2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We'll need 2 CBs to be safe. Can't depend on Morgan, if benko is good enough then we only need 1.

Absolutely 0% chance we'll sign 2 CBs IMO. We'll get one then use Morgan & Benko. Darnell Johnson I think will go out on loan.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Gosens is quality. Powerful wide player with an eye for a cross too..... looks like the andrex are back out!

Yeah he’s quality, not so much of a full back from what I’ve seen, obvs plays wing back. I don’t think we will revert back to wing backs again personally like we ended the season. 
Think that was more forced due to injuries.

This guy is a fantastic player mind 

15 minutes ago, mod hero said:
Google translation:

Gazzetta: "Gosens, a new offer of 35 million is coming: Atalanta sells it only for folly"
of 29 August 2020 at 20:30

"Robin Gosens will leave only in the face of a pharaonic offer". This is the position of Atalanta for their left side, extraordinary protagonist of the last fantasy football in defense and La Gazzetta dello Sport updates on this: “Atalanta reserves to their outsiders, the great protagonist of the season just ended, the treatment of the big names: it would start only in case of a crazy proposal. And now pay attention to Leicester which is the mysterious team that was taking action on Robin: an offer of about 35 million is ready, the Foxes have just sold Chilwell for 55 million to Chelsea. So the English club is now looking for a replacement and at this point they have some liquidity for Gosens, ”it says.
10 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Yeah he’s quality, not so much of a full back from what I’ve seen, obvs plays wing back. I don’t think we will revert back to wing backs again personally like we ended the season. 
Think that was more forced due to injuries.

This guy is a fantastic player mind 

I read someone (apologies - can't remember who) making a good case for using him in a back 4 yesterday. With the pace of Soyuncu next to him, and with Wilf nearby, we might get away with persisting through a learning curve he might need.

Besides, Ricardo is a converted winger. He's not too shabby a full-back. It can be done.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Gosens and Kabak for what we have sold Chilwell for would represent very good business. If we could shift on Slimani and a couple of others and get in a right winger and possibly a striker too, even if they are loans with options to buy next summer then we'll be in a much stronger position and hopefully compete.

Best we can do now imo. Can't see us getting a Lb/Lwb and a CB and a RW. Startinf to think 352 is our best bet. 

Hopefully we prioritise full back and CB. Perez can play right of a 433, although not ideal. Going into the season with our current back line would be a far worse scenario. 

Edited by sdb
7 minutes ago, sdb said:

Best we can do now imo. Can't see us getting a Lb/Lwb and a CB and a RW. Startinf to think 352 is our best bet. 

Hopefully we prioritise full back and CB. Perez can play right of a 433, although not ideal. Going into the season with our current back line would be a far worse scenario. 

If we're using 352 regularly we'll need another striker, Vardy and Iheanacho would be ****ed after about 8 games in a row. Hirst offers virtually nothing. Unless we stick Barnes or Perez up top?

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Gosens and Kabak for what we have sold Chilwell for would represent very good business. If we could shift on Slimani and a couple of others and get in a right winger and possibly a striker too, even if they are loans with options to buy next summer then we'll be in a much stronger position and hopefully compete.

Steady @Ric Flair, it's still early morning :unsure:

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mods, add a mouthwatering reaction will ya? This is too much.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Google translation:

Gazzetta: "Gosens, a new offer of 35 million is coming: Atalanta sells it only for folly"

of 29 August 2020 at 20:30

"Robin Gosens will leave only in the face of a pharaonic offer". This is the position of Atalanta for their left side, extraordinary protagonist of the last fantasy football in defense and La Gazzetta dello Sport updates on this: “Atalanta reserves to their outsiders, the great protagonist of the season just ended, the treatment of the big names: it would start only in case of a crazy proposal. And now pay attention to Leicester which is the mysterious team that was taking action on Robin: an offer of about 35 million is ready, the Foxes have just sold Chilwell for 55 million to Chelsea. So the English club is now looking for a replacement and at this point they have some liquidity for Gosens, ”it says.

So they’re reluctant to sell unless for a pharaoh sum of money, because he’s a fantasy football success.... seems reasonable.

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

So they’re reluctant to sell unless for a pharaoh sum of money, because he’s a fantasy football success.... seems reasonable.

I sphinx we'll get him. 

I'll get my coat 😕

• Like 1