Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

ROSE

15 hours ago, teblin said:

A season long loan for rose isn’t the worst idea in my opinion, knows the league. Maybe we are planning on Thomas getting game time, have someone like rose around might help.

I was against us signing him and think hes a bit of a tool but if it's just a loan and frees up money to be spent on a winger then I'd be fine with that. We still have Fuchs as well and Thomas looked a good player in the final few games of the season. 

29 minutes ago, Guest said:

I would also like enlightening here. As far as I can tell he objects to being racially abused and that's about it

He also said he had no intention of leaving Spurs when it came out that Daniel Levy had tried to sell him without actually telling him and he then, quite rightly, had a pop at Matt Hancock when Hancock tried to deflect attention from his own inadequacies by blaming footballers for not contributing more to the Corona virus effort. I can't see what the problem is to be honest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, dooflip said:

This is the only reason I would be ok with this. If the club feel Thomas is more or less ready but just want a safety net if you like, with room to spend in other areas where we need it, I would trust the decision.

lets face it, Thomas at left back is much more competent than several of our wingers.

Did you not watch the games he played in? Great delivery, awful defending at times.needs a year on loan at least

7 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

He also said he had no intention of leaving Spurs when it came out that Daniel Levy had tried to sell him without actually telling him and he then, quite rightly, had a pop at Matt Hancock when Hancock tried to deflect attention from his own inadequacies by blaming footballers for not contributing more to the Corona virus effort. I can't see what the problem is to be honest.

True. He did say he can’t wait to retire as well I think. To me that tells me his hearts not in it and it’s just a job for him.

not for me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

True. He did say he can’t wait to retire as well I think. To me that tells me his hearts not in it and it’s just a job for him.

not for me

Well fair enough if he said that. I think IIRC he's had issues with depression hasn't he? Was saying that in relation to his depression? I agree that it's not what you want to hear though is it?

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Well fair enough if he said that. I think IIRC he's had issues with depression hasn't he? Was saying that in relation to his depression? I agree that it's not what you want to hear though is it?

He said off the back of another footballer being racially abused, might have been Ballotelli. 

If his heads not right (depression) then might not be a good idea to get him in.

Reading five pages of your rapturous and giddy comments has made me so certain he will be our first signing that I'd happily put twenty on it down the bookies. His signing will also allow me to practice misspelling Congerton's name. I'm excited, you're excited, let's get this done. He's ex-spurs to boot, surely the icing on the cake. I can almost see Congeron's smiling face violently pierce through a sea of disgruntled supporters. It's popcorn time. I'll sign up to tiktok if you promise to live stream your reactions.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Guest said:

I would also like enlightening here. As far as I can tell he objects to being racially abused and that's about it

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

He was strongly rumoured (but it was never confirmed I don't think) to be the bad apple in the THFC dressing room. Toby Alderweireld mentioned something about a now 'ex Tottenham Hotspur' player was the cause behind the unrest. This was just a few days after he was sent out on loan and not long after he had a bust up with Mourinho. Add to this the fact he said he's looking at retiring, his head isn't really in the game anymore, he's suffered mental health issues and the fact that his ability hasn't always been that great anyway IMO, it just looks like a bad move all round.

He may well come here and be a decent first teamer, but from what I've seen, from Spurs fans comments and from Newcastle fans comments, I just can't seeing it being a successful move for us.

• Like 1

I'd rather not, he's dropped off in the past year or two and has openly admitted he 'doesn't even like playing football'. While part of me likes to think a change of scenery could win him round, I also fear we'd have a dud on our hands who would be a drain on the mentality of those around him.

If this one does happen? Well, there's the biggest test of Brendan's man management skills right there.

Edited by OntarioFox

This guy needs a chance and to surround himself with the right people. He has obviously gone through hard times and is fighting to rebuild his career. I believe our club set up from the owners to the new training ground will provide him with a safe environment to thrive. I would love to see him here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mod hero said:

He said off the back of another footballer being racially abused, might have been Ballotelli. 

If his heads not right (depression) then might not be a good idea to get him in.

You can’t discriminate just because you think his head maybe “not right”. I think you’d be shocked how many people are affected by depression and how consuming it can be. The fact that he has the balls to come out and admit it yet carry on playing , carry on campaigning for racial equality for me ... actually this makes him someone that would be wanted within a team. The narrow mindedness and well other opinions expressed by some posters on this forum ... leaves me exasperated. 

it’s like how he has been labelled a bad egg as he wanted to know where the wage reduction was going ... or because he stands up for equality. For me they are positive attributes. Perhaps opinions are based on more obvious characteristics ?

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

You can’t discriminate just because you think his head maybe “not right”. I think you’d be shocked how many people are affected by depression and how consuming it can be. The fact that he has the balls to come out and admit it yet carry on playing , carry on campaigning for racial equality for me ... actually this makes him someone that would be wanted within a team. The narrow mindedness and well other opinions expressed by some posters on this forum ... leaves me exasperated. 

it’s like home being labelled a bad egg as he wanted to know where the wage reduction was going ... or because he stands up for equality. For me they are positive attributes. Perhaps opinions are based on more obvious characteristics ?

Thought this was coming. 

There’s no discrimination here mate. A simple observation that if he is struggling with mental health and saying that he can’t wait to retire, it might not be a bad thing to leave this one alone.

I have friends and family that have struggled with depression so I’m not shocked at all and don’t even try and pull me into the equality and race debate. Not for me.

As I said above. IMO should leave this one alone and go for someone who is hungry and actually wants to play football.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Thought this was coming. 

There’s no discrimination here mate. A simple observation that if he is struggling with mental health and saying that he can’t wait to retire, it might not be a bad thing to leave this one alone.

I have friends and family that have struggled with depression so I’m not shocked at all and don’t even try and pull me into the equality and race debate. Not for me.

As I said above. IMO should leave this one alone and go for someone who is hungry and actually wants to play football.

Fair enough for replying. I think this has  a little of the huth and more obvious simmo moves ... this could be a shrewd move ala Fuchs thinking about it. My post wasn’t just in reference to you fyi 

I think his exact quote was ‘he can’t wait to see the back of football’ I just don’t want to see anyone with that attitude at my club, although I’m sure there’s a good few professionals that might share that opinion that just don’t mention it, the point remains.

He’s had to deal with racist abuse, and mental health concerns which he has my sympathy for, but ultimately I just get the feeling we’d not get 100% effort and commitment from a player that doesn’t have his heart in it. Didn’t see Newcastle scrambling around to keep him at the club after his loan either.

Add to that I never thought he was THAT good to begin with, certainly not the calibre Glenn Hoddle made him out to be at every opportunity.

• Like 1