Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Jamal Lewis

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

As if we'd have Ricardo, Castagne and Justin all vying for right back. Castagne will play on the left and then probably take over on the right next season if and when PSG get the proper Benjamin's out for Ricardo.

Should that happen, who plays left back next season if Thomas doesn’t progress and isn’t ready, especially if he goes out on loan as suggested by other posters.

We’d most likely have to play a lot more than 14 million for a new left back.

Lewis isn’t the finished article by any means, but over a 50 game season rotating with Castagne he would probably be a lot further forward in his development than Thomas and be ready to be first choice next season.

It’s low risk for a possible high return imo.

Just now, stu said:

Should that happen, who plays left back next season if Thomas doesn’t progress and isn’t ready, especially if he goes out on loan as suggested by other posters.

We’d most likely have to play a lot more than 14 million for a new left back.

Lewis isn’t the finished article by any means, but over a 50 game season rotating with Castagne he would probably be a lot further forward in his development than Thomas and be ready to be first choice next season.

It’s low risk for a possible high return imo.

We sign one next summer then. If we harboured any intention of going for Jamal Lewis we would have done this summer, easy pickings but we don't seem keen.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We sign one next summer then. If we harboured any intention of going for Jamal Lewis we would have done this summer, easy pickings but we don't seem keen.

Ha, the need for a left back next season will probably be like the need for a left footed right winger this and in the previous seasons. We’d never sign one! 

31 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Having a medical at Newcastle as we speak. Rumoured to be £15m.

...if they can get him for £15m, the prices rumoured to come to Leicester were a great deal higher!!!

Are we not aggressive in our dealings as it seems we are viewed as a pushover. Arsenal had much the same problem with Wenger involved heavily in the negotiations and was always being held to a higher price with the same player moving to another club for a lot less than quoted to Arsenal. Levy has a reputation for not messing about, we need to be more astute in our dealings.

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if they can get him for £15m, the prices rumoured to come to Leicester were a great deal higher!!!

Are we not aggressive in our dealings as it seems we are viewed as a pushover. Arsenal had much the same problem with Wenger involved heavily in the negotiations and was always being held to a higher price with the same player moving to another club for a lot less than quoted to Arsenal. Levy has a reputation for not messing about, we need to be more astute in our dealings.

I should add that, that £15m estimation was what "SSN  believed" so it could indeed be much higher... 

12 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Newcastle have got a better team than us currently 😩

Why because they have bought three players from relegated clubs, one of whom admitted to not trying. Can't think of too many Newcastle first teamers I'd want in our starting XI.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think we're aiming for better than those signings.

Maybe... or maybe we are gonna go buy players who on paper look better but are square pegs that we are gonna squeeze through round holes like we appear to have done with Castagne... 

I suppose we wont know until we eventually start getting them over the line. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Maybe... or maybe we are gonna go buy players who on paper look better but are square pegs that we are gonna squeeze through round holes like we appear to have done with Castagne... 

I suppose we wont know until we eventually start getting them over the line. 

Perhaps, but I know I'd rather have Castagne at LB over Lewis, even if he does turn out to be slightly better on the right.

I know it can be difficult to be patient, but I think we're better off waiting to get the players we really want, rather than settling for players further down the list, if we were even interested at all.

Btw, I think Fraser has shown he's not the sort of character we should be after. Glad we didn't get him in.

• Like 4