Jump to content

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I have kept well out of this, because I really feel that loyalty has been taken for granted here, but at the same time I don't like the entitlement of some (not all, by any stretch) who have been able to not notice the prices we ordinary match-goers have had to pay for some time. 

 

It's difficult.

This has opened my eyes to it to be fair. As an ST holder I just don't have to look at what those prices are and, to be honest, I was ignorant of that. We often see pushes for away ticketing to be reduced but the home pricing needs consideration too, especially if expansion happens and there are many more match day tickets available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

This has opened my eyes to it to be fair. As an ST holder I just don't have to look at what those prices are and, to be honest, I was ignorant of that. We often see pushes for away ticketing to be reduced but the home pricing needs consideration too, especially if expansion happens and there are many more match day tickets available.

Hopefully the expansion will help in that people like myself who are spending the equivalent of a season ticket on buying individual tickets to matches will be able to get much better value for money by being able to finally get a season ticket. But as @HighPeakFox says, I do think some people are forgetting that for many of us, this is our reality all the time! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Some would have you think the club is a charitable/not-for-profit organisation. I’ve seen things like “we need to help the club in these hard times” and “the club give us so much it’s time we pay it back”. We’ve been at the chucking money in a bucket to save our club stage and I can assure you we are not there again.

 

Ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean to the club. Ticket prices are not a drop in the ocean to many fans.

 

I’m in the fortunate position that my earnings mean the financial aspect of the £70 and even the increased prices are not a huge burden. For me it’s a matter of principle. But where’s the sense of community as a fan base gone?

 

When people’s attitude is “don’t like it, don’t go” what hope do we have of football fans being able to drive meaningful change in anything? (Safe standing, ticket prices, policing at football, tv companies changing kick off times). I think it’s an indictment of what a selfish  society we have become.

Anybody would think Maddison's new contract isn't about £80k a week.

 

It's genuinely strange how these people seem to be converted to just back anything the club do. I generally stay out of it on twitter because people get personal but I'm amazed reading some of the comments.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

£70 would have already been paid by now for most people in direct debit payments. I am sure if you have no money at all and ring the club up they will sort something out for you in terms a payment plan.

There is a payment plan already £35 now £35 October the 1st 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Anything. This is the thing. It's pretty much anything the club do is staunchly backed. Tribal loyalty is a very strange thing when it comes down to how much your tickets cost.

 

Our fanbase has a distasteful "I'm alright Jack" element to it and it's gross. So long as these people can afford their ticket, make the rescheduled game without inconvenience, to hell with the rest of you.

 

It's reared it's ugly head quite badly with this situation. Whilst being able to afford the £70 it makes me pig sick. We've been given zero legitimate explanation as to this up-front cost. There's no rationality to it. That's all I really want. All this time it's just felt like "yeah, stick em for £70."

 

There's no doubt the execs in charge of the club are talented people. Increasing the commercial side, the extraordinary way they stage-managed events post title win 2016 and the terrible events of October 2018. But, guess what, like every business they get things wrong. From the per-ticket admin fees, using one of our matches as a platform to gush over a monarch, the £70-up-front debacle. There may well be more. There probably will be more.

 

We can only speculate that it's the start of a slippery slope in terms of the longer view of season & matchday ticket prices. I've been going off football for about a year now, covid and the post-covid games have further tightened this feeling, and stuff like this alienates me more.

 

Yep completely agree I was reminded earlier that something similar was done with the champions league home games where for some unspecified reason we had to buy all 3 home games together in one package 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I have kept well out of this, because I really feel that loyalty has been taken for granted here, but at the same time I don't like the entitlement of some (not all, by any stretch) who have been able to not notice the prices we ordinary match-goers have had to pay for some time. 

 

It's difficult.

I don't think anyone is 'entitled' to be honest, I hate the phrase 'entitled' that gets branded around here in various circumstances. Having expectations about things is not entitlement.

 

I think the matchday prices are a rip off, they have been for a number of years, they are at pretty much all football clubs; certainly in the top divisions. My personal choice is not to pay those prices, I will never pay those prices at any point. That is my stance.

 

If other people see fit to fill the demand by buying those tickets, that's their choice. The club will supply at whatever price people pay. If people genuinely dont like match day pricing, the only real way to stop it is to ensure the ground is empty in those areas. Of course that wont happen because as always enough people will tow the line.

 

It's like anything really, if real change is demanded, then people need to start with their own behaviours.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I don't think anyone is 'entitled' to be honest, I hate the phrase 'entitled' that gets branded around here in various circumstances. Having expectations about things is not entitlement.

 

I think the matchday prices are a rip off, they have been for a number of years, they are at pretty much all football clubs; certainly in the top divisions. My personal choice is not to pay those prices, I will never pay those prices at any point. That is my stance.

 

If other people see fit to fill the demand by buying those tickets, that's their choice. The club will supply at whatever price people pay. If people genuinely dont like match day pricing, the only real way to stop it is to ensure the ground is empty in those areas. Of course that wont happen because as always enough people will tow the line.

First of all, it's only my choice because I have no other choice if I want to attend games - so the choice is go when I can, on their terms, or lump it. And secondly, they are supplying an alternative now, and it seems people are paying it - so they/you have the same (presumably temporary) 'choice'. I have no issue with you whatsoever, I wasn't aiming at you, but you've actually made contradictory points in the above paragraphs. I hate the word 'choice' in such an instance, because it is an invidious choice where one loses either way - a loaded choice is no sort of free choice.

 

As for entitlement...it's not a phrase, it's an attitude, and although you might not consider yourself to be so (I said some, not all) there are many, many people who are horribly entitled - one does not have to go far in this forum to find them. Deny it all you like, but I cannot agree that nobody is entitled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Another thought this morning. 
 

I see lots of people on social media referring to the handouts done by the club and this is something worth giving back (£70). 
 

26k ST at £70 is £1.82 million. 
 

If we say clappers are 50p a pop, that’s a cost of £266k across an entire season. 
 

If we say 2 home giveaways at £2 per item, that’s another £112k. 
 

If we say 2 away giveaways at £4 per item (normally scarves, caps or something else), that’s £24k. 
 

That’s about £400k - my larger point if we have a season of no give aways, that’s £57 per season ticket ‘deposit’ rather than £70. I’ve had long arguments before about how I don’t care for the handouts and I’d rather have the money off the price of a ticket. 
 

Additionally my maths suggests that the club will be making about 50% of their normal matchday costs if we have crowds of 8k at £35 compared to 26k at £20. Very rough. 
 

Worthless musings you may think but the claims of ‘hard times’ are nonsense. The only hard times are those of our fans who’ve been unfortunate enough to get bad news thanks to Covid 

 

It is absolute nonsense. The free water and snacks are fine but would people really miss them if they weren't there or had never happened? 

 

People's issue was paying £70 for something they might not get, I don't see how that is a bad thing or ungrateful or whatever somebody who believes the club can do no wrong thinks.

 

Far too much importance is given to the beer and cakes. It doesn't give the club carte blanche to do what the helll they want without complaint.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The club have held season tickets at the same price for 5 years. No City fan can say hand on heart that this Ownership would deliberately stitch it's fanbase up. Will be interesting to see how other Premier League clubs handle their return to football. Doubt Leicester will be top of the villains list. It's just a damned disaster situation where you can't please everyone. 

Edited by l444ry
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know we are born.....bottom line is surely if you don’t agree with £70 don’t pay it....been a supporter since 65, took me 3 years of paying match day prices, to get a season ticket two seasons ago, and yes season tickets are great value by comparison, but by comparison to so called bigger clubs we are still good value....I sat in the Chelsea end away 2 years ago £70......which other premier owners would you prefer over ours as a matter of interest?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

£70 would have already been paid by now for most people in direct debit payments. I am sure if you have no money at all and ring the club up they will sort something out for you in terms a payment plan.

But they won't its blue and white. Pay or **** off great deal that.

 

And as I understand it for the last 25 years I've got some football in return for my money.

 

It must be an amazing position to be in to cough up for a family of 4 with no guarantee of any entertainment in return.

 

I understand that at the end of the day we will probably all end up paying. But the blind loyalty of some having spent 1000s of the years just strikes me as odd.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Markyblue
9 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Don’t know we are born.....bottom line is surely if you don’t agree with £70 don’t pay it....been a supporter since 65, took me 3 years of paying match day prices, to get a season ticket two seasons ago, and yes season tickets are great value by comparison, but by comparison to so called bigger clubs we are still good value....I sat in the Chelsea end away 2 years ago £70......which other premier owners would you prefer over ours as a matter of interest?

Bottom line is people are totally entitled to disagree with a club decision without walking away from the club completely and not paying the 70 pounds is what that would mean, also i haven't seen one person on here say that they would prefer other owners, to disagree with the odd point that the club makes does not make anyone any less loyal than those who except everything without comment,  blind allegiance to anything is as damaging as rejecting everything for the sake of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s a case of you won’t please all the people all the time....with staggered payments they have offered to help Ease the financial pressures.....again interestingly enough if we didn’t have to make some commitment, fans could walk away at anytime having had the guarantee of a season ticket Until such time as they choose not to do so.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...