Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'll drop you a hint - he won't admit he got it wrong.

It is weird. Apparently I'm targeting him if I pick up on it. But he basically thought we played a back 3, then tried to cover it up by claiming he meant something else which also didn't make sense. If you realise you said something daft just hold your hands up, or run off and hide, don't double down by making an equally stupid comment. Then maybe people won't "target" him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It is weird. Apparently I'm targeting him if I pick up on it. But he basically thought we played a back 3, then tried to cover it up by claiming he meant something else which also didn't make sense. If you realise you said something daft just hold your hands up, or run off and hide, don't double down by making an equally stupid comment. Then maybe people won't "target" him.

You don't need to tell me fella :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It is weird. Apparently I'm targeting him if I pick up on it. But he basically thought we played a back 3, then tried to cover it up by claiming he meant something else which also didn't make sense. If you realise you said something daft just hold your hands up, or run off and hide, don't double down by making an equally stupid comment. Then maybe people won't "target" him.

He always tries to find odd and desperate ways, to avoid praising Big Dan outright, if he plays well it’s always because of something else, not Big Dan as an individual.

 

4 hours and still no response, he’s probably attending to his Lee Cattermole and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas scrapbooks.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Fktf

Big Dan is solid against teams where we spend a long time defending. The haters will be back after the games where we have to break a low block, though. He won't offer enough going forward for the style we play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's remarkable how any realistic criticism of a performance gets you labeled as a hater and you should "get the ban".  Grow up.

 

No one is saying Amartey isn't a good squad player, or a nice depth option to have around.  No one is saying he eats babies or goes clubbing without a mask.  But if you actually watched what went on yesterday, it was pretty obvious that he shouldn't be starting as a RB if there are decent alternatives available (whether one thinks Thomas or Fuchs as a LB are is a matter of debate).  He was a bomb scare every time he was in possession, which directly led to at least two near-goals for Liverpud.  It was only because of how dire Albrighton was that he wasn't our worst player.  Not questioning his effort or his desire, or even his strength in the air.  But being realistic about the performance doesn't make you a hater.  And the fact that Liverpool imploded and gifted us three points doesn't mean that everyone who played for us was brilliant.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pleased for him yesterday. Yes he gave the ball away a few times but he was strong and made some great tackles that kept us in the game. I think he will improve if he remains injury free which has been an issue during his career.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been with us for five years now and while he's probably never going to recreate that run from box to box in the Copenhagen YouTube video it is hard to want much more from a player of his squad status. Whenever he's called upon he's going to put his body on the line no questions asked. He'd probably look more than serviceable alongside Evans and either Soyuncu or Fofana on the right-side of a back three if he had a run of games. In the meantime he can fill in at RB and DM in a pinch especially in competitions of lesser priority. He's had a weird career especially with us. Barely played 50 games in the 5 years he's had here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2021 at 03:36, Deeg67 said:

It's remarkable how any realistic criticism of a performance gets you labeled as a hater and you should "get the ban".  Grow up.

 

No one is saying Amartey isn't a good squad player, or a nice depth option to have around.  No one is saying he eats babies or goes clubbing without a mask.  But if you actually watched what went on yesterday, it was pretty obvious that he shouldn't be starting as a RB if there are decent alternatives available (whether one thinks Thomas or Fuchs as a LB are is a matter of debate).  He was a bomb scare every time he was in possession, which directly led to at least two near-goals for Liverpud.  It was only because of how dire Albrighton was that he wasn't our worst player.  Not questioning his effort or his desire, or even his strength in the air.  But being realistic about the performance doesn't make you a hater.  And the fact that Liverpool imploded and gifted us three points doesn't mean that everyone who played for us was brilliant.

Image result for amartey there is no need to be upset

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2021 at 11:10, HighPeakFox said:

I'll drop you a hint - he won't admit he got it wrong.

Probably not but I found it all Hilarious. The attempted cover-up was absolutely classic. We need more of that !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2021 at 03:36, Deeg67 said:

It's remarkable how any realistic criticism of a performance gets you labeled as a hater and you should "get the ban".  Grow up.

 

No one is saying Amartey isn't a good squad player, or a nice depth option to have around.  No one is saying he eats babies or goes clubbing without a mask.  But if you actually watched what went on yesterday, it was pretty obvious that he shouldn't be starting as a RB if there are decent alternatives available (whether one thinks Thomas or Fuchs as a LB are is a matter of debate).  He was a bomb scare every time he was in possession, which directly led to at least two near-goals for Liverpud.  It was only because of how dire Albrighton was that he wasn't our worst player.  Not questioning his effort or his desire, or even his strength in the air.  But being realistic about the performance doesn't make you a hater.  And the fact that Liverpool imploded and gifted us three points doesn't mean that everyone who played for us was brilliant.

without him beating the offside trap , allison would of had a very easy save to make

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...