Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, rn9013 said:

Agreed. But ticketing again is what let’s the club down. I’d argue though that this is the first time many season ticket holders are experiencing the ticketing mess that members have to tolerate every year. 
 

If there can be any positive from this it’s that I hope the ticketing mess at our club is highlighted more widely. Edit: but I won’t hold my breath 

As a non-STH, I've been luckier than most BUT yes, it is an absolute mess. I guess it is fortunate for me that the need to attend is not as great as once it was, even if I'd like to as often as possible.

 

And call me a mug if you will, but I'll go whoever the manager is - there's a term to describe someone who picks and chooses when to turn up because of who the manager is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

You can’t get tickets for every game, you can only see 1 game in a ballot cycle which will probably mean you will see 1 in 3 games 

Not sure on this. Say 8,000 tickets are available to STH's each game. 20,000 STH's "renew" but only 16,000 are interested in actually going. Round 1, 8,000 get tickets. Round 2, another 8,000 get tickets. Round 3, this would be a new cycle. Or what if only 6,000 apply. Does it then open to everyone who went in Round 1 again?

Link to post
Share on other sites

All clubs are businesses and I appreciate we are customers. However I thought our decision makers across the various levels seemed marginally more in tune in terms of consistent pricing etc than other prem clubs, this announcement makes me think of this article. 
 

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-job-cuts-your-club-stan-kroenke-kia-joorabchian-572803

Edited by trickytrevbenjamin
Link to post
Share on other sites

We're not guaranteed to be in our usual seats too, are we? Given how prices differ around the ground, and for individual matches based on the opposition (which is ludicrous anyway), I would hope we'll have a flat rate for all parts of the ground for all matches for the three stands that aren't the Family Stand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Each club are doing it differently 

Man City are going the no up front. only pay pro rata, season ticket deferred till next season for free if you don’t want to attend this season 

 

West Ham are charging the full season ticket amount upfront or 4 monthly instalments with a £30 admin charge on top and then refunding on a pro rata basis within 30 days of the fixture that hasn’t been attended 

Man City seen to have got it right. Even West Ham's (albeit a £30 admin charge is outrageous) scheme doesn't mean that it will cost £70 if you can't (or don't want to) attend any matches. This gets worse the more it's considered. 

 

The club needs a U-turn on this pretty quickly. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

You can’t get tickets for every game, you can only see 1 game in a ballot cycle which will probably mean you will see 1 in 3 games 

So you end up paying the normal ST price for a third of the games... BARGAIN.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Corky said:

We're not guaranteed to be in our usual seats too, are we? Given how prices differ around the ground, and for individual matches based on the opposition (which is ludicrous anyway), I would hope we'll have a flat rate for all parts of the ground for all matches for the three stands that aren't the Family Stand.

Nope, prices are different depending on where your seat is allocated and which Cat of game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Is this system been thought through just by the club or is this happening at all PL clubs?

Brighton are doing a ballot but if you win you pay 1/19th of your ST cost per ticket, but you have to sit within a block that matches your ST price range.

 

No costs up front to renew either, but they have carried on paying their direct debits throughout all of this.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Brighton are doing a ballot but if you win you pay 1/19th of your ST cost per ticket, but you have to sit within a block that matches your ST price range.

 

No costs up front to renew either, but they have carried on paying their direct debits throughout all of this.

This is the perfect set up, and I can’t understand why our club haven’t grasped this is the correct way of doing it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Brighton are doing a ballot but if you win you pay 1/19th of your ST cost per ticket, but you have to sit within a block that matches your ST price range.

 

No costs up front to renew either, but they have carried on paying their direct debits throughout all of this.

That’s what all clubs should do. Great set up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’ll help you with the “for whatever reason” - they didn’t buy one when demand was at a level anyone willing to stump up could get one. The great thing about a waiting list is it’s abundantly clear that if you’re on it, you probably weren’t trying to buy a season ticket before we reached the premier league.

 

Should those people be able to attend games ahead of someone who’s held a season ticket since we were in League One? No chance.

 

If I buy a day pass to Sky every now and then rather than a subscription, I’m not a ‘loyal customer’.

Nice way to assume things about 1000’s of people there! I had a season ticket at Filbert Street and had one right through until the end of 16/17 when I had to give it up due to separating from the ex and having my young children at the weekend became a priority. Now my kids are at an age where they want to start going to games I can’t take them because I can’t get tickets. Nothing to do with not ‘stumping up when we were crap’ just a massive change in my circumstances. If I could get season tickets for the three of us I would, but as it is memberships have to do.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So this £70  we are being asked to stump up, what does it actually get you?

 

Someone a page or so back has said we will be paying full match day price and the games will be categorised, if that’s the case this stinks seeing as it’s a lucky dip for a start in getting a ticket.

 

What happens to your ST seat if you don’t stump up the £70 admin fee?

 

When does it all start as well? If it’s near the Christmas period before we are allowed in the £70 admin fee seems even less of a bargain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, promised land said:

So this £70  we are being asked to stump up, what does it actually get you?

 

Someone a page or so back has said we will be paying full match day price and the games will be categorised, if that’s the case this stinks seeing as it’s a lucky dip for a start in getting a ticket.

 

What happens to your ST seat if you don’t stump up the £70 admin fee?

 

When does it all start as well? If it’s near the Christmas period before we are allowed in the £70 admin fee seems even less of a bargain.

You pay £70 to retain your ST place and will be eligible to enter ballot draws for tickets.

 

If you don't stump it up, you'll lose your ST place.

 

Starts the first weekend in October, where they expect around 20-30% capacity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

All clubs are businesses and I appreciate we are customers. However I thought our decision makers across the various levels seemed marginally more in tune in terms of consistent pricing etc than other prem clubs, this announcement makes me think of this article. 
 

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-job-cuts-your-club-stan-kroenke-kia-joorabchian-572803

We're not customers we're fans, we can't and don't want to take our interest elsewhere.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone contacted the club on this yet?

 

If so have you had any response, if so what was the response?

 

I imagine Jim will have a very busy start to his working week come Monday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest those moaning about it grow a pair and don't pay the £70

 

How will we ever be taken seriously if we just fold and pay up despite being massively against it? 

 

Time to show some principles and stand by your views on this one. 

 

I've had a season ticket for 15 years. I will not and do not need to pay £70 just to prove my loyalty. 

 

A beer and a donut don't mean you pull this kind of shit without the backlash. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I suggest those moaning about it grow a pair and don't pay the £70

 

How will we ever be taken seriously if we just fold and pay up despite being massively against it? 

 

Time to show some principles and stand by your views on this one. 

 

I've had a season ticket for 15 years. I will not and do not need to pay £70 just to prove my loyalty. 

 

A beer and a donut don't mean you pull this kind of shit without the backlash. 

Sadly there’s always enough that will bend over and take it no matter what, I’m thinking the usual suspects on coach 1 for example.

 

Multiply this around the ground then they have enough to pat themselves on the back and say job well done chaps.

 

What irks me, we have absolutely no idea when if at all we will be back to full capacity this season, so stumping up £70 just to hold onto your seat that you won’t be sat at anyway is wrong on lots of grounds, more so if we have to then pay full price for a match ticket if your name gets pulled out the hat.

 

OS has too much confirmation to come soon on it, they dreamt up this scheme but not all the details are out, but you need to hand over the folding to keep your spot.

 

Im seriously considering giving it bollocks because it’s not the best way they could’ve handled this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Has anyone contacted the club on this yet?

 

If so have you had any response, if so what was the response?

 

I imagine Jim will have a very busy start to his working week come Monday.

Several people have said they've emailed but as the email was issued at 8.30pm on Friday night there'll be no one there to respond until Monday.

 

Poor Jim (and team) are currently Googling illnesses to report in sick on Monday :whistle:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Has anyone contacted the club on this yet?

 

If so have you had any response, if so what was the response?

 

I imagine Jim will have a very busy start to his working week come Monday.

To be fair as you well know it’s not Jim’s doing, he is just the face they all hide behind, I do feel for him at times in the role he has, more so on away days, he never stands still, certainly earns his coin.

 

As you say it’s him who will get it in the neck from fans though, he’d be better off staying in Corby next week. :) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Not sure on this. Say 8,000 tickets are available to STH's each game. 20,000 STH's "renew" but only 16,000 are interested in actually going. Round 1, 8,000 get tickets. Round 2, another 8,000 get tickets. Round 3, this would be a new cycle. Or what if only 6,000 apply. Does it then open to everyone who went in Round 1 again?

Yeah, I think a LOT of people aren't going to bother with reduced capacity. I think if you applied to every game you'd get about half, so most people will end up paying as much or even more than normal! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, promised land said:

Sadly there’s always enough that will bend over and take it no matter what, I’m thinking the usual suspects on coach 1 for example.

 

Multiply this around the ground then they have enough to pat themselves on the back and say job well done chaps.

 

What irks me, we have absolutely no idea when if at all we will be back to full capacity this season, so stumping up £70 just to hold onto your seat that you won’t be sat at anyway is wrong on lots of grounds, more so if we have to then pay full price for a match ticket if your name gets pulled out the hat.

 

OS has too much confirmation to come soon on it, they dreamt up this scheme but not all the details are out, but you need to hand over the folding to keep your spot.

 

Im seriously considering giving it bollocks because it’s not the best way they could’ve handled this. 

If you click the blue ballot cycle text in the OS article it takes you to a frequently asked questions with all the ins and outs, get out of jail clauses from the clubs point of view.

 

I guess I'm resigned to paying £220 quid to keep hold of 4 seats for when normal football returns. I have no interest in attending games with reduced capacity and having to pay up to £55 quid or whatever it is to be in the main stand.

 

I guess the club need a way to raise a million quid or so really quickly lol

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, promised land said:

To be fair as you well know it’s not Jim’s doing, he is just the face they all hide behind, I do feel for him at times in the role he has, more so on away days, he never stands still, certainly earns his coin.

 

As you say it’s him who will get it in the neck from fans though, he’d be better off staying in Corby next week. :) 

Oh yeah, i'm not pointing the finger at Jim at all.

 

He does a great job and has always helped me, top bloke and probably one of the hardest working people at the club.

 

But as you have said he's the point on contact and he'll be getting all the flack, as I said he'll be having a very busy start to his working week come Monday, hope he's got his tin hat at the ready.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...