playing in Europe. 

I think it's to get even more money for UEFA. Which they'll probably  to line their pockets and add to the CL prize money.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think it's to get even more money for UEFA. Which they'll probably  to line their pockets and add to the CL prize money.

Everything always comes down to money but I do think it's a good thing to get more teams playing European football personally. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Everything always comes down to money but I do think it's a good thing to get more teams playing European football personally. 

Yeah there are some positives but it also weakens the kudos for playing Europe. I guess conversely it'll add to status of the Europa League. 

 

Perhaps after it's been running a few years they'll then get less opposition to the idea of making the CL a closed shop, a sort of Euro League which they are seemingly on their way too anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Basically Uefa has invented a third competition that is under the Europa League. That's all I can tell you. I think it's to get even more teams playing in Europe. 

Ah right, I see. Thanks.

 

Here's an idea if UEFA want a third competition:

 

1. A competition just for the winners of each league - lets call it the 'European Cup'

2. A competition for teams finishing 2nd & 3rd in their league - lets call that the 'UEFA' cup

3. A competition for the winners of each countries premier domestic cup - lets call that the 'Cup Winners Cup'

 

Just a thought :whistle:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...