Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Total rip off! Should put all games on box office ppv then I can cancel my Sky/ Bt/ Amazon subscriptions and just watch what I want,would probably be cheaper

 than paying for matches I have absolutely no intention of watching.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I only have BT and Amazon Prime but imagine if you had all 3 providers. 

Then you get asked to pay extra to watch games on top of your subscription lol

 

Just madness. I can't comprehend it. Such an extortionate cost. 

 

These are the PPV games:

Chelsea vs Southampton

Leicester vs Villa

Newcastle vs Man Utd

Sheff Utd vs Fulham

West Brom vs Burnley 

Arsenal vs Leicester 

Villa vs Leeds

Brighton vs West Brom

Fulham vs Palace 

Liverpool vs Sheff Utd

 

So us, Fulham, Villa, Sheff Utd, West Brom all have to pay extra twice on top of any existing subscription. 

And this is just for October. 

 

There'll be thousands of chumps licking the arse of the providers and paying the extra amounts. As long as they get the extra money, they'll think it works. Therefore it'll continue. Unless there's a huge backlash (not just comments today) in terms of no payments or viewers, this kind of shit will continue. With covid going nowhere, cases on the up, there's not a chance fans are allowed back in stadiums any time soon so Sky and BT will see this as a way to churn more money out of people that can't necessarily afford it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

£15 a game 😂 fvckin disgusting in any climate but especially in this one.

The sooner modern football dies the better. The absolute state of it. They're doing a really great job of encouraging all those fans not to pick up a really easily accessible free high definition stream aren't they..

Cancel sky cancel bt and never pay these soulless corps that have destroyed the beautiful game a penny.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UniFox21 said:

Bare in mind many paid £70 for a season ticket, for a ticket that we likely won't get to sit in. Why can't that fee be used for some sort of virtual ticket? 

That's separate to be fair. Every club did something different so unless the club decides to do something totally separate and take that cost away from next season's ST then maybe. I very much doubt they'll do that. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TK95 said:

I'm sorry £15 a game is an absolute joke on top of Sky/BT subscriptions

Thats obscene. I won't be giving them any of my money for it.

 

For those who will undoubtedly ask, reddit [dot] soccerstreams [dot] net collates a list of links for each and every game. Download a decent adblocker (I use uBlock Origin) and see what you can find. Just before KO theres usually plenty of options for any PL game, the US/Canadian ones are pretty good quality. Just refresh or switch to a diff link as needed if it freezes.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's separate to be fair. Every club did something different so unless the club decides to do something totally separate and take that cost away from next season's ST then maybe. I very much doubt they'll do that. 

 

You're correct, but the idea still doesn't feel right. The club's want us to support, yet let every game sit behind up to 2 pay walls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bare in mind many paid £70 for a season ticket, for a ticket that we likely won't get to sit in. Why can't that fee be used for some sort of virtual ticket? 

Who actually voted for this?

 

Was it vote by individual clubs and majority voted for this? Or was it a Premier League decision?

 

If it was a club by club vote it'd be interesting to see how certain clubs voted, if Leicester voted for it, I think given our £70 invisible season ticket we're well within our rights to question the club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Thats obscene. I won't be giving them any of my money for it.

 

For those who will undoubtedly ask, reddit [dot] soccerstreams [dot] net collates a list of links for each and every game. Download a decent adblocker (I use uBlock Origin) and see what you can find. Just before KO theres usually plenty of options for any PL game, the US/Canadian ones are pretty good quality. Just refresh or switch to a diff link as needed if it freezes.

I agree with everything you've said but streaming football has been a frustrating experience for me in the past with stuttering and buffering and dropping out I've missed goals or even whole half's of football. 

 

As much as I'm pained to do it I'd rather 0ay the 15 quid and sit back in my arm chair and watch it on a reliable TV station. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Who actually voted for this?

 

Was it vote by individual clubs and majority voted for this? Or was it a Premier League decision?

 

If it was a club by club vote it'd be interesting to see how certain clubs voted, if Leicester voted for it, I think given our £70 invisible season ticket we're well within our rights to question the club.

I reckon it's a PL decision with Sky/BT and potentially Amazon. 

 

Doubt clubs have had much say in it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Om not too sure I understand this whole scenario.....

 

So, i have Sky sports. As I'm reading it, I can see the games that sky would be showing anyway as part of my subscription. 

 

On top of that, if I want to see any game that sky aren't showing, I can pay 15 bucks to do so? 

 

Is that right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Who actually voted for this?

 

Was it vote by individual clubs and majority voted for this? Or was it a Premier League decision?

 

If it was a club by club vote it'd be interesting to see how certain clubs voted, if Leicester voted for it, I think given our £70 invisible season ticket we're well within our rights to question the club.

Imagine it was sold to the clubs that they would get the money from the ppv takings. 

 

But don't think it was a vote it was just decided I think. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Om not too sure I understand this whole scenario.....

 

So, i have Sky sports. As I'm reading it, I can see the games that sky would be showing anyway as part of my subscription. 

 

On top of that, if I want to see any game that sky aren't showing, I can pay 15 bucks to do so? 

 

Is that right? 

Yeah. If sky or BT don't select it for their slots you have to pay for it on box office. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Who actually voted for this?

 

Was it vote by individual clubs and majority voted for this? Or was it a Premier League decision?

 

If it was a club by club vote it'd be interesting to see how certain clubs voted, if Leicester voted for it, I think given our £70 invisible season ticket we're well within our rights to question the club.

Genuinely don't know, I'd assume the league given they get profits of the ppv

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

This attitude lol Why do people come out with this for anything.

 

As with everything, people who can afford it will pay it but the whole "like it or lump it" attitude is stupid. They could charge 2k a game and you'd still say "like it or lump it".

 

The Country is a mess and people can't afford things, even more so in the current climate, but if you can then afford it then okay. But it's more than just "lumping it" for some people.

 

"Sky is just a business" is such a poor response too. This company probably hasn't been effected by Coronavirus at all. The people have. They could have easily charged £5 a game.

That’s fair enough if you’ve been priced out of this game there are plenty of local clubs who need your support if you want your football fix. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, goose2010 said:

Yeah. If sky or BT don't select it for their slots you have to pay for it on box office. 

Well, in all honesty then, the only real differance is that there is an option to pay a ridiculous fee to watch it when normally there wouldnt be a choice. 

 

As it stands, if a game isn't on sky, I either dont watch it or find a stream and now o either don't watch it, find a stream or pay £15 (I wont be).....

 

I mean, yes, its greedy AF but it only really becomes an issue if they stop picking as many games for TV to try and force PPV... Right? 

 

I must be getting the wrong end of the stick on this because everyone seems so outraged and I'm not really seeing it as a huge deal!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I agree with everything you've said but streaming football has been a frustrating experience for me in the past with stuttering and buffering and dropping out I've missed goals or even whole half's of football. 

 

As much as I'm pained to do it I'd rather 0ay the 15 quid and sit back in my arm chair and watch it on a reliable TV station. 

Its a risk, admittedly, but the buffering/dropouts is infrequent enough for me that I don't mind. Just need to remember not to look at FoxesTalk whilst its on though as its normally 1-2 mins behind lol

 

Even if I think its expensive I can understand paying for a subscription as you get more out of it than just the one game. But £15 for a single match is ridiculous and not far off some of the cheaper actual match tickets. Even worse: a NowTV sky sports day pass which gets you 24 hours of sports (not just the one game) is only a tenner, so why is a PPV game (with no extras) one-and-a-half times that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...