Just now, Paninistickers said:

Who the fack spotted this dude?

His acquisition is so good it's disgusting. Criminal. 

Genuinely why is our recruitment so good? He was playing CL football so not under the radar by any means. Do we just have the right environment to allow good players to succeed and become great players or is our recruitment the best in the world?

49 minutes ago, Shane said:

Surely he will get September player of the month? 

The last defenders to win the award were:

TAA - Dec '19

VVD - Dec '18

Vertonghen - Mar '13

Luiz - Mar '11

and then, weirdly,

Jagielka - Feb '09

Vidic - Jan '09

Young - Dec '08

Young - Sep '08

Young - Apr '08

TAA has been the media's favourite for ages (and basically plays midfield anyway) and VVD won player of the year that year. Otherwise, defenders just don't get a look in, lately. As much as Castagne probably deserves it, it'll go to Calvert-Lewin purely for his goal tally (Vardy matched it but has had 4 pens).

• Sad 2
5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Surely you put Ricky on the left with Castange producing displays like this and assisting like he  is

If Ricky was fit and available for selection tomorrow, he might not get in. The best RB in Europe. 

Is this some kind of macabre joke? The best RB in Europe unable to make our team? 😂

Just now, Vardinio'sCat said:

Outstanding start, he must have 3 lungs or something.

Like all Belgian's, he is trained to get his head up as much as possible.

The Belgian junior philosophy is so simple too. 

The make kids play 2 v 2 and 3 v 3 all the time. You learn to do it all. 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

Genuinely why is our recruitment so good? He was playing CL football so not under the radar by any means. Do we just have the right environment to allow good players to succeed and become great players or is our recruitment the best in the world?

Seems to me the club culture created by Vichai and nurtured by the likes of Wes, Kasper, JV, Fuchs, Albrighton, James, Kingy et al give new players confidence and feel involved. Belvoir Drive must be a good place to work at. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Seems to me the club culture created by Vichai and nurtured by the likes of Wes, Kasper, JV, Fuchs, Albrighton, James, Kingy et al give new players confidence and feel involved. Belvoir Drive must be a good place to work at. 

I think that definitely is a large part of it and most players look like they enjoy being part of the group and that definitely creates a real togetherness. I do think we recruit in the Fergie mould by making sure we're bringing the right personalities into the club as well as the talent as I can't think of any bad eggs we've had since Beckford. 

On 20/09/2020 at 22:40, Fox in the North said:

Surely Ricardo and Timmy can just swap sides every now and then during a game? 

If they are comfortable playing on both sides it could cause all sorts of problems for other team and mean we don’t need to worry about playing them in fixed left or right back positions.

His confidence is amazing, he keeps winning the ball again and again, and his calmness and football brain are right up there.

From the first three outings i would say its the best player in the first three games since signing ever. I don't know any other player who has made such an impact in the first 3 games. Perhaps Stan Collymore?