happy85

Dave Rennie sacked by BR

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Richard keys surprised no one has signed Deeney

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Wrong thread

Maybe we should ask what Richard Keys thoughts on PhDs and the medical profession are.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Katy said:

I think Dave has a PhD which means he can go by the title Dr but hes not an actual doctor. Not sure what the problem was with having a very highly qualified and experienced physio and a Club GP, unless it goes deeper than that which knowing Leicester, it probably does.

People who have a PhD are doctors or philosophy and are called Dr.

People with a degree in medicine call themselves doctor - but they are not ... unless they have a PhD. IT is a mute point if vets can call themselves doctors (unless they have PhD)'

So - most medical doctors are not doctors... if that makes sense.

Hospital consultants call themselves Mister/Mrs/Miss - to avoid being confused with the "faux doctors".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

People with a degree in medicine call themselves doctor - but they are not ... unless they have a PhD. IT is a mute point if vets can call themselves doctors (unless they have PhD)'

Hospital consultants call themselves Mister/Mrs/Miss - to avoid being confused with the "faux doctors".

All medical doctors are doctors, mostjust dont have doctorates.

Hospital consultants allgo by Dr,unless they choose to become surgeons, in which case they revert back to Mr/Ms only after passing their final surgical specialtyexam.

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Sounds to me like a few people are doctoring their titles....

16 hours ago, Katy said:

Ok. Hes not a medical Dr. My sister has a PhD in History. She uses the title Dr but is not permitted to performlobotomies or things like that.

Id forgotten how the spitting of hairs is aprerequisite tobeing a member ofFoxesTalk.

How quickly they forget.:rolleyes::unsure::whistle:

19 hours ago, Katy said:

Ok. Hes not a medical Dr. My sister has a PhD in History. She uses the title Dr but is not permitted to performlobotomies or things like that.

Id forgotten how the spitting of hairs is aprerequisite tobeing a member ofFoxesTalk.

I like to save mine up until I have a furball of significance....

God, we love a conspiracy dont we. Dave Rennie has been made redundant. The redundancyprocess is probably based on the clubs need for a full time Dr. Said Dr would probably,based on his qualifications pull rank and more importantly be paid more then a head physio - thats life.

Rennie was probably asked do you want a new role in the set up but youll have to answer to the Qualified Dr we acquire (because no Dr is going to report into a physio). Rennie probably said no and the redundancy process was followed through. I dont blame Rennie if that was the case, hes an experienced individual but perhaps the Club felt they needed a different structure, which again, I can understand.

If the club looked to get rid of him because of leaks, player influence etc etc. That would be a genuine claim for redundancy process not being followed correctly - it could possibly amount to unfair dismissal. Restructuring of a department, which is occurring here, is a genuine process for redundancy.

I think we are looking a bit too much into this.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Katy said:

Is that splitting hairs with a scalpel?:ph34r:

• 1 month later...