Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

20 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

He's definitely best as a box to box, hassling midfielder. He's closer to Kanté in that regard than Ndidi.

Definitely think we need to keep him. Confident he'll shine in Europe too, especially playing for his hometown club. We just need to get him to come on as one of the two central midfielders, not as the defensive midfielder.

I agree although see his passing game not being up to PL standard if he was in that position.

Might explain Mendy’s new deal further. He’ll now be the direct backup/player to rotate with Wilf, we sell Hamza and bring in a more creative player (McGregor?) to compete/rotate with Youri/Praet/Madders in the ‘8’ position.

I don’t particularly want to see him go as he’s a Leicester lad, but I think we can acknowledge that he’s limited in a number of areas, and a fee somewhere around £15m might be good business for us in terms of allowing us to upgrade him at a low net cost.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Might explain Mendy’s new deal further. He’ll now be the direct backup/player to rotate with Wilf, we sell Hamza and bring in a more creative player (McGregor?) to compete/rotate with Youri/Praet/Madders in the ‘8’ position.

I don’t particularly want to see him go as he’s a Leicester lad, but I think we can acknowledge that he’s limited in a number of areas, and a fee somewhere around £15m might be good business for us in terms of allowing us to upgrade him at a low net cost.

That pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

There are few who are technically good enough to provide back up to Wilf. If we had back up who were good enough they’d wanna be starting every game. Who would you like to replace them pair? Who would be happy coming to Leicester and happily sit and watch wilfs masterclass’ week in week out? I can’t think of many. 

To reach the next level, which the club have have already acknowledged then we need better backups for every position. The club are aware of this and I am sure they are working to achieve this mid/long term.

I can’t see him leaving. He’s important with being homegrown. Hamza barnes and Thomas are 3 of our 4 required homegrown by the club as part of a larger 8 homegrown in the country that we need for Europe. If hamza goes it will mean filling vital spaces in our 25 man squad with kids from the academy. I just can’t see it unless it’s silly money.

if we did sell, I’d rather us use the cash in other areas of the pitch as our midfield really isn’t too bad. Tielemans Maddison praet ndidi mendy. That’s 5 bodies for 3 spots. 6 would be ideal but 5 isn’t the worst. Where as if you look at our wide options...

On 08/09/2020 at 19:13, mod hero said:

His stock peaked with us when we beat arsenal 3-0 a while back. Since then not been to enamoured with him tbh.

Not sure he’s good enough on the ball to play the way Rodgers likes - see Utd at home for example.

...yes you are right, he does not fit into the way Rodgers wants to play!!!

With Ndidi in the team Choudhury cannot play the Tieleman role, and with Ndidi out he does not fill that position as effectively. He needs to move on with his career and take up a role which he can build his career on and the talk of a walking red card is not what he is about.

He now has a reputation which follows him about and he needs to be strong and honest enough to ignore the need to impress and play the way he can.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Stevosevic said:

Sell. He lets us down too often imo.

We should replace him with a more forward thinking attacker to compete Maddison.

Wilf and Mendy have the holding role covered and at worst Praet can drop in during a crisis.

Would mean we could only select 22 in our EL squad, unless we keep KDH

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Sell. He lets us down too often imo.

We should replace him with a more forward thinking attacker to compete Maddison.

Wilf and Mendy have the holding role covered and at worst Praet can drop in during a crisis.

I think its harsh to say he lets us down but I'd definitely be willing to let him go. 

Selling Hamza and Gray for £20-25m combined would give us the money to go out and sign another quality player for the squad, thus improving it. I wouldn’t be against it, plus KDH could potentially take Hamza’s position in the squad.

Edited by Devonfox1884
  • Like 1

They would need replacing and at least one would need to be home-grown. Seems to be a habit now for us of selling English players and replacing them with foreign players.

I wouldn't miss either to be honest. Choudhury constantly switches off in games and Gray is only useful off the bench and is going to leave next summer on a free. Cash in now and try to upgrade.