Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

Swear I’ve read before something about him preferring to stay and fight for his place rather than go elsewhere (possibly as a loan) due to being a local lad with a young family. Not sure if anyone will be able to confirm or deny?!

Dont think he’s progressed as much as he could have these last couple of years but is still a solid back up player at this level and provides a different option to some of our other midfield players. Was used very effectively by Puel against some of the bigger sides in more of a destroyer role. Other point is him being a home trained player obviously adds to his value to us in terms of Europa next year. So unless he’s desperate to go would rather keep him as a decent rotation option.

7 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I don’t really see any hate in this thread just some people saying they don’t think he’s good enough which is fair enough 

I get that it's an opinion but i cant see how people dont think he's good enough, especially for our bench. His agression, work rate and tackling ability makes him a very useful player to have in our squad. He's also technically very decent, he doesnt make killer final balls or dribble with the ball but despite that hiccup at the end of last season he is composed under pressure and a good progressive passer. Again like i said you dont have the performances against the big 6 that he's had by being average, he just needs a bit more consistency.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I get that it's an opinion but i cant see how people dont think he's good enough, especially for our bench. His agression, work rate and tackling ability makes him a very useful player to have in our squad. He's also technically very decent, he doesnt make killer final balls or dribble with the ball but despite that hiccup at the end of last season he is composed under pressure and a good progressive passer. Again like i said you dont have the performances against the big 6 that he's had by being average, he just needs a bit more consistency.

So no hate on here then, just people not being that keen on him and thinking we can do better.

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

But is he happy being a squad player ?

Just now, baldeagle said:

But is he happy being a squad player ?

Weren't there rumours over a falling out as he felt he should be playing every week?

If that is the case then we should ship him out sharpish, I'm all for players wanting first team football but not at the expense of squad harmony.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Weren't there rumours over a falling out as he felt he should be playing every week?

If that is the case then we should ship him out sharpish, I'm all for players wanting first team football but not at the expense of squad harmony.

Barring a handful of appearances where he was  fantastic I think he’s looked  average the rest of the time and reckless at others . And that  I would say is why he’s not played more . It’s a tricky one as  he will only Improve with games  but we can’t afford to be playing him just for the sake of development when others are simple way ahead of him . 

• Like 2

For reference, Saints fans have started discussions on Hamza

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/58212-hojbjerg-replacement/page/4/

Personally, undecided, he is great for the hustle and bustle stuff, but he always seems a bit lost when he has done the getting the ball bit and his recklessness is a concern that shows no sign of abating 

He looked better in the double pivot because he had someone covering his back and was able to fly round like Robbie savage on roids, with no responsibility. Brendan’s rigid system, doesn’t really allow for this indiscipline and his lapse and over eagerness become much more magnified.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

I don't think Rodgers is too keen on him, I for one think he could be a very good player with the right supportive coach.  I still don't get all the negativity on here though.....oh wait, one crap game and the hang'em & flog'em brigade on FT come out to play!

It’s not that I’m my opinion, he is to much a liability with his over the top fouls. I’m constantly on edge watching him.

when he has the ball he can then be way to relaxed often giving the ball away needlessly 

18 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Selling Choudhury, Gray and Iheanacho could free up some decent money to buy players who will improve us.

I like Hamza to be honest. Got a bit of fight about him, something we're lacking imo. Albeit that can get him into trouble sometimes 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Very reckless, always looks like getting a card every match. For a decent fee I'd let him go. If Amartey gets fit he'd be a better option anyway.

Amartey is one of the most timid footballers I've ever seen. Not cut out of a team that wants to press the ball or play at a high tempo... If that's still our plan

38 minutes ago, majaco said:

One of my favourite players from our current squad.  He has the potential to be really good.   In the middle of last season, I seem to remember him being highly regarded on this forum.

Yes, by the fickle fans probably the ones saying he was better than Ndidi or should be starting ahead of him

40 minutes ago, majaco said:

One of my favourite players from our current squad.  He has the potential to be really good.   In the middle of last season, I seem to remember him being highly regarded on this forum.

On FT, a week old is a lifetime ago. lol

Edited by NaijaFox