Jump to content
Col city fan

Stabbings in Birmingham

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

Someone has died and several have serious injuries and yet some of you are joking about it? Sort yourselves out. 

I think you need to read the thread again. Nobody has joked about the incident. Weird that you've come to that conclusion

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I think you need to read the thread again. Nobody has joked about the incident. Weird that you've come to that conclusion

Carpet fitters, grannies with special knives.


Please tell me why you think it is weird I’ve came to that conclusion. No actually don’t, I’ll just block you instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

 

Somehow I don't think someone that stabs 8 people is going to be deterred from carrying a knife on the off chance they get caught with one

Yes you're right in this instance but my point was made about the horrendous knife crime and gang culture that is part of our world today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Should be a minimum 5 jail sentence for anyone caught carrying  a knife.

 

We need this sort of deterrent to help put a stop to these shocking incidents.

For such a deterrent to work you need there to be a realistic chance of both detection and conviction, which means having an effective police force and court system, both of which in the UK are chronically underfunded

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

For such a deterrent to work you need there to be a realistic chance of both detection and conviction, which means having an effective police force and court system, both of which in the UK are chronically underfunded

 

Detection of someone carrying a knife is pretty straightforward. It happens all day everyday.  It's the sentencing guidelines that are the issue.  If people started seeing their mates getting 5 year sentences for carrying a blade without reasonable excuse and then actually serving 5 years then I would expect this would have a tangible effect on levels of violence.

 

Sentencing in this country is a complete joke and has been for a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was at Birmingham New St station the other week and the BTP had set up a knife scanner at one of the entrances. This was at lunch time as well. About 8 officers and a dog manning it. Everyone had to walk through it but didn't see any trouble whilst I was there 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Syrup said:

Was at Birmingham New St station the other week and the BTP had set up a knife scanner at one of the entrances. This was at lunch time as well. About 8 officers and a dog manning it. Everyone had to walk through it but didn't see any trouble whilst I was there 

Was the dog dogging it? (Sorry)

Link to post
Share on other sites

"We have no suggestion that the motive was either racial, homophobic or gang-related."

 

However, the Police and Crime Commissioner said this sort of incident was "almost inevitable" due to the Coronavirus lockdown. 

 

So should we expect more of these incidents? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...