Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

I just don't see how he fits in the team, even as a sub. We tend tend to play with a CDM and either 2 #8's or a #10. He just doesn't provide cover for either position. 

I would much rather go into a season with... Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans in MF and Mendy, Praet and someone like McGregor as backup. 

Controversial maybe, but I suspect BR wants 5 no. 8s for next season ('my team tends to be overloaded with midfield players'). Unlike other positions eg FB or CB, it'd be relatively easy to keep 5 no.8s happy - two start, two on the bench, fifth choice gets on the bench a fair bit and starts in cup games.

I anticipated that YT, JM & DP would be the first three, that a new signing would be fourth, and that Hamza and KDH would be battling for 5th place. Maybe I'll be right?

• Like 2

If Hamza wasn't a Leicester lad and we'd gone out and bought him I think the perception amongst Leicester fans would be very different.

Obviously that's a case of if my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle, but Hamza isn't difficult to replace and IMO is at a similar level to Mendy in terms of ability.

Being an English U21 player he holds value and this might be the right time to cash in on him for say £20-£25m.

I don't see what he offers us that we don't get from other squad players. Hurts to say that because I love him and i'm desperate to see him succeed. 

• Like 3

His technical skills haven’t exactly developed by leaps and bounds.  He does have a PL-grade motor and athleticism though.  Sometimes it’s good to have somebody with those attributes to plug in.

I don’t see the point to a loan, because how much better is he going to get?  But given our shortage of able bodies, we’d better not sell him without a replacement in hand.

I like Hamza, hope he doesn't leave. I know he's not the best defensive midfielder but in a team that somewhat lacks aggression, it's something he does give us. He's a good tackler but not much else  :dunno:. Plus it's a thin squad as it is and not sure it'd make sense selling him (now) unless we have a deal to replace him. 

• Like 1

His performances against the bigger teams were outstanding, we all thought he was ready and that was his breakthrough.

Since then I have to say, his form has regressed. 

He doesn’t bring much to the team right now, a loan away somewhere might do him good.

• Like 2

I think after being sent off in the U21 tournament at the start of last year he's lost his way. His strength was his ball winning aggression particularly shown a few months previous against Arsenal. If he can't continue with that style of aggressive tackling the rest of his game is exposed as being pretty average.

57 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I dont understand all the hate choudhury gets on here, put in some massive performances last season against chelsea, man city and arsenal, was good at the start of this season even though we needed to be playing a more creative midfielder in his role instead, which isnt really his fault, and was a top performer in the chelsea match at home. People say he's average and replaceable but i dont see many better players around in his profile and i dont see many average players putting in the performances he's done against the best teams in the league, maybe im missing something...

I don’t really see any hate in this thread just some people saying they don’t think he’s good enough which is fair enough 

• Like 2