Jump to content
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, happy85 said:

West Brom have had talks with Leicester City Striker Islam Slimani But also have other targets in mind (Via Sky Sports)

Part of me would like too see this, and see how he does in the EPL, just not with us.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, happy85 said:

West Brom have had talks with Leicester City Striker Islam Slimani But also have other targets in mind (Via Sky Sports)

He'd be a great signing for West Brom.

 

A player with good experience and an out and out striker. A good finisher who is good in the air, he comes with a great pedigree and tore up Ligue One last season. For what he would cost the Baggies in the overall package then they're not going to get better value for money elsewhere methinks. 

 

14 starts for Monaco last season returned 9 goals and 7 assists, that's top drawer and I'm amazed someone hasn't snapped him up so far. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He'd be a great signing for West Brom.

 

A player with good experience and an out and out striker. A good finisher who is good in the air, he comes with a great pedigree and tore up Ligue One last season. For what he would cost the Baggies in the overall package then they're not going to get better value for money elsewhere methinks. 

 

14 starts for Monaco last season returned 9 goals and 7 assists, that's top drawer and I'm amazed someone hasn't snapped him up so far. 

 

I think many clubs around Europe would like to snap him up but I imagine his wages would rule about 90% of them out.

 

I do agree with you though, he will end up being a great signing for somebody

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

 

I think many clubs around Europe would like to snap him up but I imagine his wages would rule about 90% of them out.

 

I do agree with you though, he will end up being a great signing for somebody

I thought Tottenham might have signed him as their reserve striker or plenty of the richer clubs in France or a PL team. Slimani has been linked with Man Utd and PSG this year so you would have thought he would be a good signing for someone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slimani is an odd one for sure.

 

Potentially lethal in front of goal, given the right service. However I feel we’d need to adapt how we play to suit it. It’s okay saying plan B, however we don’t play that game at all. 
 

He’d be a good foil as a 2nd striker like he was for Ben Yedder. Even if we’re substituting 50% of his wages though, he needs to leave for the good of himself and the club. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I thought Tottenham might have signed him as their reserve striker or plenty of the richer clubs in France or a PL team. Slimani has been linked with Man Utd and PSG this year so you would have thought he would be a good signing for someone. 

He will get a move in the final few days of the window to a big club if they fail to land their main targets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He will get a move in the final few days of the window to a big club if they fail to land their main targets.

I wonder if that’s what he’s waiting on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gerard said:

He'd be a great signing for West Brom.

 

A player with good experience and an out and out striker. A good finisher who is good in the air, he comes with a great pedigree and tore up Ligue One last season. For what he would cost the Baggies in the overall package then they're not going to get better value for money elsewhere methinks. 

 

14 starts for Monaco last season returned 9 goals and 7 assists, that's top drawer and I'm amazed someone hasn't snapped him up so far. 

Those are some impressive stats, I'm surprised we haven't got more low to mid level PL clubs after him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think they've got a new rule that bans or limits foreign players.

Yes, I believe the salary cap is $3.3m per year. Oscar is on $26m a year, so doubt he’ll be renewing his contract. 
 

The limit is also 4 foreign players in the match day squad, with only 3 on the pitch at any one time. 
 

...... I think. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gerard said:

He'd be a great signing for West Brom.

 

A player with good experience and an out and out striker. A good finisher who is good in the air, he comes with a great pedigree and tore up Ligue One last season. For what he would cost the Baggies in the overall package then they're not going to get better value for money elsewhere methinks. 

 

14 starts for Monaco last season returned 9 goals and 7 assists, that's top drawer and I'm amazed someone hasn't snapped him up so far. 

 

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

 

I think many clubs around Europe would like to snap him up but I imagine his wages would rule about 90% of them out.

 

I do agree with you though, he will end up being a great signing for somebody

A Good Management team...could get Slimani and the LCFC  squad on the same page. Get the experienced players & Slim around the table,for the good of the Club and importantly the simple professionalism....Let the players talk it out and come to some reasonable respect & acceptance...

Ffs it aint Rocket science..!!!

 

Playing Devils advocat, any LCFC Legends disgruntled with Slimani, & tother Way round,have wasted the clubs money,the fans patience...

Slimani if not pfaffing around & playing  elsewhere on loan ,would be more than a usefull squad member. Please note!!!  All Parties including fans,we are playing

his high wages....He might of been that Player who could of kept is in the Top 4, with our Frontline needing Desperate cover....

Mahrez could be a miserable bugger,but we shown patience with him...I

I cant believe for One moment,that Profi-players & a Professional ran club,with some wise words from Top & before his passing,his father,couldnt have put their

Business hat on,und had words with the relevant begrudging Parties.. The Real Big  clubs would of sorted it...!!!

 

If we are paying his wages, we get Frontline injuries again, All Management levels should of been by Now getting their Act together,and sometimes interfere..!!

Its pathetic,that a Club crying out to achieve & Aspire to higher consistent top League levels,can afford to have players like Slimani & Silva,sitting on their Loan  arses,taking the clubs wages...

There are no mitigating circumstances...!!! Und no I Dont believe this crap that Vardy or Schmeichel would do a strop & disadvantage the team if told,he will be selected...That idea comes from fans agitators & shit stirring fisherwives....Real Men get on with their lives & their game..!!

Vardy,Schmeichel,Morgan will have the Dressing room,with Soyu & Evans has bodyguards cover..Slimani will want to fit in...

A Bit of King Solomons wisdom,would not go amiss....in

 

If we cant find an out n out striker, or  Transfer Slimani, then he should get a squad number,and be Made to buckle down, and with support integrate into our Frontline rescources...of :-

Vardy,Barnes,Nacho,Under,Ayrez, you throw Slim in the mix,with either Barnes,Under,Albrighton supplying the crosses, you can Build

a decent 4 competition, competitive group of players,with Plan A-B-C Cover, permatations and rotation

 

Its time we Grew up and realise actually what we have got, if we fail in the Transfer market; both directions...

If Need be, bring Silva into the mix,leave no squad Nr  empty....

After being bounced around both Slimani & Silva ,I believe would Welcome the chance...

 

Then also Think of Covid-implications & weakened selection choice...

We do have the Player rescources,Time to get them training,excercising and Yes bonding together & Stop playing silly-buggers..!!!

Rodgers cant say he hasnt the decent players ( if Not actually the Dream players) available..!!

 

 

 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

 

A Good Management team...could get Slimani and the LCFC  squad on the same page. Get the experienced players & Slim around the table,for the good of the Club and importantly the simple professionalism....Let the players talk it out and come to some reasonable respect & acceptance...

Ffs it aint Rocket science..!!!

 

Playing Devils advocat, any LCFC Legends disgruntled with Slimani, & tother Way round,have wasted the clubs money,the fans patience...

Slimani if not pfaffing around & playing  elsewhere on loan ,would be more than a usefull squad member. Please note!!!  All Parties including fans,we are playing

his high wages....He might of been that Player who could of kept is in the Top 4, with our Frontline needing Desperate cover....

Mahrez could be a miserable bugger,but we shown patience with him...I

I cant believe for One moment,that Profi-players & a Professional ran club,with some wise words from Top & before his passing,his father,couldnt have put their

Business hat on,und had words with the relevant begrudging Parties.. The Real Big  clubs would of sorted it...!!!

 

If we are paying his wages, we get Frontline injuries again, All Management levels should of been by Now getting their Act together,and sometimes interfere..!!

Its pathetic,that a Club crying out to achieve & Aspire to higher consistent top League levels,can afford to have players like Slimani & Silva,sitting on their Loan  arses,taking the clubs wages...

There are no mitigating circumstances...!!! Und no I Dont believe this crap that Vardy or Schmeichel would do a strop & disadvantage the team if told,he will be selected...That idea comes from fans agitators & shit stirring fisherwives....Real Men get on with their lives & their game..!!

Vardy,Schmeichel,Morgan will have the Dressing room,with Soyu & Evans has bodyguards cover..Slimani will want to fit in...

A Bit of King Solomons wisdom,would not go amiss....in

 

If we cant find an out n out striker, or  Transfer Slimani, then he should get a squad number,and be Made to buckle down, and with support integrate into our Frontline rescources...of :-

Vardy,Barnes,Nacho,Under,Ayrez, you throw Slim in the mix,with either Barnes,Under,Albrighton supplying the crosses, you can Build

a decent 4 competition, competitive group of players,with Plan A-B-C Cover, permatations and rotation

 

Its time we Grew up and realise actually what we have got, if we fail in the Transfer market; both directions...

If Need be, bring Silva into the mix,leave no squad Nr  empty....

After being bounced around both Slimani & Silva ,I believe would Welcome the chance...

 

Then also Think of Covid-implications & weakened selection choice...

We do have the Player rescources,Time to get them training,excercising and Yes bonding together & Stop playing silly-buggers..!!!

Rodgers cant say he hasnt the decent players ( if Not actually the Dream players) available..!!

 

 

 

Slim has had enough chances home or away on loan to impress and no one wants him to sign permanently... go figure. GET RID move onto bigger and better things

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Simoken said:

Slim has had enough chances home or away on loan to impress and no one wants him to sign permanently... go figure. GET RID move onto bigger and better things

I said if we cant off-load him..Plus some Fans still like him....opinions are opinions,but One has to be prudent & clever and use "All" Resources available

Especially when your bucketting wages....und have 3-4 competitions to get through with players down on the frontline...

Edited by fuchsntf
Link to post
Share on other sites

What on earth is happening with Diabate ?  We get loads of posts and updates on Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal, but no mention of 'The 4th Man'.  He's in exactly the same 'limbo state' as the other 3, but while they're constantly linked with possible moves away, there is nothing on Diabate.  Could it be that BR is thinking of keeping him (he is only 24 - unlike the 'oldies' - and so might have a future with us).  He obviously impressed (a bit !) in his 1 season at the KP and did OK at Amiens last year.  Has anyone heard anything about him this summer ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

What on earth is happening with Diabate ?  We get loads of posts and updates on Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal, but no mention of 'The 4th Man'.  He's in exactly the same 'limbo state' as the other 3, but while they're constantly linked with possible moves away, there is nothing on Diabate.  Could it be that BR is thinking of keeping him (he is only 24 - unlike the 'oldies' - and so might have a future with us).  He obviously impressed (a bit !) in his 1 season at the KP and did OK at Amiens last year.  Has anyone heard anything about him this summer ?

Went on trial to hashtag United, but was deemed not good enough 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I said if we cant off-load him..Plus some Fans still like him....opinions are opinions,but One has to be prudent & clever and use "All" Resources available

Especially when your bucketting wages....und have 3-4 competitions to get through with players down on the frontline...

The management seem to be happy to waste other people's money until the day there won't be any left. The Marseille syndrome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blue Collar said:

The management seem to be happy to waste other people's money until the day there won't be any left. The Marseille syndrome.

One still should look at resources available,even those put onto the back larder shelves.....The Fuchsntf syndrome...:P

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fuchsntf said:

One still should look at resources available,even those put onto the back larder shelves.....The Fuchsntf syndrome...:P

Lampard about his goalie: 'Kepa has all my support', meaning 'we still trust him to do the job for us, now how about giving us a check for 50 million and you can have him...no?...40 million?'

Rodgers: 'The 3 indesirables have no place in Leicester...their sight repulses me...oh god, take them away, now'

Other clubs: 'OK, can I have Slim, please?'

Management: 'That would be 8 million for him'

O.C: 'What? It's a rip off...your manager said he doesn't want them...we'll pay car-boot rate. Stick this poney in your pocket. Common Slim, get in the car...mind you he does run awkwardly.'

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Blue Collar said:

Lampard about his goalie: 'Kepa has all my support', meaning 'we still trust him to do the job for us, now how about giving us a check for 50 million and you can have him...no?...40 million?'

Rodgers: 'The 3 indesirables have no place in Leicester...their sight repulses me...oh god, take them away, now'

Other clubs: 'OK, can I have Slim, please?'

Management: 'That would be 8 million for him'

O.C: 'What? It's a rip off...your manager said he doesn't want them...we'll pay car-boot rate. Stick this poney in your pocket. Common Slim, get in the car...mind you he does run awkwardly.'

Not really. A blind man can see they have no future at the club; saying it out loud doesn't change that. I mean, there's even an online forum for clubs trying to unload players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...