Choudhury on Southampton's radar

Leicester midfielder Hamza Choudhury is on Southampton’s radar as they look to replace Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg following his departure to Tottenham.

Choudhury is highly rated at the King Power Stadium and a homegrown player for their quota but Brendan Rodgers is also well-stocked in central midfield with Wilfred Ndidi, Youri Tielemans and Dennis Praet ahead of the England Under-21 international. 

Rodgers could listen to offers for Demarai Gray, who has a year left on his contract, to boost his spending power in the market. Islam Slimani is also back from his loan at Monaco and may attract some of the teams looking for a forward

~

Can’t see us letting him go permanently, loan could be worth it but I think he will get plenty of game time this season anyway

We need at least 4 players for the EL homegrown quota so I can't see it happening. If they put in a bid of around £15m  we'd have to consider it though and I don't rate him that much

• Like 1

Of all the younger players he was the one who didn't really prosper the way others did.

I'd have Mendy ahead of him. Better at passing and less volatile when tackling.

He might only be a Dragovic or Bennett type figure at Southampton.