Jump to content
Wymsey

Fan Return News/Updates

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Quite the leap you’ve taken there from what I said Markyblue... 

 

I want to ban those in at-risk health categories with pre-existing medical conditions that the NHS have determined as being particularly susceptible to Covid.

 

I know it’s en vogue mate but nothing to do with race.

Never for one minute regarded your point being race driven but the bame community is certainly been classed as higher risk so would surely be in the same bracket as over 65s and like i said many of both groups work at hospitals and are allowed in pubs etc so banning them from a open air football stadium seems extremely harsh. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Do we ban all those who have to look after the vulnerable and high risk as well? Or anyone who has a vulnerable person in their household. Men (deemed higher risk than women), those who are overweight, those of BAME heritage? Those who are diabetic?  Are we supposed to all give LCFC our medical history! As someone in their 30s who has spent five months completely alone and just gone back to the frontline of the NHS taking precautions, I have had to make informed choices about how that is possible having been deemed at moderate risk. From my experience, my mental health has suffered massively in recent weeks, and there is a point where you have to have a slice of normality. For me that is work, but as it stands that’s all I have, my life has become very isolated with little to do or look forward to. It’s one of those things where unless you’ve gone through it, it’s difficult to understand what it’s like. 
 

The notion that those who are vulnerable have something to ‘payback’ to me is very distasteful. We all protected the vulnerable, but protected each other. Even if the vulnerable have been disproportionately affected, it doesn’t mean someone without any health issues will not be affected in the same way - I have heard the tales from my paediatric colleagues of some of the impacts it has had, all be it we are aware children do not generally seem to be badly effected. We know more about this virus now, but there is still much unknown ahead. I understand people have had enough, we all have, but banning people will not change what the fan experience is going to be.  

 

If we all adhere to the guidance and follow the basics and respect each other, there’s no reason why anyone who makes an informed choice shouldn’t be as safe as possible. For everyone, not just the vulnerable, we still all need to be vigilant and sensible. I would imagine the last thing on the minds of those who are at very high risk from Covid is going to a football match, however much they miss it! I have renewed to keep hold of my season tickets. When I go back I don’t know, but I will make that choice with the information I have, and with what I feel is right. 

:appl:good post DerbyshireFox

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Two Cambridge games confirmed as test events for the Football League, allowing some fans in.

 

Both at Abbey Stadium. Football League Trophy fixture (v Fulham under 23 - 1k capacity) and first game of the season (v Carlisle - 2.5k capacity).

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what could happen......

 

Up to 300 people who attended a charity football match are being told to self-isolate after 28 people tested positive for Covid-19.

The event at Burnside Working Men's Club, in Fencehouses on the border of Sunderland and Durham, took place on 30 August.

Anyone who attended must self-isolate for 14 days from then.

Durham County Council has been working with Sunderland City Council and Public Health England to manage the response.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, davieG said:

This is what could happen......

 

Up to 300 people who attended a charity football match are being told to self-isolate after 28 people tested positive for Covid-19.

The event at Burnside Working Men's Club, in Fencehouses on the border of Sunderland and Durham, took place on 30 August.

Anyone who attended must self-isolate for 14 days from then.

Durham County Council has been working with Sunderland City Council and Public Health England to manage the response.

But Dominic Cummings said Durham was the safest place in the whole wide world, and Boris backed him up...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2020 at 19:06, DerbyshireFox said:

Do we ban all those who have to look after the vulnerable and high risk as well? Or anyone who has a vulnerable person in their household. Men (deemed higher risk than women), those who are overweight, those of BAME heritage? Those who are diabetic?  Are we supposed to all give LCFC our medical history! As someone in their 30s who has spent five months completely alone and just gone back to the frontline of the NHS taking precautions, I have had to make informed choices about how that is possible having been deemed at moderate risk. From my experience, my mental health has suffered massively in recent weeks, and there is a point where you have to have a slice of normality. For me that is work, but as it stands that’s all I have, my life has become very isolated with little to do or look forward to. It’s one of those things where unless you’ve gone through it, it’s difficult to understand what it’s like. 
 

The notion that those who are vulnerable have something to ‘payback’ to me is very distasteful. We all protected the vulnerable, but protected each other. Even if the vulnerable have been disproportionately affected, it doesn’t mean someone without any health issues will not be affected in the same way - I have heard the tales from my paediatric colleagues of some of the impacts it has had, all be it we are aware children do not generally seem to be badly effected. We know more about this virus now, but there is still much unknown ahead. I understand people have had enough, we all have, but banning people will not change what the fan experience is going to be.  

 

If we all adhere to the guidance and follow the basics and respect each other, there’s no reason why anyone who makes an informed choice shouldn’t be as safe as possible. For everyone, not just the vulnerable, we still all need to be vigilant and sensible. I would imagine the last thing on the minds of those who are at very high risk from Covid is going to a football match, however much they miss it! I have renewed to keep hold of my season tickets. When I go back I don’t know, but I will make that choice with the information I have, and with what I feel is right. 

An excellent post from the heart which for me absolutely sums things up right. We all have our different thresholds both physically and mentally and the latter, albeit that we're supposed to be in a more enlightened era, remains unacknowledged by some.

 

I bet we're all gagging to get back down there if nothing else, for a sense of normality. However, we all have to recognise and appreciate that our individual thresholds differ. It will be quite a while before I go back down due to age and underlying health issues. Am I less of a supporter? Not in my mind. Am I being a bit of a wimp? Again, not in my mind, we just have to make informed personal judgements the best we can. Whoever gets my seat I'm really pleased for you, particularly if you are one of those who can't usually get in. Enjoy and stay safe!

 

As for you DerbyshireFox, great post and good luck and thank you for whatever it is you do in the NHS. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/09/2020 at 16:03, Stoopid said:

I'm over 65, and basically it's all my bleeding fault.

Sorry about that everyone. . 

I have to take part of the blame too, as a disabled person. I can only apologise for the part I've played in this pandemic. 

 

I certainly shouldn't be allowed to go to the football and forget about all the stuff we've all been through over the last few months for a couple of hours!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK could see a second spike in coronavirus cases if young people don't follow social distancing rules, the health secretary says.

A third of all cases in England last week were people aged between 20 and 29.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, davieG said:

The UK could see a second spike in coronavirus cases if young people don't follow social distancing rules, the health secretary says.

A third of all cases in England last week were people aged between 20 and 29.

Just lock down all the 20-29 year olds then the rest of us can carry on.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

An excellent post from the heart which for me absolutely sums things up right. We all have our different thresholds both physically and mentally and the latter, albeit that we're supposed to be in a more enlightened era, remains unacknowledged by some.

 

I bet we're all gagging to get back down there if nothing else, for a sense of normality. However, we all have to recognise and appreciate that our individual thresholds differ. It will be quite a while before I go back down due to age and underlying health issues. Am I less of a supporter? Not in my mind. Am I being a bit of a wimp? Again, not in my mind, we just have to make informed personal judgements the best we can. Whoever gets my seat I'm really pleased for you, particularly if you are one of those who can't usually get in. Enjoy and stay safe!

 

As for you DerbyshireFox, great post and good luck and thank you for whatever it is you do in the NHS. 

Thank you, much appreciated :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davieG said:

The UK could see a second spike in coronavirus cases if young people don't follow social distancing rules, the health secretary says.

A third of all cases in England last week were people aged between 20 and 29.

But the rise in "cases" are positive tests.... not a rise in admissions to hospital...much or mortuary.   It is perhaps because they are testing lists of 20s andc30s... who have low load infections.  These cases arent a problem in themselves.   Mad thing is the gov use these figures to lock down towns and stop us from going to watch football

Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed the club have said they are aiming for October 3rd weekend for allowing people in, they also say that ballots will be ran 3 weeks before the game, so does that mean we are expecting a ballot this coming weekend? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Noticed the club have said they are aiming for October 3rd weekend for allowing people in, they also say that ballots will be ran 3 weeks before the game, so does that mean we are expecting a ballot this coming weekend? 

When do the TV choices come out? Surely it's better to wait for those and you can let the club know if you can't make it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Corky said:

When do the TV choices come out? Surely it's better to wait for those and you can let the club know if you can't make it.


I don’t know but this is what the club say in the FAQS 

 

What if I win a ballot and the game is moved for TV? 

Ballots will be opened approximately three weeks before each fixture, meaning TV selections will have already taken place. Fixtures are always subject to change, but the date of the ballot heavily mitigates the risk to supporters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corky said:

When do the TV choices come out? Surely it's better to wait for those and you can let the club know if you can't make it.

It used to be more than 3 weeks before games, I'm sure. They usually do 2 months at a time. Although there are sometimes a few minor changes closer to the matches. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Gatherings of groups of more than 6 banned in England from Monday. Not looking good for October return.

Based on other entertainment events I’ve been looking at March next year at the very earliest to reach any sort of “normality” 

 

most events/concerts that I had booked this year are mostly rescheduled for May next year 

 

I had several events booked over a 6 month period for this year and they are now scheduled to happen over 3 weeks in May 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...