Jump to content
Adster

"Hot" Threads

Recommended Posts

What is the specific criteria the site uses to flag a thread as "Hot"? I'm guessing the thread needs x amount of posts within a certain time period, but what are the specifics? 

 

Not sure if it's just me, but I feel like the criteria for making a thread "hot" has gone down..that or more people are using the forum :D

 

Regardless, can the criteria be heightened or controlled when actual news is available? I remember a few years back the excitement of a thread going "Hot". But now it's either just a few posts in a short space of time, or fish puns, or something else..:whistle:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Adster said:

What is the specific criteria the site uses to flag a thread as "Hot"? I'm guessing the thread needs x amount of posts within a certain time period, but what are the specifics? 

You're right but it's not been altered in 4 years, I think its often like this during transfer windows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mark said:

You're right but it's not been altered in 4 years, I think its often like this during transfer windows.

Fair enough Mark, maybe it's just me! I just don't recall so many threads getting so hot during previous transfer windows..maybe the frustrations over not signing anyone is tipping people over the edge...:whistle:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be more cynical. I always assume a hot thread in transfer talk is just being spammed by idiots trying to force puns that don't work, so I'm never disappointed.

 

(Aware someone's going to be tempted to reply to this with a bad pun. Well done you.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Just be more cynical. I always assume a hot thread in transfer talk is just being spammed by idiots trying to force puns that don't work, so I'm never disappointed.

 

(Aware someone's going to be tempted to reply to this with a bad pun. Well done you.)

Bad pun

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Walkers said:

Don't get why it offends people tbh. Hot threads can appear during a debate or conversation, doesn't mean everyone is jumping in reacting to a bit of breaking news.

 

That said I can understand the frustration of hot threads with fish puns


I agree ...  modern forward thinking football forums are no plaice for fish puns ...   their only porpoise is just to antagonise people.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuine question - what's the need for the 'hot' thread icon anyway? If it's there just to signify lots of conversation then people just have to realise that and lower their own expectations. Does it help with anything else externally to the site? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...